6000 free tickets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6000 free tickets?

Heard a few saying last night that 6000 free tickets were handed out to local schools etc to boost the crowd last night and I must admit that before the game I did see someone offering a couple of tickets to other fans for nothing.

I was surrounded by Aussies and South Africans last night and it was painful to listen to them attempt to explain the rules to their mates including one stunning looking bird who obviously could not care less about the game apart from "the really black guy in the shirt with blue hoops" Grrrrrrrrrrr :anger:

I did notice a lot of different European languages being spoken around the ground last night from small groups of fans.

I mentioned it to my son, so maybe there's something in that?

Comment

Behind me were sat a couple of eastern europeans who I assume were from Latvia as EVERY SINGLE TIME Gorkks touched the ball the guy would shout 'Kaspars Gorkks' seriously every single time!

Comment

Originally posted by Fez View Post
        Behind me were sat a couple of eastern europeans who I assume were from Latvia as EVERY SINGLE TIME Gorkks touched the ball the guy would shout 'Kaspars Gorkks' seriously every single time!
        HAHA i can imagine that!
        Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

that would explain the really poor vocal support from a ground virtually full then
          its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

try songs in different languages?

Comment

a load over from norway....

Comment

Originally posted by themodfather View Post
                a load over from norway....
                Yeah.

Spoke to one by a kiosk in Ellerslie.Nice fella.

Comment

isnt it better to have a full LR than half empty and even if we do give tickets away then maybe just maybe then a few may come back to support the R's??

we do get a few foreign supporters over here (latvian,swedish & norwegian are just a few & others) & i welcome them as they spead the word in their own contry and they boost our global support - so who gives a toss about a few tickets given away as a freebie as long as it helps us to be recognised.

The more the merrier & before you ask ive been going for over 30 years... & effin !! last night
                  Thank **ck thats all over with !!! need a holiday!!!

Comment

yep, hopefuly the board will get the message, get it filled to the rafters.

Comment

This does split opinion. We want the stadium full and the club have got it wrong on the pricing polciy, so they are trying to generate interest. Rumour is the school end top end was made up of around 2,000 free tickets, not sure it was 6,000.

Fans could obviously get in for a tenner, plus promotions are on-going. It is going to be a very delicate operation in next few matches, as season ticket holders got one free ticket for the season and if this carries on and on, it will lead to a little resentment.

For the moment great to see the stadium full, just wish it would be a fortress like it used to be, the game against Leicester it was like I was visting a morgue.
                      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Behind me a season ticket holder brought a mate, constantly, for half of the first half, all they spoke about was one of their sisters, she apparently has very small ears but big feet, it was driving me mad.

Next to them were 3 Finnish blokes who were sat in absent season ticket holders seats, couldn't work this one out, as the season holders who are normally there, normally come on their own and aren't "related", how did they get their tickets?
                        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

The guys from Norway aside (they're Rs) I deffo encounted a fair few foreigners that seemed like they'd never been to a game before. Maybe we just pitched up at the local Polish Club and dished them out.

Saying that, behind me in the Q for food was a couple and their young son - none of who had been to a match before judging by their conversations, they'd bought him something from the club shop, both the dad and the boy had a programme, the kid was twirling that stupid rattle non stop and they seemed genuinely excited by the game. Shame we didnt get 3 points as we may have a few new fans there.
                          Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Working...
                          X