Hands up, I was wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hands up, I was wrong

I expected us to win last night. I was wrong, so hands up. However, what I didn't expect was the performance - that was absolute dire.

Apart from the 10 minutes before we scored, this was as bad as I've ever seen us play. Too many players simply had an off day, asking why is a mystery. Faurlin was too inept for words. If that was Mahon last season, he would have been lynched.

Trouble is, if we can't play our way through the middle, there seems no other way forward. There was zero threat down the wings - how many headers have we scored this season?

We need to bounce back quickly from this game. I still think we'll be up there come May, but we need to be more adaptable. Leicester did their homework and deserved the win. Whenever we attacked they had 8 men behind the ball, but as soon as they broke they seemed to have another 5 upfield. Did they really only have 11 men on the pitch?

True.

I wouldn't had minded loosing if we played well, but the passing was the worst i'd seen for years and the Cerny blunder has to be in contention for the end of the seasons 'championship blunders awards'...

He has been great for us so let us forgive him and move on, but your right, last nights performance was low.

Comment

Working...
    X