No announcement yet.

"Let him die"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol i start that sometimes, who ares he gets paid thousands a week. havent see him complaining, grow a pair!!!
    QPR&ENGLAND

Comment

Originally posted by loftusroadfan View Post
      grow a pair!!!
      Who?

Comment

nik29,the banters far worse on the pitch.have you ever played?sticks and stones and all that
        Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Everyone's making out like I can't take banter.. that's completely wrong and anyone who knows me will back that up.. I give it a lot and can take it with a smile when it's chucked back at me.

The stuff the Barnsley keeper got a few weeks ago was quality, very funny..

However, in my opinion there is a line.

Songs like "Let him die", "Drogba/Okocha's got AIDS" and "Where's your mother gone?" to Lampard are completely out of order, and actually quite cringeworthy.

Comment

It may be describled as banter, but it is quite offensive,especially considering the fact that in recent seasons, a number of players have actually died whilst playing.

It also isn't a good advertisement for those who rarely attend games to hear that. It's one of the reasons why many people hate football fans.

Comment

I went to the chelsea game and "Where's your mother gone?" to Lampard was NOT sung.
              It was all directed about john terrys mum being a thief. I think your making stuff up now!
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                I went to the chelsea game and "Where's your mother gone?" to Lampard was NOT sung.
                It was all directed about john terrys mum being a thief. I think your making stuff up now!
                I never heard that either. Disgusting if true. Things like that have no place at football. John Terry's mum being a thief is funny. Lampards being dead is disgraceful.
                Your mum would love me...

Comment

Agree but I still think he is making it up. Funny how neither of us heard that one.
                  I think he is making a mountain out of a mole hill. I have played football at a decent level and I used to hear alot worse. I was only earning £60 a match too!

Comment

it's more to hurry the game up....many injuries can be treated off the pitch...

Comment

Let him die is ment in Jest.
                      As you say it is to try and get the game on.
                      We do seem to have a few 'big girls blouses' on here.
                      I think they shouldn't leave the house and then they can avoid all bad language.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                        I never heard that either. Disgusting if true. Things like that have no place at football. John Terry's mum being a thief is funny. Lampards being dead is disgraceful.
                        I agree completely.

And it was sung when he came on. Just not by very many at all.

Comment

I never heard it mate.
                          If I had, I'd probably have said something.

Banter is banter and I'm sure Lampard would have dismissed it for the *****ic chant it was, but it's still sick. If I lost a family member and they goaded me for it...I promise you I'd go away for a long, long time for my actions. Not a cyber warrior statement...just a fact.
                          Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                            I never heard it mate.
                            If I had, I'd probably have said something.

Banter is banter and I'm sure Lampard would have dismissed it for the *****ic chant it was, but it's still sick. If I lost a family member and they goaded me for it...I promise you I'd go away for a long, long time for my actions. Not a cyber warrior statement...just a fact.
                            It was a really small minority of fans, and it didn't catch on but it was still chanted, I don't know where from or who by because I was concentrating on the game.

RE me being a "big girls blouse" .. Not at all. As someone who has grown up with German background.. trust me I've had a lot of stuff said to me.. but I can take it on the chin and give it back just as well.

I just think "let him die" crosses the line.. especially as stanistheman said, when you think about what happened to people such as Antonio Puerta among others.

Comment

Working...
                            X