Sub Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub Keepers

Heaton's loan deal runs out shortly after December 15th meaning that unless we bring in another emergency loan deal we will be left with just Putnins who has no first team experience as cover.

Who therefore would you bring in? Would you sign someone permanently in January who is ready for the Number 1 shirt or would you sign an upcoming youngster? Could we sign Heaton permanently?

Does anyone know what has happened to Tomasz Kuszczak? No longer 2nd choice to Van Der Saar and wasn't even included on the bench last night against Barnsley. Very good keeper who in my mind would be a very good long term number one. Anyone else agree?

I think QPR need to sign a new loan keeper as cover for Cerny in November, before the loan window closes. Even if it means sending Heaton back to United in December.

I agree that Tomasz Kuszczak would be a good replacement for Heaton, but doubt if he would be interested in making the switch on a short term basis just to act as cover for Cerny.

Perhaps QPR can agree a perm deal for Heaton now and he can re-join on Jan 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
      I think QPR need to sign a new loan keeper as cover for Cerny in November, before the loan window closes. Even if it means sending Heaton back to United in December.

I agree that Tomasz Kuszczak would be a good replacement for Heaton, but doubt if he would be interested in making the switch on a short term basis just to act as cover for Cerny.

Perhaps QPR can agree a perm deal for Heaton now and he can re-join on Jan 1st.
      I was thinking that we should try and sign Kuszczak permanently as a long term replacement for Cerny but you are right we should try and put the wheels in motion to get Heaton permanently. He would probably be happier to substitute for longer than Kuszczak would.

Comment

I have pondered this myself.

Do we actually think Heaton is happy being number 2? To be honest I very much doubt he is. Has performed well when called upon but is not likely to dislodge Cerny anytime soon.

I wouldn't be suprised to see Heaton go back to Man U and try to find himself a club where he will get more starts!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
          I have pondered this myself.

Do we actually think Heaton is happy being number 2? To be honest I very much doubt he is. Has performed well when called upon but is not likely to dislodge Cerny anytime soon.

I wouldn't be suprised to see Heaton go back to Man U and try to find himself a club where he will get more starts!
          You are probably right but how many keepers are prepared to sign for a club when they know they have no chance of dislodging the number one. At least with us he would be number 2 but at United he is behind Van der Saar, Foster, Amos and Kuzsazak. One injury to Cerny and the position is his until he loses form. Because of Cerny's age once Heaton gets in it could be his for a long time to come.

Comment

we need to not waste a loan by having one as a sub every game. we need to BUY a backup GK.. not really fussed who it is belong as they have decent experience.
            Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
            Lovejoy: "No?!"
            Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by garyqpr4eva View Post
              we need to not waste a loan by having one as a sub every game. we need to BUY a backup GK.. not really fussed who it is belong as they have decent experience.
              I think the problem is that any experienced goal keeper won't be prepared to sit on the bench. Of course there are lots of examples of keepers doing exactly that but we need a keeper who is prepared to fight for the number one shirt rather than just join to earn his keep.

Comment

heaton will go back,read somewhere that he was not happy warming the bench

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                  I think the problem is that any experienced goal keeper won't be prepared to sit on the bench. Of course there are lots of examples of keepers doing exactly that but we need a keeper who is prepared to fight for the number one shirt rather than just join to earn his keep.
                  for the future yes but for the remainder of the season we need somebody to come in when needed cerny will do fine regardless
                  Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                  Lovejoy: "No?!"
                  Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

So he'll be warming the bench at Man U instead!
                    oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

We should get that Forrest keeper,camp i think hes called.
                      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

no point in heaton being away from home to warm the bench,if we were thinking of replacing cerny next season then maybe he would stay

Comment

Shame we did not get Andy Marshall after his trial.

Comment

Would that be Andy "can't even get into the Villa reserve team" Marshall?!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X