"Form is temporary, class is permanent"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Form is temporary, class is permanent"

Do you think that we are just an on form average team playing with confidence or that we are actually the real deal and we can be up their at the end of the season with Newcastle, West Brom and Cardiff and the other so called class teams of this league?

We are more of a "real deal" than anyone in this league.

If you asked Newcastle, Brom or Cardiff would they want any of our players i think they'd say yes
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

we are defo the real deal

we have had a decent squad imo for the last couple of seasons, who in the past have been underforming

the team is now gelling and we are looking good for promotion

Comment

Still WAY too early to say IMO.

So many good teams in this league and too many of us are getting beyond themselves.

Yes - I think we have a chance, but to dismiss anyone elses chances is ridiculous. Tough, tough league this year. Possibly the hardest it's ever been.

We'll be in the mix for sure, but 'the real deal' tag would mean we should win it. Can we win the CCC this year??? Maybe, but it won't be easy.

We're going the right way and I couldn't be more happy. I'm an optemist but a realist too.
        Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
          We are more of a "real deal" than anyone in this league.

If you asked Newcastle, Brom or Cardiff would they want any of our players i think they'd say yes
          And Scott...we would take players from their teams too.

Ameobi, Ryan Taylor, Steve Taylor to mention just a few from one club.

Comment

Benny make that 4 Kevin Nolan scores an incredible amount from Midfield and is premiership class.
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

BUT

but i think we have more ball players than any of the others.so we are the prettiest team to watch

Comment

agree
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Ameobi? But we already have players who do nothing to worry barn doors!

Seriously yes we would take players from other teams but we have some truly outstanding midfield players who would walk into any team in this division. Off the top of my head only Adam Johnson and Kevin Nolan would get a look in at the moment.

Agree with poster who says we have had a good but underperforming squad over last couple of years. Our management has at least realised we need to play to our strengths and that is retaining possession, lots of movement and interchange and keeping it mainly on the ground.

Most teams don't have one outstanding creative player yet we have Routledge, Faurlin, Tarby, Buzsaky and Watson. If by some miracle we can keep our loans this season we will be very hard to play against.

So yes we can do it. Whether we will or not only time will tell. I'm just glad we did sign all those midfielders as it means we should be class in the middle of the park all season.

Comment

This is my worry. I've seen us go on good runs in this league before. We had similar good form under Holloway (first season up), when Gregory first took over and at the start of Gerry's second spell. Also, when we signed Spencer and Pea****. Problem in the past has been maintaining this form throughout the whole season..

Comment

It has been said in pre-season, by me and others, that this was going to be a really difficult CCC campaign with many sides in with a good shout. QPR are just one of those teams.

Cardiff & West Brom were always likely to be up there.

I also thought that Middlesboro and Newcastle would be thereabouts, as long as their squads were not completely dismantled. So far, they have kept many of their best players and it looks like they will maintain a strong challenge.

I also thought Forest had bought reasonably well and that Billy Davies has been in the play-offs with both Preston and Derby, so could do so again.

I also thought Preston and Bristol City would put up a top 6 challenge.

I must admit that I thought Reading and Sheff Utd would have been better placed, but perhaps was wrong on these two teams.

Overall, QPR look like a decent side, but I am not going to get carried away by a few good wins. There is a long way still to go and a lot of hard work to be done. For now, I will enjoy the ride and watching some good football at last.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                        Benny make that 4 Kevin Nolan scores an incredible amount from Midfield and is premiership class.
                        Indeed, and that's just one club.

Wheater, St. Ledger, O'Neil and Taylor at Borough

Brunt, Bednar and Koren at Brom

Chopra, Whittingham, Bothroyd, McCormack and Ledley at Diff

intact, there aren't many clubs who don't have at least one player who could improve our squad. Plenty of tallent on the CCC.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                          Indeed, and that's just one club.

Wheater, St. Ledger, O'Neil and Taylor at Borough

Brunt, Bednar and Koren at Brom

Chopra, Whittingham, Bothroyd, McCormack and Ledley at Diff

intact, there aren't many clubs who don't have at least one player who could improve our squad. Plenty of tallent on the CCC.
                          Agree with that. There are many good teams in this league which is why its a joy to watch.

Comment

What about those players at that club QPR...They'll be well up there

Routledge, Buzsaky, Faurlin, Simpson, Watson, Taarabt to name a few. Pure class!

Comment

46 games will tell

Comment

Working...
                              X