What The Papers Say..About QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Queens Park Rangers v Crystal Palace Preview

QPR midfielder Ben Watson is expected to return to the starting line-up for the rearranged derby clash with Crystal Palace.

More...

Comment

Jim Magilton tells QPR to stand up and be counted against Palace

More...

Comment

Manchester United and Liverpool to watch QPR whizzkid, 14, this week

More...

Comment

Crystal palace preview

The One to Watch - Victor Moses

More...

Comment

Simek looking forward to game this weekend

Simek's work ethic in bid to win Laws' votePremium Article !Your account has been frozen. For your available options click the below button.
            Options Premium Article !To read this article in full you must have registered and have a Premium Content Subscription with the Sheffield Star site.
            Subscribe Registered Article !To read this article in full you must be registered with the site.
            Sign InRegister

« Previous « PreviousNext » Next »View GalleryADVERTISEMENTPublished Date: 03 November 2009
            By Paul Thompson
            Sheffield Wednesday
            FRANKIE Simek is ready to fight to keep his place in the Wednesday side and refuses to take it for granted that he will face QPR at Hillsborough on Saturday.
            Simek made a sound comeback in the draw at Bristol City and was praised by boss Brian Laws.

But the US international says that he must keep working hard as he bids to get his wish of a run in the side.

"I've just got to keep my head down and work hard in training and see what happens; if the gaffer picks me I'll be pleased with that.," he said.

"You can't take anything for granted in football; I certainly won't be doing that.

"I hope the gaffer picks me. I want to be in the team and helping us to get some points and get up the league. We're lower than we want to be, but a couple of wins and you're flying again."

Simek hopes that the Owls can build on a good performance by the whole team at Bristol.: "I thought I did all right. I thought I could have done better in a few situations, but overall I was happy.," he said. "I'd played in a couple of cup games but the league games are different; I'm just pleased to have got back in and to have helped the team get a good result.

"The boys did really well. When we've come away disappointed with a draw away from home against a team who are high in the table, it shows how well we did. The other lads who came in, Tommy Miller and Richard Hinds, had good games.

"Obviously it's going to a take a few games to get top-level match fitness, but I wasn't out of legs; I was happy
            ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Report: QPR v Crystal Palace

Darren Ambrose kept up his goalscoring streak as Crystal Palace secured a battling point with a 1-1 draw at QPR.

More...

Comment

Alternative match report from palarse offy

More...

Comment

Darren Ambrose kept up his goalscoring streak as Crystal Palace secured a battling point with a 1-1 draw at QPR.

More...

Comment

Rangers stumble in hunt to regain winning habit

More....

Comment

Jim Magilton was adamant his side deserved all three points, as a pulsating London derby against Crystal Palace ended in honours even at Loftus Road.

More....

Comment

Being in Wayne's world keeps Taarabt in the UK

ADEL Taarabt has hinted that his telepathic understanding with Wayne Routledge is one of the main reasons he will be happy to stay at Loftus Road until the summer.

More...

Comment

It's real - QPR's Cook is at last free of the agony

LEE Cook is out until Christmas at the earliest - but amazingly the QPR player's dream came true this week.

More...

Comment

Raheem Sterling prepares for England debut as QPR insist he will not leave Loftus Road

Scouts from across the Premier League will be heading to the Deva Stadium in Chester tonight, desperate for a glimpse of a 14-year-old London schoolboy.

More...

Comment

Working...
                            X