Finishing - a minor but significant criticism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finishing - a minor but significant criticism

I'm as spell-bound and proud of the football the team are playing as anyone. But I do have one constructive criticism.
    If I were JM, I would have had them out on Mon morning practicing their finishing. Everyone knows that when you are 1-on-1 with the keeper at an angle you have to aim low and to the far corner. This is because keepers can't get down so quickly and because, of course, it offers the chances for a rebound for another striker.
    Both Taarabt and Routledge (twice if you count the marginal offside decision) shot high and closer to the near post.

I know we're scoring loads now but it could make all the differences in tight games later in the season

Yes I'd agree we should be beating teams by at least 10 every game
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Bobbins does have a valid point though.

I thought the same, about thhose two misses.

I'm not saying QPR need to score 5 or 6 each game, but there will be many games where the opposition is better and chances are limited.

This type of chance, may be the only ones QPR get in matches against the likes of Bristol City, Middlesbro, Swansea etc.

Comment

thanks stanistheman.
        it's not going to be such a stroll all season. we won't always find our passing so easy, esp when the pitches get boggier and heavier in the winter

Comment

Very VERY harsh.
          Routledge only had a half chance if that and he did very well just to get it on target so the keeper needs to make a save. You couldn't ask anymore from him at that angle so have to disagree. Lets not get greedy
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

man I just want to write about this point! because low ball is very hard for the keepers and take more time to lay down than jump at higher ball by my experience. I wanted to write this but I tought the forumers here will crucify me as usual for being posting weird posts again!

Comment

You're right about the best option being the far post, low & hard, but 'occasionally' I agree with a near post effort.
              Keep the seed of doubt in the Keeper's mind.

Comment

We need a striker!!!

Comment

Bobbins has a point. On both occasion I was saying thats poor, almost school boy like. Don't get me wrong and I am not trying to be greedy, I just think both should have done better and I did expect more from both of those players. There will be games where it will be tight and mistakes like these could be costly. As he said nothing wrong with constructive criticism.

Comment

I say it everytime, shoot across the goalie, it pay more dividends.

I'm sure Jim and John will have pointed this one out already in team meetings.

Nothing wrong with constructive criticism in the right manner .
                    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Very good point Bobbins!

Who is our striking coach? Do we even have one? I know Sir Les is at Spurs and every outfield player has scored for them this season so something he teaching them must be working.

Comment

Aggy always aims low, so they must know about it.

Comment

Working...
                        X