Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why us moaners (well, me) are happier...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why us moaners (well, me) are happier...

Well the results DO help, but...

1. Flab seems to be keeping his nose out of the dressing room. No more of this "4-4-2, but no, I'm not really picking the team, Mr Manager, Sir". Ah, yeah, 4-4-2, the formation the majority of you wanted and the one you think you've got. REALLY? Do you think Routledge has been playing up front with Simpson? I don't; he is playing about as high up the field as Buzz and Taarabt, i.e. part of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1 formation. ONE up front! The exact formation this squad is playing is the one Sousa was trying last season, but didn't have the personnel for it.

2. The manager FINALLY (Let's hear you say Halleluyah) appears to have been able to pick the players HE wants. No more Borrowdales. Now, let's be clear here: Borrowdale appears to be fitting in well and developing quite nicely, but he should NEVER have been bought if the manager didn't want him. You Happy Clappers can go on about how Gianni was right; look at Borrowdale, he can PLAY (as if Gianni would ever know a millionth of what Paola Sousa knows about football...), but that's not my point. The point is, it is pure insanity to bring in a player that the manager doesn't want or doesn't rate - there should be no more of that now that JG and JM are in charge of transfers.

2a. OK, I'm off on a tangent here, but Ben Watson. Great, it looks like we might land him in January for, what was it, £2.5m? Great business people are thinking. Maybe, but if the club had listened to Iain Dowie at the start of last season and pushed the boat out by another couple of hundred k, we'd have had him then for less than £2m. Of course, the real reason we didn't get him then was probably more to do with Flab wanting to get in with his continental football contacts (again as if he'd know a trillionth of what Iain Dowie knows about football...) by bringing Parejo to the club.

3. The settled team - ah...

And just to re-assure Isleworth, I am still less than happy about Gianni's role at the club. I haven't forgotten what went on before the Flab and his mates came in - budgets being exceeded season on season resulting in a spiralling debt, the Gino Padula saga, the (what seemed like) daily dramas that came out of the club and most of all, his loose lips.

There are, however, signs of improvement, the main one being his silence. He was almost as much of a rent-a-quote as Simon Jordan three or four years ago and now, he is much more low profile - good. As mentioned above, he is no longer the cheif recruiter - good; he is also not in charge of finances - superb!
    So, he may yet turn a corner, but its going to take more than a few good results (and even a promotion) for me to change that view.

UUU RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

fair enough piece mate.

just shows that if things are left on the pitch that all the negativity generally goes away and we are together, as fans, as we should be.

Onwards and Upwards!
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

good post Davman
      agree with pretty much every point

Comment

Agree Davman. Good post.

The less involvement from Briatore the better. He is a business man and not a football man.

Comment

Davman, fair comments from the other side of the coin.

Wouldn't hype up how much SOusa knows about football, he might have great knowledge of European football, but his team has only scored 9 goals this season.yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn and is very new to English football. No taking what a great player he was.

Borrowdale is not a bad player and didn't deserve the treatment he got. You fail to mention Faurlin who was spotted not by JM or JG. Okay, players will sometimes prove no good, but in the main this team is exciting to watch and has goals in it. We had goals in us last season, trouble is we were scared of losing as opposed to winning.

JG AND JM have done great installing a winning mentality.
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Working...
          X