Quick free kicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick free kicks

I'm amazed that so many football fans don't seem to get it about free kicks.
    The ref will ask the attacking player if he wants to take a quick free kick or not. If he does, then he can take one. If he doesn't (because he wants the wall the be back 10 yards) then he HAS to wait till the whistle is blown.
    That's why* Watson got booked (because he had said he wanted to wait till the whistle was blown) and why Savage didn't.
    David

* = I'm assuming this as I wasn't there

there is no excuse you still dont book a player for it,just make them take the free kick again common sense. but thats andy hall a total c--t

Comment

It's also down to he ref he may want to talk to a player etc. and may say to the player you have to wait until my whistle!

Comment

david, you're right it is the letter of the law. Hall has nothing personal against us like some claim, that is ridiculous. Hall however has no common sense. You don't give 2nd yellow for that

Comment

many players have been booked for taking quick free kicks;now i think it has become mandatory;like taking your shirt off

Comment

i just want to write about same thing! i see its unfair to now yellow card savage.

Comment

In the interview on QPR player Buz said that he asked the ref to check the wall was 10 yards but Watson didn't hear him.
              18th August 2011. The day we got our Rangers back

Comment

Working...
              X