Fuming!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuming!!!!!!!

As regular posters on here will know, I'm currently based out in Dubai and having serious Rangers withdrawl symptoms.......especially with our recent hot streak.

Anyway, as I'm sure you can imagine, this week had me full of excitment with the prospect of 2 live games available via an online stream. With this in mind I went to the mall yesterday morning to pick up a cable to link my laptop to my TV. Went back home and settled down to watch the Villa vs Wolves match, followed by Spurs vs Stoke. After the Spurs match I hooked up my laptop to the TV and tried to log on to the internet. To my horror I realised my internet connection was down and preceded to have a serious sense of humour failure with frequent blue language and child like tantrums. This was much to the displeasure of my new girlfriend who went to bed in order to avoid my childish behaviour!!!!

Despite spending the full 90 minutes praying and messing about with my laptop, the internet connection only returned for a 5 minute period when we were 3-2 up. It then died again and hasn't come back since.

I called my service provider this morning and they have informed me that the fault will take at least 48 hours to fix. I am now sweating as to whether I will miss Tuesday nights game too!

In case you are wondering, this email is being sent from my boss's house where I am being forced to work from until my home/office connection is fixed.

Not fishing for sympathy, just thought you lot might like to have a good old laugh at my misfortune. Also if anybody has a link for highlights of the match I would really appreciate it if they could share it with me (other than BBC iPlayer which generally doesn't work outside of the UK).
    Last edited by Tarbie; 25-10-2009, 09:10 AM.

Not a techie so can't help you on the iPlayer front. Sure someone on here will know.

As for the next game, it's on Friday so surely it will be fixed by then.

You missed a darn exciting game...

Comment

Ah......it's Friday not Tuesday, that's good news!

Comment

Tarbie I watched the game at Aljazeera +7. Didn't you subscribe?
        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Not subscribed yet Yousef but last night I was really wishing that I had! :-)

Comment

Will you be popping over to Qatar for the England v Brazil game Tarbie?

Comment

Isleworth - I have been thinking about the England game in Qatar but the flight to Qatar (despite only being a 50 minute journey) generally costs between 200 & 300 quid. Quite a lot of cash to pay for a friendly I reckon!!!!

Comment

I have given up with streaming at home here in Dubai and went to Fibbers pub last night to see the game. They have most of the games and i was chatting to the barman who basically said they have access to everything so you should be good for Leicester.

The only problem was that its a Chelsea pub and they were thumping Blackburn on the other screen

http://www.fibbersdubai.com

Comment

DubaiR - I've been to Fibbers, didn't realise they showed Championship games in there.

Are you gonna be there for the Leicester match on Friday?

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                    Isleworth - I have been thinking about the England game in Qatar but the flight to Qatar (despite only being a 50 minute journey) generally costs between 200 & 300 quid. Quite a lot of cash to pay for a friendly I reckon!!!!
                    Blimey I thought they only about £100 :what: Luckily our flights are inclusive to Doha changing in Dubai so I expect we saved doing it that way.

Comment

No idea why it is so expensive Isleworth. Some things out here just don't make sense.

For example, flights to Bahrain can be picked up for less than 100 quid whereas flights to Muscat in Oman (which is a shorter journey) generally cost at least twice as much.

Where are you staying in Doha and/or Dubai?

Comment

No idea why it is so expensive Isleworth. Some things out here just don't make sense.

For example, flights to Bahrain can be picked up for less than 100 quid whereas flights to Muscat in Oman (which is a shorter journey) generally cost at least twice as much.

Where are you staying in Doha and/or Dubai?
                        Arriving in Doha on Thursday 12th and returning Monday 16th November and staying at the Gulf Paradise which looks ok.

Match tickets were only £20 but I hear this is the first time they have charged to watch football there as its normally free!

Comment

Not subscribed yet Yousef but last night I was really wishing that I had! :-)
                          At least you live in Dubai and missed it. I came to Dubai on holiday last Saturday morning, missed the Preston game, Reading game, and landed back home at 7.30 last night and missed the ****** Derby game too !

12 goals in three games and I missed all of them :very_sad:

In fact, I think that if we want our unbelievable string of performances to continue, ( which i'm sure we do ) you should all have a whip round and send me back out there pronto. I figured if I stay there til may, we may just make the premier league !

Where abouts do you boys who are there permenantly live ?
                          Fags n weed, glue n speed, but I draws the line at crack !

Comment

I live in Dubai Marina......very close to the Yacht Club and Marina Mall.

Comment

I live in Dubai Marina......very close to the Yacht Club and Marina Mall.
                              Very nice Tarbie. I was there 3/4 years ago when a lot of the marina was first going up. It's changed so much. My mate lives on the Green Community, just about to open a jewellery/watch/handbag shop in the small mall there near Costa. He can get all sorts of watches fairly cheap compared to retail price so if you know anyone that wants anything give me a shout. He had an Indian bloke at his place the other day trying to sell over half a million quids worth of watches to him. Geezer is beyond minted, he owns one of those Ferraris that they keep in Italy and wont let you drive except on a track. He is however fat and ugly, so thats something !

Traffic was a nightmare too compared to last time. Fantastic place to be though, especially if you have few quid.
                              Fags n weed, glue n speed, but I draws the line at crack !

Comment

Working...
                              X