No announcement yet.

crystal palace and brighton watching the game yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£5 mil for Eze? I would tell them to sod off and only come back if they stick a 1 in front of the 5.

Madness if we sold Smyth, Eze, manning or furlong.

Would be fine if we sold Freeman & Smithies to appease FFP but would be furious if we sold off our youth prospects!

Comment

Well, they said (the media) the same things about Ryan Manning last season after the introductory first games for the R's. It was supposed that Premier clubs where queuing up for his signature. Was it his agent doing his business? Are we experiencing the same scenario?

Comment

One way or another we will find out how flush or skint as a club we are. Realistically we should keep hold of our best players and bring home grown through to supplement squad and challenge and save big transfer outlay. So being us all cream will go and Jamie Mackie will play all 11 positions
        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
          £5 mil for Eze? I would tell them to sod off and only come back if they stick a 1 in front of the 5.

Madness if we sold Smyth, Eze, manning or furlong.

Would be fine if we sold Freeman & Smithies to appease FFP but would be furious if we sold off our youth prospects!
          Where did you get that number from? I haven't seen anything that suggests a figure for Eze, or anything that suggests that any offer is genuinely forthcoming.

I agree that we shouldn't be selling the likes of Smyth or Eze. If we need to sell somebody, let's sell a player that is later in their career. Apart from anything else, these younger players command lower salaries, so we are winning twice when it comes to satisfying FFP.
          Last edited by Tarbie; 03-04-2018, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
            Well, they said (the media) the same things about Ryan Manning last season after the introductory first games for the R's. It was supposed that Premier clubs where queuing up for his signature. Was it his agent doing his business? Are we experiencing the same scenario?
            I'm sure that was Manning's agent.

It wouldn't surprise me if this talk of scouts watching Eze is down to his agent too. That's how the game works these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              Where did you get that number from? I haven't sen anything that suggests a figure for Eze, or anything that suggests that any offer is genuinely forthcoming.

I agree that we shouldn't be selling the likes of Smyth or Eze. If we need to sell somebody, let's sell a player that is later in their career. Apart from anything else, these younger players command lower salaries, so we are winning twice when it comes to satisfying FFP.
              https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/th...ely-5-million/

Comment

Poor eze
                Ollie as er manager now and dull woy to look forward to.I'd retire and fill big Mac boxes
                Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Nothing there but pure speculation mate!

Comment

Where did you get that number from? I haven't seen anything that suggests a figure for Eze, or anything that suggests that any offer is genuinely forthcoming.

Croydon advertiser also running with the story. No mention of a fee though
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                      Croydon advertiser also running with the story. No mention of a fee though
                      Must be true then!

Comment

I'm sure that was Manning's agent.

It wouldn't surprise me if this talk of scouts watching Eze is down to his agent too. That's how the game works these days.
                        The scouts were there mate, there is a photo of freedman place scout doing the rounds.
                        It's not all talk
                        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Nothing there but pure speculation mate!
                          Agreed but that where that £5 mil tag came from.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                            The scouts were there mate, there is a photo of freedman place scout doing the rounds.
                            It's not all talk
                            Just found the article.

https://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/...en-qpr-1411177

All this confirms is that Dougie Freedman was at the game. Yes, he works for Palace, but he was also a QPR youth player. Not that uncommon for ex-players to be invited to watch a game. And even if he was there to watch a player, it could have been any player on either side.

Comment

Just found the article.

https://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/...en-qpr-1411177

All this confirms is that Dougie Freedman was at the game. Yes, he works for Palace, but he was also a QPR youth player. Not that uncommon for ex-players to be invited to watch a game. And even if he was there to watch a player, it could have been any player on either side.
                              Hehehe sounds like they want to buy the whole team.

Mannng, Eze, Luongo, Smithies, Freeman and Smyth according to the article.

Comment

What we have seen last 18 months is we aren't spending much but we aren't selling either. Realistically what I'd like to see in summer is us working hard to keep players unless we get stupid offers in and bringing in a limited number of clever signings, examples being Freeman and Smith.

We can balance books a bit by selling or letting go a few that haven't worked, the obvious one being Conor despite his best efforts.

What will be key in my view is our finishing the season in good form to give players the confidence that QPR will be a good place to be next season. Might make them think twice unless they have opportunity to move significantly up food chain.

Comment

Working...
                                X