No announcement yet.

Reading FC fans comments on last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My God, some of you have it bad. Smith is not the messiah and would we have had that much possession with him on the pitch - not a chance. Don't talk turd about disrespecting the fans, where have those extra 2,000 been all season? You witnessed so much better than we have watched all season. He picked a team he though best for this game. Proper finishing and we would have won at a cruise. So please stop with the boring agenda - we murdered them other than the goal scorer (that we simply don't possess) so bore off
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
      ....and totally disrespectful to the 3,000 of us who stood in the p.issing rain last night. The bloke is a moron - gets a winning formation and then just cannot help himself, he has to f.ucking tinker. He simply has to go in the summer. Enough.
      Agree. Same old, same old - and he'll do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
        My God, some of you have it bad. Smith is not the messiah and would we have had that much possession with him on the pitch - not a chance. Don't talk turd about disrespecting the fans, where have those extra 2,000 been all season? You witnessed so much better than we have watched all season. He picked a team he though best for this game. Proper finishing and we would have won at a cruise. So please stop with the boring agenda - we murdered them other than the goal scorer (that we simply don't possess) so bore off
        We'll Washington was unlikely to get a goal

Comment

Reading got the bit of luck they needed and kept us scoreless, in doing so moved them out of immediate danger and closed our gap on them. Birmingham winning as well keeps us "not completely out of trouble yet",but victory against Norwich at home would put that right

Comment

We witnessed much better at Villa. I missed Fulham but understand we did better there too and either performance would have taken care of Reading. If he picked a team he thought would be best for this game that shows how poor he is. If you want proper finishing you don't pick Washington who has had more than enough chances to show he isn't much good. As for not having a designated penalty taker that's amateur hour. Smyth is better with Smith.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                We witnessed much better at Villa. I missed Fulham but understand we did better there too and either performance would have taken care of Reading. If he picked a team he thought would be best for this game that shows how poor he is. If you want proper finishing you don't pick Washington who has had more than enough chances to show he isn't much good. As for not having a designated penalty taker that's amateur hour. Smyth is better with Smith.
                The performance wasn't a million miles away from Villa or Fulham actually. As for penalty takers, how s that the manager's fault? And whilst I agree on Washington, we DO NOT have a prolific goal scorer. Slating the manager for that outcome is just shooting fish in a barrel in my view and as I said previously, it gets kind of boring and predictable
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Theres no excuse for starting Washington ,he just hasn`y made the grade and we have better young players coming through ,no agenda from me.
                  Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Blue can see little bit of what your saying but selecting Washington was nonsensical!!!! The guy has proven over and over again he’s not good enough so If there is one area you leave alone it’s up top, if he felt he really had to not play big Smith the give Sylla first 45mins.

It’s stipid selections like this thst get people’s backs up which result in them saying he don’t know what he’s doing. My guess is Ollie wants to be the one to say look I got Washington firing I persevered with him when you all gave up!!! It’s him being stubborn,as we have seen all so often, trying to prove he’s right, knows best and everyone else is wrong

We probably would not have had possession we did with big Smith but what good did it do us we lost!!!! Stats are just things to hide behind and unless we win pretty pointless mate. There is one stat that counts and it’s goals scored but selecting Washington unfortunately reduces that happening

That was not good performance as we rarely actually truly threatened or looked like scoring, it was someway off villa and Fulham second half by some considerable distance

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Blue can see little bit of what your saying but selecting Washington was nonsensical!!!! The guy has proven over and over again he’s not good enough so If there is one area you leave alone it’s up top, if he felt he really had to not play big Smith the give Sylla first 45mins.

It’s stipid selections like this thst get people’s backs up which result in them saying he don’t know what he’s doing. My guess is Ollie wants to be the one to say look I got Washington firing I persevered with him when you all gave up!!! It’s him being stubborn,as we have seen all so often, trying to prove he’s right, knows best and everyone else is wrong

We probably would not have had possession we did with big Smith but what good did it do us we lost!!!! Stats are just things to hide behind and unless we win pretty pointless mate. There is one stat that counts and it’s goals scored but selecting Washington unfortunately reduces that happening

That was not good performance as we rarely actually truly threatened or looked like scoring, it was someway off villa and Fulham second half by some considerable distance
                      Mate, I'm actually only annoyed about 2 things from Friday night. 1 is Washington starting the game, the other is fact that we clearly haven't got a plan when it comes to taking penalties.

Ollie knows better than us who is fit to play 2 games in 4 days. Personally I'd have kept a winning team together, but if Ollie felt that Mas, Eze and Smith all needed to sit this one out then fair enough. But we really have to stop picking Washington. Aside from Burton away, I can't remember the last time he's played well.

What happened to Oteh? Guy looked lively and scored in that Burton game too, haven't seen the kid since. And where is BOS too? Also looked lively when he's played, but again no sign. If Ollie wants to rotate the squad then we need to be looking at these players.

As for the penalty and Bidwell stepping up, amateur hour all of that. The whole squad should know who the penalty takers are, and in what order they take them. Ok, so Smyth and Washington were both off the pitch, but surely there should have been at least 2 or 3 players on the pitch higher up the pecking order than Bidwell. For us not to have a plan for this type of thing is unforgivable, and it's lucky there wasn't more at stake than a point when we are already safe.

This is what infuriates me about Holloway. We're going through a period where he is getting more right than he gets wrong, which has been a real breath of fresh air, but then he has to spoil it with daft decisions. If he could just consistently get the basics right, he'd get a hell of a lot less stick from the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        Mate, I'm actually only annoyed about 2 things from Friday night. 1 is Washington starting the game, the other is fact that we clearly haven't got a plan when it comes to taking penalties.

Ollie knows better than us who is fit to play 2 games in 4 days. Personally I'd have kept a winning team together, but if Ollie felt that Mas, Eze and Smith all needed to sit this one out then fair enough. But we really have to stop picking Washington. Aside from Burton away, I can't remember the last time he's played well.

What happened to Oteh? Guy looked lively and scored in that Burton game too, haven't seen the kid since. And where is BOS too? Also looked lively when he's played, but again no sign. If Ollie wants to rotate the squad then we need to be looking at these players.

As for the penalty and Bidwell stepping up, amateur hour all of that. The whole squad should know who the penalty takers are, and in what order they take them. Ok, so Smyth and Washington were both off the pitch, but surely there should have been at least 2 or 3 players on the pitch higher up the pecking order than Bidwell. For us not to have a plan for this type of thing is unforgivable, and it's lucky there wasn't more at stake than a point when we are already safe.

This is what infuriates me about Holloway. We're going through a period where he is getting more right than he gets wrong, which has been a real breath of fresh air, but then he has to spoil it with daft decisions. If he could just consistently get the basics right, he'd get a hell of a lot less stick from the fans.
                        This. And Blue asks what has the penalty taker got to do with Holloway? How can a manager not know who his penalty taker is? Most managers have a benny when the players change it because they will have had the chosen ones practising in training - so presumably that's something else we don't do.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                          This. And Blue asks what has the penalty taker got to do with Holloway? How can a manager not know who his penalty taker is? Most managers have a benny when the players change it because they will have had the chosen ones practising in training - so presumably that's something else we don't do.
                          No excuse for not getting something as basic as this right Alan. And Holloway is an idiot for trying to deflect blame onto the players for the decision after the match. He's the manager, it's his job to ensure the players are organised when it comes to set pieces.

Comment

Bircham has come out in fairness and said Washington was named penalty taker

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              Bircham has come out in fairness and said Washington was named penalty taker
                              Ok, so who's 2nd and 3rd choice penalty takers? Or have our management team been outwitted by a substitution that they themselves made?!! Ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                                Ok, so who's 2nd and 3rd choice penalty takers? Or have our management team been outwitted by a substitution that they themselves made?!! Ha ha
                                Now that’s the point and think why he’s took pop at attacking players as he would expected one of them to step up

Comment

Working...
                                X