Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southgate sacked?!

Strange one?

has he ?? I thought they would if they lost tonight, but they won.
    @chrisrobson9

Comment

nothing on bbc regarding this

whats your source

Comment

Blimey. Cd just about understand it if it had been at the end of the season but they've been bubbling along quite well. Can't see that improving the team unless theyve got someone v hot lined up.

Comment

Thats what its saying as breaking new on bbc sport homepage. Really dont understand that decision :confused:

Comment

yeah?!!

the statement reads

MIDDLESBROUGH FC have tonight announced that manager Gareth Southgate has been relieved of his position with immediate effect.

Football consultant Alan Smith will also be leaving the club as part of the change.

Who is smith?? were they caught bumming in gibsons office or something???
            Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

http://www.mfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/...832420,00.html

He gooooone

Comment

and Boro won tonight as well??

bizarre

Comment

Well we went fifth in the premier league, winning 2-1 at home to liverpool and i was getting completely bladdered in a pub in world's end when gerry francis was effectively ousted. strange game and all that.

Comment

I could understand if they were struggling but 4th in the league and only 1 point off the top.......something must of gone on behind the scenes.

Comment

Strange.

Especially when Gibson backed him all last season when they were certs for relegation.If they were struggling this season then fair enough,but they are not.

Wonder who will come in?.

Sven?.

Comment

Gibson has commented:

"I appointed Gareth in a situation that was greatly unfavourable to him.

"He is a good man and has all the qualities and integrity that we wanted in a manager.

"However, the time is right for change and that change has had to be made.

"Gareth will always be welcome at our football club. English football needs people of his stature and we feel certain that this experience will serve him well.

"Gareth deserves another opportunity once he has had the chance to rest and refresh himself."

Something doesnt add up at all.

Comment

Might put my money on Sven for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
                            Might put my money on Sven for this one.
                            im thinking curbishley

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
                              im thinking curbishley
                              Think it would take a big name to influence Gibson as he is pretty loyal to his manager's.That's what makes me think of Sven.

Comment

Working...
                              X