Clint Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    Olly. He will not get turned as many times as Lynch does and I would have him as back up and someone like him can only be good for Robinson, Bidwell and Furlong. Great to see him back at the club.
    Agree with above

someone dependable ready to step in when called a role which he would probably admits suits him down to the ground if asked given his age

Comment

Age is just a number, if he's good enough he's young enough

Comment

Can't believe we wouldn't want him playing for QPR as a back up, experience is everything and he has that ! The man gives 110% and does not and never has played based on pace. I believe he has a year left in him as a player coach /Mentor and just having him around the changing room will be a massive boost.

Comment

Originally posted by Fozzieboy View Post
          Can't believe we wouldn't want him playing for QPR as a back up, experience is everything and he has that ! The man gives 110% and does not and never has played based on pace. I believe he has a year left in him as a player coach /Mentor and just having him around the changing room will be a massive boost.
          Exactly. Has much more about him than our Assistant Manager and our Defensive Coach as well. Give him a year as a Player/Coach and see how things pan out!

Comment

whilst i agree that he never had pace in the first place and did very well without it...

Playing left sided CB in a back 3 - with Bidwell or Robinson to the left of him further up (who both arent blessed with pace either) would think we will be quite vulnerable there.

Anyway, would love to have him back as back up at the very most. At least he'll get a proper good bye at the end of the season. If he went in to a coaching role on the other hand, I would be over the moon. The man saved our bacon at Wigan and Derby play offs, he knows what he's doing.
            My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
              If he has his coaching badges then could be great to have around but realistically he was slow at 33. Coming up to 39 if we have to rely on him playing wise we will be in trouble.
              And was still one of our better defenders between the ages of 34-37!

Comment

Get him coaching and as a last resort maybe come in as a sub when we are comfortable in a game.

Good to have a proper warrior in the ranks though. Need that when times get tough.

Comment

Is a 39 year old Hill still better than Caulker ?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                    Yes.
                    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                    Work Best When Open...
                    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                      Probably and Caulker does obviously need a mentor!
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Whilst wearing a straight jacket. With his legs in iron.

Comment

I'm better than that gear head

Comment

Yep.

Coincidentally, a 3 year old or a 9 year old would also be better than Caulker

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                              Probably and Caulker does obviously need a mentor!
                              I can imagine the form of gentle, sympathetic counselling that would take! An opposing winger would get off lighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Undecided View Post
                                I can imagine the form of gentle, sympathetic counselling that would take! An opposing winger would get off lighter.
                                Not so sure. I`m sure Clint Hill is wise man on and off the pitch.
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X