Clint Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    Seems I am due to send you the cost of your cup ticket + booking fee and a pint mate. Good news to start the week
    https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

I'd still have him as a back up CB

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
        Seems I am due to send you the cost of your cup ticket + booking fee and a pint mate. Good news to start the week
        Lol. No need for that, DK. Good news is enough. Who would have thought it? Jimmy's malign influence is being excised in every way.

Comment

Great bloke but he is 39 in October with no coaching qualifications. We are trying to save money but people want to create another backroom position.
          If he wants to play on do as players used to before they had loads of money and drop down a couple of divisions.

Comment

via GIPHY

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
              Great bloke but he is 39 in October with no coaching qualifications. We are trying to save money but people want to create another backroom position.
              If he wants to play on do as players used to before they had loads of money and drop down a couple of divisions.
              If there's one thing you can't do, it's count Clint Hill out. Not one person expected the guy to play in the Premier League, much less win POTY two seasons running. The guy would still make good backup for us right now for this season imo.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

To be fair clints looked after himself and is more than capable as back up centre half at this level. There are plenty of examples of players at that age who continued to perform at a high level. Wouldn't command a massive wage, brings experience and back up in a position we're short in, loves the club and is a natural leader. It really would be a no brainier for me

Comment

I can assure you that is incorrect. He has at least a UEFA B licence and by now may even have his Pro licence or at worst, is part way towards obtaining it
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Hylla and Sylla it could be thrylla..

Comment

Proper legend!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                        If there's one thing you can't do, it's count Clint Hill out. Not one person expected the guy to play in the Premier League, much less win POTY two seasons running. The guy would still make good backup for us right now for this season imo.

Exactly how many managers wrote him off only to be proven wrong? I'm sure there is room for him at the club somewhere, not saying we should give jobs to all our ex players, but I can't think of anyone else who has played for the club in the last 15 years other than Clint I would find room for, especially with Derry now a manager.

Comment

Clint Hill, we just like watching Clint Hill

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                            Exactly how many managers wrote him off only to be proven wrong? I'm sure there is room for him at the club somewhere, not saying we should give jobs to all our ex players, but I can't think of anyone else who has played for the club in the last 15 years other than Clint I would find room for, especially with Derry now a manager.
                            this. backup cb and coach at the club. itd be brilliant to have him back at the club

Comment

You know what's going to happen though?

He'll be brought in as back up...someone will get injured and incomes Hill...then they won't be able to get him out of the starting line up because he was so good! That's me being optimistic and Hill's track record of proving people wrong

However, we should not have let it get to the stage where we are (possibly) signing a 37 year old on a free.
                              My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Please let it happen!

He did a tidy job at Glas Rangers last year, so why not here? Regarding coaching badges, I thought he was out injured for a spell a couple of years ago, but still kept coming in to see how the non-playing side of the club worked, and I thought then he was doing his badges then.

What's the eligibility requirements for some one to play in the U23s, can he be a "Trialist"?

Comment

Working...
                                X