No announcement yet.

Uncle tweets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kind of disagree, he in my opinion shouldnt be coming out with that defeatist attitude, thats the wrong mentality to have if you want to build a winning mentality!
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
      Going up and getting nil points is definitely better than staying down!
      Financially yeah but imagine having a season ticket that year or travelling away for games

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
        I really fail to see the arguement of what's the point of going up and coming back down , how on earth can anybody argue against a pay packet of over a 100m , I would be ecstatic to yoyo for the next 5 years or so and earn prem payments parachutes but obviously some can't or won't see that as better staying in the championship and building for the future without any gaurenee that it will ever happen

Fark you Hitsy I needn't have bothered writing this

Agree daftest thing to come out with tbh! like we have lost all ambition!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
          Agree daftest thing to come out with tbh! like we have lost all ambition!
          Hold on...what has he said? Is anyone actually reading his tweet? "No point going up and coming down again" - That's not defeatist! It just means he wants to be prepared to stay up long term.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
            Hold on...what has he said? Is anyone actually reading his tweet? "No point going up and coming down again" - That's not defeatist! It just means he wants to be prepared to stay up long term.
            Chill brian im all for our owners, but i just dont think he should be coming out with stuff like that, almost sending a message we`re not really bothered about going up! not the right message to be putting out there 5 games in in my opinion.

Comment

People will see it how they want to see it Brian. As I said earlier I feel whatever he says will get ridiculed. If he says we're going for it people will slate him for being a fantasist and it being a pipe dream. If he says we want to be a sustainable stable club(which lets face it is what the majority have been crying out for) then he's being unambiitious. I think his stock is seriously damaged after years of over promising and under achieving. The club is where it is now, trying desperately to run itself correctly(in my opinion) but that makes us at present a bit limited. We're not half as bad as some suggest and as this league has shown numerous times it's teams that get promoted and do well. Throwing money at it doesn't guarantee anything. We've always been a bit of a stepping stone club, one that is well liked that bloodies the noses of the big boys on occasion. I actually enjoy going to loftus road again under Holloway. It isn't always pretty but it feels like we're going the right way, slow and steady wins the race

Comment

this. i dont get whats so bad with what hes said, steady the ship first and build foundations for the future of the club, if we tried proper gunning for promotion this season we'd be right up against it as theres at least 8 teams who 'should' go up this season.
                all tony is saying is we have to stick to our plan, hes tried different plans his entire tenure so far and none of it has worked, so far this plan of signing cheap players is working. hall, freeman, scowen and smith were all signed for under a million each and because of good scouting, let the scouts do their job and find us some players and we'll spend money then, we apparently bid on that swedish guy so its clear that we do have money to spend

Comment

Thing is he didnt need to say anything though, it doesnt bother me but others will jump on it, the clubs doing the right things now so no need to come out with anything

Comment

Financially yeah but imagine having a season ticket that year or travelling away for games
                    That would be more than made up for the joy of going up the season before. Footballs all about moments for me.

Comment

I kind of disagree, he in my opinion shouldnt be coming out with that defeatist attitude, thats the wrong mentality to have if you want to build a winning mentality!
                      Exactly gives everyone invoived negative vibes

Comment

Thing is he didnt need to say anything though, it doesnt bother me but others will jump on it, the clubs doing the right things now so no need to come out with anything
                        Agree pinkie

Comment

Chill brian im all for our owners, but i just dont think he should be coming out with stuff like that, almost sending a message we`re not really bothered about going up! not the right message to be putting out there 5 games in in my opinion.
                          Fair enough Pinkie...just not the way the tweet reads to me at all.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                            That would be more than made up for the joy of going up the season before. Footballs all about moments for me.
                            Not for me James. I thought bar the end to the season we stayed up in the premier league that the rest of the recent prem years were total ####. At least we win a few games in the championship. I know financially its good etc...but (off topic a bit)Ox Chamb supposedly turns down 180k a week....Burnley spend 15 mil on that Leeds striker...pure madness.

Comment

I do agree with that but the bloke doesn't seem able to not post post on impulse. He leaves himself open to it but I believe his intentions are good and generally wants to right the wrongs. If I was him I'd come off social media all together in relation to qpr because there are some proper weapons on there who claim affiliation to rangers. He seems to react in the heat of the moment which is why he receives so much criticism but we're generally talking about armchairs who don't attend matches. If they did they would see that there is some form of progression imho

Comment

cant argue with that! he does need to keep his mouth shut! people do jump on him too quick though

Comment

Working...
                                X