Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Luongo impressive

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • nasser95
    Gold Seat
    • Dec 2012
    • 7216

    #16
    Just to point out people saying he's given more freedom because he doesn't have as much defensive responsibility, he's still made more tackles, more interceptions and more clearances than Scowen and Freeman, just that now he's added even more to it. The guy is pure gold and would fit into most prem teams outside the top 6 once he starts getting goals regularly.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

    Comment

    • Rangers77
      Platinum Seat
      • Aug 2012
      • 11808

      #17
      He's better than Pogba. Apparently.....

      Comment

      • Shepherds Mush
        Platinum Seat
        • Nov 2012
        • 10325

        #18
        Originally posted by nasser95
        Just to point out people saying he's given more freedom because he doesn't have as much defensive responsibility, he's still made more tackles, more interceptions and more clearances than Scowen and Freeman, just that now he's added even more to it.
        All midfielders have a defensive responsibility, I'm just saying that Luongo has a proper CDM alongside him now that takes a lot of weight off his shoulders therefore allowing him to go forward more knowing he is covered by someone who can actually break up attacks.

        Comment

        • LoftusRoadLad
          W12 Seat
          • Jan 2011
          • 19610

          #19
          Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the walls have ears or eyes. The money clubs are watching !!

          Comment

          • Tarbie
            Gold Seat
            • Mar 2009
            • 8542

            #20
            Originally posted by Shepherds Mush
            All midfielders have a defensive responsibility, I'm just saying that Luongo has a proper CDM alongside him now that takes a lot of weight off his shoulders therefore allowing him to go forward more knowing he is covered by someone who can actually break up attacks.
            This......with bells on!

            Comment

            • Hitman34
              Platinum Seat
              • Jan 2012
              • 13959

              #21
              Originally posted by Rangers77
              He's better than Pogba. Apparently.....
              #ourinesta
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

              Comment

              • Tarbie
                Gold Seat
                • Mar 2009
                • 8542

                #22
                Originally posted by nasser95
                Just to point out people saying he's given more freedom because he doesn't have as much defensive responsibility, he's still made more tackles, more interceptions and more clearances than Scowen and Freeman, just that now he's added even more to it. The guy is pure gold and would fit into most prem teams outside the top 6 once he starts getting goals regularly.
                Do you honestly believe that?

                I like the guy, but to suggest that he's close to being able to play for a top 10 Premiership side is a bit far fetched for me Nas!

                Comment

                • Shepherds Mush
                  Platinum Seat
                  • Nov 2012
                  • 10325

                  #23
                  Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad
                  Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the walls have ears or eyes. The money clubs are watching !!
                  Just watch the £2m offers flood in now !

                  Comment

                  • West Acton
                    CCG
                    • Dec 2009
                    • 21475

                    #24
                    He will never be a goal scorer from midfield he don't have that in his locker. He's good at what he does goal scoring midfielder he's not

                    Comment

                    • LoftusRoadLad
                      W12 Seat
                      • Jan 2011
                      • 19610

                      #25
                      Originally posted by Shepherds Mush
                      Just watch the £2m offers flood in now !
                      Only 2 ? now that would be typical QPR !

                      Comment

                      • Shepherds Mush
                        Platinum Seat
                        • Nov 2012
                        • 10325

                        #26
                        Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad
                        Only 2 ? now that would be typical QPR !
                        Exactly!

                        Comment

                        • nasser95
                          Gold Seat
                          • Dec 2012
                          • 7216

                          #27
                          Originally posted by Tarbie
                          Do you honestly believe that?

                          I like the guy, but to suggest that he's close to being able to play for a top 10 Premiership side is a bit far fetched for me Nas!
                          Have you seen some of the midfielders in that top ten?
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

                          Comment

                          • Tarbie
                            Gold Seat
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 8542

                            #28
                            Originally posted by nasser95
                            Have you seen some of the midfielders in that top ten?
                            Well yeah, I watch a lot of Premiership football mate. I don't see Luongo walking into any side troubling the top half of the Prem.

                            Do you have particular players in mind that you feel he's better than in the top 10?

                            Comment

                            • acricketer
                              Platinum Seat
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 12068

                              #29
                              Luongo is looking more impressive the more he doesn't play!

                              Comment

                              • nasser95
                                Gold Seat
                                • Dec 2012
                                • 7216

                                #30
                                Originally posted by Tarbie
                                Well yeah, I watch a lot of Premiership football mate. I don't see Luongo walking into any side troubling the top half of the Prem.

                                Do you have particular players in mind that you feel he's better than in the top 10?
                                West Brom and Bournemouth immediately pop into mind from last season's top ten as teams where he could just drop in and be an immediate first team player.
                                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

                                Comment

                                Working...