Future England Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future England Players

In light of recent comments made by John Salako regarding Wayne Routledge being good enough to play for England, does anybody reckon any of our current crop of young English players will be good enough to go on to play for England?

Obviously in recent years we have had very few players come through the ranks to play at the highest level, Peter Crouch being the only one that really springs to mind.

Do we reckon the likes of Wayne Routledge, Jay Simpson, Ben Watson, Matthew Connolly or even Hogan Ephraim or Tom Heaton will be good enough to wear the 3 lions one day?

Well,Routledge has played for England at pretty much every level up to 21's....so not beyond the realms of possibility.

Comment

There's not a glut of good English keepers, so who knows about Heaton in a couple of years' time?
      We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

How will Heaton get his chance when a superfit and pro in Cerny just keeps doing no wrong? He has another season for me, he has been probably the best free signing ever.
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

A 4-0 win at home to Preston and people think we have future England players

Only Watson and possibly Routledge could cut it in the Prem let alone playing for England
          We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            How will Heaton get his chance when a superfit and pro in Cerny just keeps doing no wrong? He has another season for me, he has been probably the best free signing ever.
            Agreed. That's why I said 'in a couple of year's time'
            We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

Rangers W12......read the post again. Does it say anywhere on there that I think we have future England players? I was simply asking the question following John Salako's recent comments about Routledge being good enough for England.

Sheesh.....sometimes I think some people just come on here to pick a fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                Rangers W12......read the post again. Does it say anywhere on there that I think we have future England players? I was simply asking the question following John Salako's recent comments about Routledge being good enough for England.

Sheesh.....sometimes I think some people just come on here to pick a fight!
                then the answer to your question is no
                We Are The People.....

Comment

Working...
                X