Grenfell Tower Fire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    Am good mates with one of the firemen. I texted him to ask how he was and to send moral support. He replied with the following:

"Am fine thanks. Spent most of Weds there and at hospital with our injured but somehow all of us are not too badly hurt. Some truly terrible things went on but our crews were fūcking incredible!!"
    Tell your mate, from a resident of the community, that he and every single one of the fire fighters, paramedics, police, and anyone else helping with the effort, that they are utter heroes, and that the entire community has nothing but respect and admiration for all of them. Wonderful people.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
      Tell your mate, from a resident of the community, that he and every single one of the fire fighters, paramedics, police, and anyone else helping with the effort, that they are utter heroes, and that the entire community has nothing but respect and admiration for all of them. Wonderful people.
      Thanks Ginge, will do and I'm sure it'll be appreciated. Glad your daughter is fine too.

Comment

Thanks Ginge, will do and I'm sure it'll be appreciated. Glad your daughter is fine too.
        Thanks Stan. I feel terrible for the families affected, a few of who I know, whose kids go to the same school as Steph. It's heartbreaking.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

The same cannot be said of the Prime Minister.

Comment

Been a while since I posted but reading some of the lovely comments on here I thought I would contribute a few words. Grenfell was a place we played in and around as a kid growing up-I lived 10 minutes up the road on the golborne. I know(so far) of three people who haven't been seen since the night(go back 25 yrs I would have known a hell of a lot more) and I'm sure I will find out about more. Pals of mine emptied vans of tools that morning after watching everything unfold in front of their eyes to drive supplies around and are still doing it. Local girls I know worked for 20 hrs or more in different centres feeding/clothing folk who survived. A top pal who lives just up the road was one of the fireman who entered the building in the early hours of the morning. The spirit of the people I hope in reflection will be the one and one thing that people can be proud of. It's fair to say this has devastated so many. God bless those that perished and I hope those looking for family and friends find closure soon. ###
            PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
              The same cannot be said of the Prime Minister.
              Don't even get me started on her Stan mate.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                Glad to hear your daughter is fine Ginge. Was there any news of the little lad from the reception class?

Absolutely horrific event and to hear that parents were having to drop their children from such heights is just devastating. I just pray that most of the residents got out and didn't take the advice of staying on their flats.
                I'm saddened to let you know that I've been told the little boy from reception has passed away. Poor kid. And that poor family :(
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Alex sends through his sincere thanks for your message Ginge.

Comment

Looks like the LFB have their first proper leader for years in the form of Dany Cotton.
                    The previous leader and others before him would have probably refused to commit firefighters into that building, for fear of being blamed for any deaths or injuries sustained by firefighters.
                    She was willing to put her neck on the line and make that call, enabling crews to save many lives, even though it was against regulations.
                    Fair play that woman.
                    “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                    Will Danaher

Comment

Every single one of the emergency services who attended that disaster deserves the freedom of the city
                      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Brilliant, thank you Stan.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I visited yestetday laid flowers and paid my respects. Tv does not do the scene justice it's only when you see the building with your own eyes and see the missing pictures that you can really take on board what has happened. I'm not an emotional person but seeing a burnt out tower with a back drop of a beautiful blue sky in summer but knowing the anguish people went through in there brought lump to my throat

We have some nasty QPR fans on twitter showing no respect and trying to use it for political gain S CUM

Comment

So, for just an extra 5k out of the £8.6 million Grenfell refurbishment, they could have had fireproof cladding for the building, but they rejected it to put savings before safety....and the cheap version that WAS used is BANNED in America. Repeated calls by fire services and coroners for retrofitting sprinklers to high-rises were ignored too. Absolutely sickening.

Comment

So, for just an extra 5k out of the £8.6 million Grenfell refurbishment, they could have had fireproof cladding for the building, but they rejected it to put savings before safety....and the cheap version that WAS used is BANNED in America. Repeated calls by fire services and coroners for retrofitting sprinklers to high-rises were ignored too. Absolutely sickening.
                              Hope everyone responsible go to jail for a very long time, but will probably end up with a stern warning and maybe a fine.
                              https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                                Hope everyone responsible go to jail for a very long time, but will probably end up with a stern warning and maybe a fine.
                                I agree DK and hope so too. I can't help feeling quite cynical about any inquest though, as I imagine those responsible will be doing all they can to shred any paper trail evidence :¬( .....the buck has to stop somewhere though.

Comment

Working...
                                X