Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
    Fernandes encouraged Hughes to spend money on expensive players
    you're completely missing the back story re Hughes' notorious agent at the time who was running the show. It's all well documented, this was the guy who Harry was referring to re Uncle having his pants pulled down.

It's a fact that the man the club turned to source talent had already been arrested in Brazil on fraud charges (which takes some doing) and was behind the notorious Tevezgate saga. And then some....

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
      you're completely missing the back story re Hughes' notorious agent at the time who was running the show. It's all well documented, this was the guy who Harry was referring to re Uncle having his pants pulled down.

It's a fact that the man the club turned to source talent had already been arrested in Brazil on fraud charges (which takes some doing) and was behind the notorious Tevezgate saga. And then some....
      So i just need to edit it to say Hughes AND his agent?
      My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

The whole club was in cahoots with bringing in big names (thus big costs) to the club.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
          The whole club was in cahoots with bringing in big names (thus big costs) to the club.
          I think we just had to invest in better players. As said here earlier we had one wonder season which got us up but we were far away from Premier league standards. Because of the ownership arrangements we couldn't do it during the preseason and had absolutely no plan how to do it. Biggest mistake we made was signing out of contract players with long and expensive contracts and signing too many last pay check players. All those knew they would never get a better contract elsewhere and did not have any hunger to develop themselves. They got lazy.

Comment

IMO Fernandes got absolutely fleeced by one thing alone.

The Premier League.

Ruining English football since 2003 when Russia bought the scum.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
              IMO Fernandes got absolutely fleeced by one thing alone.

The Premier League.

Ruining English football since 2003 when Russia bought the scum.
              Not buying that.

The bloke is a mug and he continues to bungle along.

He was the fool that signed the likes of swp,Barton,park,samba,remy.
              Also doing headers in the office with sandro before he signed.
              .he has no one to blame but himself for wasting all that money.
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                Not buying that.

Exactly. Fernandes went giddy with Marquee signings and all the media attention that the Premier League attracts. His own fault thinking he was the ringleader of the biggest circus in the World.

Comment

Getting back to Hughes or Holloway, i believed Hughes to be a very good steady appointment when we appointed him but when he was sacked, he used that slime ball Richard Keys to mock the club on Talksport suggesting the following year we would be in financial free fall following in Luton and Pompeys steps.........4 years on whilst we aren't in great shape, we certainly aren't as Keys had predicted daily on his show, "just you wait until next year, then you will see" etc etc. So would I want Hughes back now, no i wouldn't but equally I still don't think Olly was/is the correct appointment and can only see this ending in one way come October time.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                    Who knows? Ollie has actualy something to prove now.
                    problem is he has had 30 games to show us what he can do and we have mainly been poor and over last eight games been completely in free fall and that has been with a reasonable squad. Add in he completely failed in his last job and to me that shows someone who should either not be managing any more (had his day etc) or should have moved down to League 2/Conference.

He simply should not be managing at this level and is only keeping his job out of sentiment due to his history with the club and a probable reluctance by the board to sack yet another manager quickly.

Ignoring his history with the club and our recent history with managers and being objective any other club would hold up their hands, admit been a disastrous appointment, thank their lucky stars we scraped away from relegation and bring in someone else.

In my view keeping Holloway has only a small chance of working out well.

Comment

Just trying to add some context.

The point was that Kia's shenanigans were already a matter of public record. We walked in eyes wide shut. At Stoke Hughes hasn't been allowed free reign in the market, which is one reason why he's been more successful there. To put it in plain English, for a while our club was effectively being run by one of the most notorious agents out there. He wasn't doing it for our benefit......

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                        problem is he has had 30 games to show us what he can do and we have mainly been poor and over last eight games been completely in free fall and that has been with a reasonable squad. Add in he completely failed in his last job and to me that shows someone who should either not be managing any more (had his day etc) or should have moved down to League 2/Conference.

He simply should not be managing at this level and is only keeping his job out of sentiment due to his history with the club and a probable reluctance by the board to sack yet another manager quickly.

Ignoring his history with the club and our recent history with managers and being objective any other club would hold up their hands, admit been a disastrous appointment, thank their lucky stars we scraped away from relegation and bring in someone else.

In my view keeping Holloway has only a small chance of working out well.
                        If he brings in players with a football brian, I still feel we will move forward, Furtive Fox.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

You do change your tune Shania

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                            I think we just had to invest in better players. As said here earlier we had one wonder season which got us up but we were far away from Premier league standards. Because of the ownership arrangements we couldn't do it during the preseason and had absolutely no plan how to do it. Biggest mistake we made was signing out of contract players with long and expensive contracts and signing too many last pay check players. All those knew they would never get a better contract elsewhere and did not have any hunger to develop themselves. They got lazy.
                            Fact is, the clubs that have gone up and done well haven't splashed out big in their first season. They have taken the extra revenue, used it to improve infrastructure and bolster the squad only with players they could still afford if they happened to go back down.

We did the opposite. Spent huge on players, no relegation clauses and virtually no investment in anything but playing staff.

Utter idiocy looking back at it now. I think Tony just got caught up in the buzz of being centre of attention!
                            Last edited by Tarbie; 17-05-2017, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                              Fact is, the clubs that have gone up and done well haven't splashed out big in their first season. They taken the extra revenue, used it to improve infrastructure and bolster the squad only with players they could still afford if they happened to go back down.

We did the opposite. Spent huge on players, no relegation clauses and virtually no investmention in anything but playing staff.

Utter idiocy looking back at it now. I think Tony just got caught up in the buzz of being centre of attention!
                              Yep. Silly fool of a man.

Will open a bottle off fizz the day this buffoon fcks off from QPR.

Incompetent and unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                                Not buying that.

Weren't the first two on the list players that Warnock wanted? Didn't TF tell him to get the players he thought could do the business? Park was a TF signing, sure. Didn't most of us want Samba at the time? How did anyone know he'd turn out to be a dud? Besides, like with Remy, we got our money back. And Remy, I thought he was a good player. Him and Austin were definitely premier league standard. Could have been a great partnership.
                                Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Working...
                                X