Supporting Ian Holloway for next Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
    You only heard that from Holloway, who again was trying to big himself up as a rangers man to the fans.

To be honest not really bothered if you take my word for it or not, but where is the evidence he had other offers, who was he linked with? Wake up, look at his recent record, here and elsewhere only another disappointing year awaits, you will see
    He is such a Rangers man that when he was at Plymouth he was criticizing the club because Tango and Cash were spending money.

I also think that he probably didn't have any offers. You are being asked to prove he didn't , but how about others proving that he did ?

As for the OP comment about changing line ups and formation in relation to the opponents game, what about keeping a settled team and tactics I.e. as Leicester did?

Another example is Bournemouth. When they were being beaten earlier on last season did Howe change his team and tactics? No, he stuck to his guns and stayed with their normal game and that is what IH should have been doing. This way the players DO get to know their role in the team.

Lets face it, this MB is split on the Marmite man and nothing is likely to change that any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      Paul Clement, what a manager.
      They were one down and you could see him staring to the floor in total concentration on what to do next and what subs to use,
      He makes an excellent change and they,scored an equaliser and missed an absolute sitter in the last minute that should of won it.
      And the penalty was never foul.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
        They were bizarre, Smith was being very useful in defence at set pieces and corners at which there were plenty in last 20 mins. We had no one to hold the ball up, Mackie chases but doesn't hold the ball up and we had no outlet and it invited pressure on to us and had Smithies not made 3 very good saves, we would have been in trouble. The players gave their all yesterday but we sat far too deep after going 2-0 up.
        100% agreed.
        Sitting back to protect a lead often leads to conceding unless you have a solid defence (and QPR don't) . they got away with it yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
          He is such a Rangers man that when he was at Plymouth he was criticizing the club because Tango and Cash were spending money.

I also think that he probably didn't have any offers. You are being asked to prove he didn't , but how about others proving that he did ?

As for the OP comment about changing line ups and formation in relation to the opponents game, what about keeping a settled team and tactics I.e. as Leicester did?

Another example is Bournemouth. When they were being beaten earlier on last season did Howe change his team and tactics? No, he stuck to his guns and stayed with their normal game and that is what IH should have been doing. This way the players DO get to know their role in the team.

Lets face it, this MB is split on the Marmite man and nothing is likely to change that any time soon.

Lol ricks the one saying he hasnt had any offers so he wont say hes got the facts to show that! And once again we had a settledish team upto the rotherham game and as we know afterwards he cooked up bigtime thinking we was safe, so started changing/tinkering which as everyone including him now knows he shouldnt of done! But before the tinkering and we was playing some great stuff youre tinkering falls on its arris! but you wasnt posting then cos we was playing some of the best stuff we've played in ages, as will happen next season but no doubt youll be hoping for him to slip up or make a wrong decision so you can start posting again lol
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
            Why are you starting your Warnock comparison from 1st Feb? Why not choose from last 7 games or when Holloway became manager? Oh wait.....wouldn't justify your point!
            Also, when Warnock took over , Cardiff were a shambles in the bottom 3 and about 6 or 7 points behind QPR. They are now 6 points ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
              Since how can you say monks a better manager than ollie lol, whats monk won as a manager?! Just cos he looks intelligent in his suit
              Ridiculous comment. Monk kept Swansea in the Premiership when they looked down and out and again the following season. How well did Ollie do with Blackpool and Palace?

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
                Good point...Ollies track record for promotion isn't bad.
                Also folks actually use the fact that Ollie was a player and manager previously for us as a negative and worse to hit him over the head with in that he's a mate of SLF or he's an easy option. As you say Ollie's championship record regardless of his association with us isn't bad with promotions.

Instead some having a go that he's ex qpr, his knowledge of the club should be regarded as a positive attribute. Might be better managers out there than Ollie even with champions league/prem experience like Arry and Hughes but as we know what made them ineffective was their complete lack of understanding of our club. Hughes thought we were some type demonic love child of Seville and Man city while Arry just didn't know what we were (but to be fair to him what a day). The board clearly learnt lessons worked out that an odd club like ours is unique and hasn't got the infrastructure of majority of other prem/championship club and also the club of sparky and arry had become recognisable to many of us and thus the move towards SLF and progressing to Ollie.
                Instead of being on the club's back about these appointments we should support them, they were done by way of goodwill and whatever anyone says Ollie and SLF have he club's interest at heart and that's important in today's world lets not row against this. Crowd yesterday fully backed Ollie and this summer the club must unite and I reckon we will be ok.
                What about Ollie's other mediocre Championship seasons with QPR, Plymouth, Leicester Blackpool Millwall and QPR again?

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                  Lol ricks the one saying he hasnt had any offers so he wont say hes got the facts to show that! And once again we had a settledish team upto the rotherham game and as we know afterwards he cooked up bigtime thinking we was safe, so started changing/tinkering which as everyone including him now knows he shouldnt of done! But before the tinkering and we was playing some great stuff youre tinkering falls on its arris! but you wasnt posting then cos we was playing some of the best stuff we've played in ages, as will happen next season but no doubt youll be hoping for him to slip up or make a wrong decision so you can start posting again lol
                  How many times do I need to say it to you? Fickle fans post on here to praise criticize and then praise again depending on performances. I don't.

As for his settled team nonsense you talk about take a look back at the line ups during that spell in late Feb and March and you'll see that midfielders, wingers and strikers frequently changed. So the tinkering did not start after the Rotherham match, he has been doing that for most of the time he has been manager.

I don't need to hope he will slip as I am quite sure he will.

I will of course be hoping that he proves me wrong and you right, in that he is a good manager and will get QPR promoted

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                    Fair point about the Forest subs. Plus they know they needed to get something, so they clearly raised their game and went for it. We parked the bus. They stepped up, we didn't. We didn't park the bus well. But we won handily in the end. Had they nicked one, mind, we'd have fallen to pieces..... Take a look and you might think I've a point even if I've been banging on about it.

OK, I had a chance to view the match in it's entirety, I don't think the Mackie sub changed the match around, as you said there was desperation on their part and after they went all out attack they did cause some problems for us, actually their best 3 or 4 chances were caused by our own errors! Smithies had a rare error when he lost his bearings coming out for a ball and ended up having to make a great reaction save as he back peddled, there was a corner that wasn't dealt with well that they almost scored on, Perch gave a way a silly foul right on the edge of the box and the resulting FK eventually lead to a good chance and they worked the ball nicely in injury time for another chance!
                    Most of these chances we gave up were after their triple sub and Mackie coming on, Ollie eventually brought Doughty in to play in front of the back 4, he broke up some plays nicely and Mackie played up front on his own! I thought we actually ran out comfortable winners, remember they would have had to score 3 to put us under real threat the last week, we also had 2 or 3 chances of our own to really kill the match! I'm sure things seemed more nervy in the stands watching it live than id did for me watching it the next day knowing the result!
                    @gatorTFC

Comment

Doughty was impressive when he came on. Some very good tackles, wasn't afraid to get stuck in.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Ridiculous comment. Monk kept Swansea in the Premiership when they looked down and out and again the following season. How well did Ollie do with Blackpool and Palace?
                        Whats a ridiculas comment is you coming out with that, was all the swansea team/players signed by monk? i rest my case lol

Comment

What about Ollie's other mediocre Championship seasons with QPR, Plymouth, Leicester Blackpool Millwall and QPR again?
                          Mediocre with qpr, what you mean 11th/12th when he left lol

Comment

Also i cant remember as i dont follow swansea but how comes monk still not at the mighty swansea? not sure but did he just leave them to go to leeds or was he fired??

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                              [/B]

OK, I had a chance to view the match in it's entirety, I don't think the Mackie sub changed the match around, as you said there was desperation on their part and after they went all out attack they did cause some problems for us, actually their best 3 or 4 chances were caused by our own errors! Smithies had a rare error when he lost his bearings coming out for a ball and ended up having to make a great reaction save as he back peddled, there was a corner that wasn't dealt with well that they almost scored on, Perch gave a way a silly foul right on the edge of the box and the resulting FK eventually lead to a good chance and they worked the ball nicely in injury time for another chance!
                              Most of these chances we gave up were after their triple sub and Mackie coming on, Ollie eventually brought Doughty in to play in front of the back 4, he broke up some plays nicely and Mackie played up front on his own! I thought we actually ran out comfortable winners, remember they would have had to score 3 to put us under real threat the last week, we also had 2 or 3 chances of our own to really kill the match! I'm sure things seemed more nervy in the stands watching it live than id did for me watching it the next day knowing the result!
                              Certainly agree with the last point, Gator. Especially with Blackburn and Brum leading..... Still think putting Mackie up front by himself was silly. As was replacing Freeman who was playing well and posed a threat. If we wanted to tighten things up we could have put Washington on the right. But not much was happening down their right Agree about Doughty though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                                Certainly agree with the last point, Gator. Especially with Blackburn and Brum leading..... Still think putting Mackie up front by himself was silly. As was replacing Freeman who was playing well and posed a threat. If we wanted to tighten things up we could have put Washington on the right. But not much was happening down their right Agree about Doughty though.
                                No more playing players out of position. Washington is our best striker so let's play him there. We can talk about his stats then as a centre forward not winger
                                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                                X