Realistic candidates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    Mate, I'm exactly the same. The consistent inability to get the simple things right is just driving me nuts.

I used to get excited by the prospect of the 4 or 5 games a year that I'd travel home for. These days, it feels like more of an obligation than something I actually enjoy. I feel so far removed from the club and I really don't have any faith in those in charge to get us moving back in the right direction.

I've actually canned all plans to come back for any more games in 2017 in favour of going on the Lions tour in New Zealand. May actually do the same in 2019 and go to Japan for the Rugby World Cup instead of expensive flights back to the UK to watch Rangers.

Sad day when a fan of nearly 30 years is favouring watching Egg Chasers over a trip back to Loftus Road.
    Could have written that myself mate.

Literally go home from games p!ssed off and bored out my nut.Didn't renew this season, best decision I ever made.

It's meant to be enjoyment. I'm not enjoying going to QPR any more as it's a total shambles.

It's a real shame, and I can only hope we get new owners sooner rather than later to put us back on a steady road. This lot have tried and miserably failed. Sooner OOC flops and they #### off the better for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
      Could have written that myself mate.

Literally go home from games p!ssed off and bored out my nut.Didn't renew this season, best decision I ever made.

It's meant to be enjoyment. I'm not enjoying going to QPR any more as it's a total shambles.

It's a real shame, and I can only hope we get new owners sooner rather than later to put us back on a steady road. This lot have tried and miserably failed. Sooner OOC flops and they #### off the better for me.
      3rd season in a row where I have no optimism whatsoever. In fact, it's probably declined each year. CR - had no inexperience in a vital season and was in fact a punt. JFH - limited experience and boring football. IH - just completely all over the place in what he says and does. trying to be too clever with tactics and too smart in interviews and then makes excuses all the time. If I look at the managers of the other clubs in the championship next season, I think I'd swap Ollie for every single one.

Comment

• I'm giving up my ST next season purely for the reasons Jimmy has said above.

Extortionate pricing for an absolute bang average farcical club on and off the pitch - matched with not wanting to spend another expensive penny for these owners and having no enjoyment whatsoever. If on the rarest of chances we are outstanding next season I'll happily eat my hat.

Always have nothing but admiration for the hardy souls who will be turning up no matter what the standard and no matter what the price.
        Realistically though I don't know what we are anymore, we have no culture, no identity and no expectations.

Comment

• In my opinion this mess has to be les f fault
          Had he re employed warnock again we would
          Not still have all this crap... really bad decision for all im afraid

Comment

• It wont be Pearson or Warburton.

Warburton left Brentford due to them having a DOF and Pearson left Leicester whilst Hoo's was there and they never got on. I can see us going in for Ainsworth who we all know is another yes man.

Comment

• Derek McInnes from Aberdeen is our man.

Comment

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                3rd season in a row where I have no optimism whatsoever. In fact, it's probably declined each year. CR - had no inexperience in a vital season and was in fact a punt. JFH - limited experience and boring football. IH - just completely all over the place in what he says and does. trying to be too clever with tactics and too smart in interviews and then makes excuses all the time. If I look at the managers of the other clubs in the championship next season, I think I'd swap Ollie for every single one.
                Summed up brilliantly and accurately.

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                I'm giving up my ST next season purely for the reasons Jimmy has said above.

Extortionate pricing for an absolute bang average farcical club on and off the pitch - matched with not wanting to spend another expensive penny for these owners and having no enjoyment whatsoever. If on the rarest of chances we are outstanding next season I'll happily eat my hat.

Always have nothing but admiration for the hardy souls who will be turning up no matter what the standard and no matter what the price.
                Realistically though I don't know what we are anymore, we have no culture, no identity and no expectations.
                Couldn't agree more mate. Sad times. Really very sad. Totally disillusioned with QPR to be honest.

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                Derek McInnes from Aberdeen is our man.
                Failed miserably at Bristol City but agree he's done really well otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                  Summed up brilliantly and accurately.

Couldn't agree more mate. Sad times. Really very sad. Totally disillusioned with QPR to be honest.

Failed miserably at Bristol City but agree he's done really well otherwise.
                  Kept them up first season, did badly in next season. Limited budget, gives youth a chance and successful

Comment

Kept them up first season, did badly in next season. Limited budget, gives youth a chance and successful
                    As it stands, I wouldn't be opposed to it mate!

Comment

• I have been thinking a lot about this.. this is my view. Sure, I'm from abroad and do not go more often than a few times a year but I have followed QPR since around 1980 and really close the last 20 years.

I actually think IH is here to stay. Rowett said no, so did Clement. IH was the one left, he is a QPR-man and his mission is to try to create and build the "new" QPR for years to come. We have tried the other way around as most of us know, it doesn't work as a "smaller" London club with an average of 15000 in the stands!

The "new" QPR is to buy good "no name" players from lower leagues or smaller clubs, players who see QPR as a big club compared to were they played before, wants to live in London and play for THIS club. We will also try to find 17-18-19-20-year old rejects from other bigger clubs, develop them and hopefully find one out of five that will be good enough for the first team. If correctly developed one 24-25-year old will be sold for 6-7-8 million, and all of it is financed. QPR will not be buying expensive finished players who doesn't really want to play for QPR but leaves their club anyway for a bigger paycheck. As we know this always ends in misery and often gets really expensive!

I think they will try to create a family club were youngsters can see themselves have a chance to play first team football or at least get a decent carrier somewhere else further down the league system. This will make QPR attractive for youngsters around London and it could actually work, but it will take time!

I do believe that this is how they think, and therefore IH will probably be here no matter if we drop out of the Championship or not this season. In 5 or 10 years time this might be the only model that actually works for "smaller" clubs. Maybe it is also the correct path to choose, only time will tell.

In the short run and for the start of next season, just please stop moving the players around, it is not needed in the Championship!

Comment

Derek McInnes from Aberdeen is our man.
                        He'd be good or robbie neilson formerly of hearts and now mk dons. Derek is a solid manager and if people judge him on what he did at bristol then they're not seeing what hes done with aberdeen

Comment

• Originally posted by erikmata View Post
                          I have been thinking a lot about this.. this is my view. Sure, I'm from abroad and do not go more often than a few times a year but I have followed QPR since around 1980 and really close the last 20 years.

I actually think IH is here to stay. Rowett said no, so did Clement. IH was the one left, he is a QPR-man and his mission is to try to create and build the "new" QPR for years to come. We have tried the other way around as most of us know, it doesn't work as a "smaller" London club with an average of 15000 in the stands!

The "new" QPR is to buy good "no name" players from lower leagues or smaller clubs, players who see QPR as a big club compared to were they played before, wants to live in London and play for THIS club. We will also try to find 17-18-19-20-year old rejects from other bigger clubs, develop them and hopefully find one out of five that will be good enough for the first team. If correctly developed one 24-25-year old will be sold for 6-7-8 million, and all of it is financed. QPR will not be buying expensive finished players who doesn't really want to play for QPR but leaves their club anyway for a bigger paycheck. As we know this always ends in misery and often gets really expensive!

I think they will try to create a family club were youngsters can see themselves have a chance to play first team football or at least get a decent carrier somewhere else further down the league system. This will make QPR attractive for youngsters around London and it could actually work, but it will take time!

I do believe that this is how they think, and therefore IH will probably be here no matter if we drop out of the Championship or not this season. In 5 or 10 years time this might be the only model that actually works for "smaller" clubs. Maybe it is also the correct path to choose, only time will tell.

In the short run and for the start of next season, just please stop moving the players around, it is not needed in the Championship!
                          Agree with lot of what you say but unfortunately Ollie has had his day and is just a very poor manager at this level. We need a half decent one at this level and build the way you suggest.

We shouldn't need to drop down a division. We have an ok squad which with a few tweaks (as opposed to complete overhaul over two windows!) should be 6-10th next season. Only with the right manager though. With Ollie can see players wanting to leave, struggling to attract others and a relegation struggle.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                            Agree with lot of what you say but unfortunately Ollie has had his day and is just a very poor manager at this level. We need a half decent one at this level and build the way you suggest.

We shouldn't need to drop down a division. We have an ok squad which with a few tweaks (as opposed to complete overhaul over two windows!) should be 6-10th next season. Only with the right manager though. With Ollie can see players wanting to leave, struggling to attract others and a relegation struggle.
                            Rumours say Rowett was close but finallly backed out and suddenly there were not much to chose between. Ollie fits the bill and has his heart at the right place, in the end I think it was an easy choise. But I agree, he hasn't impressed much..

Comment

• If the most influental players doesn`t want Ollie he will not be here next season. like it or not.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                                If the most influental players doesn`t want Ollie he will not be here next season. like it or not.
                                Of course but that is if they don't want him. I'm not a big fan of Ollie myself but my belief is that he will stay and shift the club towards a new long term strategy. If I'm correct about this I actually think that (long term) the club is doing the right thing..

Comment

Working...
                                X