Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    Does a bit.

He'll probably score a hat trick after me slating him earlier!

We'll take that!

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
      We'll take that!
      Or maybe not!

Looked a long way from fit and a shadow of his best in my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        Or maybe not!

Looked a long way from fit and a shadow of his best in my opinion!
        Looked very disappointed coming off. Hopefully will get a couple of more chances but not looking good.

Comment

Too heavy. No pace. A passenger, sadly. Shame

Comment

Ollie said "I gave him 61 minutes live on the telly, I don't know what more he wants from me".

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
              Just saw that. Kind of makes a mockery of this thread!
              Sadly not. The proof of the pudding etc - no pun intended.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                Too heavy. No pace. A passenger, sadly. Shame
                This, I actually watched ravel more than any other player this game even when he didn't have the ball. There were a few glimmers of what he's capable of and it wasn't the worst performance he could have done but like you said, too heavy on his feet and zero pace. He looks like he's trying to play a deep lying playmaker role and passes back way too much, I wanna see that drive from him (not his BMW doughnutting in an asda car park before anyone says) and a bit of confidence. Barely a 6/10 for me and that's because I'm being biased

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                  This, I actually watched ravel more than any other player this game even when he didn't have the ball. There were a few glimmers of what he's capable of and it wasn't the worst performance he could have done but like you said, too heavy on his feet and zero pace. He looks like he's trying to play a deep lying playmaker role and passes back way too much, I wanna see that drive from him (not his BMW doughnutting in an asda car park before anyone says) and a bit of confidence. Barely a 6/10 for me and that's because I'm being biased
                  Agreed. Wasn't terrible, but ineffective. He's been here two months, so he really shouldn't be carrying that weight around his midriff. Easy to shift that training everyday. Really wanted him to do well tonight.

Comment

He ran a lot, but didn't do much offensively, except in the lead up to their first, ran forward from deep and gave it to Manning who didn't play the 1-2, but chose to pass it back instead. I think he looks more fit than he has before but he just needs to get more creative.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Very frustrating as he showed few glimpses of what he has but it's like he's holding back and playing within himself

Also playing far do deep bit like Rooney for England he's coming deep yet ball. Stay in final third get the ball there and pick your passes and we would see a different player. Not doing himself any favours

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        Very frustrating as he showed few glimpses of what he has but it's like he's holding back and playing within himself

Also playing far do deep bit like Rooney for England he's coming deep yet ball. Stay in final third get the ball there and pick your passes and we would see a different player. Not doing himself any favours
                        agree Wests, but must be under instructions from Olly. Wasted playing too deep. Looked an attacking side but we let them dictate the game
                        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                        This morning's tempest I have to cross
                        I must be guided without a stumble
                        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Blimey you lot are harsh! If he doesn't turn in a world class performance he's crap! I thought he look classy and he was under instructions to keep it simple. Given that he's hardly played a competitive game for ages, what do people expect. Plenty of promise IMO. Oh well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                            Blimey you lot are harsh! If he doesn't turn in a world class performance he's crap! I thought he look classy and he was under instructions to keep it simple. Given that he's hardly played a competitive game for ages, what do people expect. Plenty of promise IMO. Oh well.
                            Agree Hubs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                              Blimey you lot are harsh! If he doesn't turn in a world class performance he's crap! I thought he look classy and he was under instructions to keep it simple. Given that he's hardly played a competitive game for ages, what do people expect. Plenty of promise IMO. Oh well.
                              Not often I disagree with you Hubs, but I do on this one. Maybe you could put some of it down to a lack of games but to me, he just didn't look fit to play. Given he's been here since January, that's unforgivable for me. Especially seeing as he's apparently trying to make an impression and win himself a contract.

Comment

• On a few occations just before halftime Manning and others seemed to refuse to involve him. That`s was strange to see as he really wanted the ball and clearly wanted to do something creative with it..
                                On a second note, I think It` crazy to compare him with Freeman, Ravel hasn`t played competetive matches for almost a year and a half..We, the supporters have to give him time..(If olli will, is another matter)
                                Last edited by Shania; 08-04-2017, 01:56 PM.
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X