Stupid substitutions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    What was he thinking? Pawel was on fire second half. Full of running and making things happen with Freeman, Furlong and, yes, Luongo down the right. Lunacy to take him off when he was healthy. Even though we rode it out bringing a fat Ravel on at 2-1 up for ten mins was equally stupid. Dumba ss decisions. Ollie needs a slap. Especially in light of dropping Conor and Matt. Could have cost us the points. Never dangerous once Pawel went off.
    Once we took him off it killed our game, what was Ollie thinking?

Comment

Winning ain't everything, pal.
      Not sure I get this "winning ain't everything" type chat that I've seen on here a few times recently. At the end of the day, nobody remembers performances at the end of the season, they remember where you ended up in the league. I don't care if we are winning ugly, like Saturday, or destroying teams, like Brum away. Over the course of the season I'm happy to see a bit of both, as long as we are winning!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        Not sure I get this "winning ain't everything" type chat that I've seen on here a few times recently. At the end of the day, nobody remembers performances at the end of the season, they remember where you ended up in the league. I don't care if we are winning ugly, like Saturday, or destroying teams, like Brum away. Over the course of the season I'm happy to see a bit of both, as long as we are winning!
        All fair points. But it's better to destroy teams, right? Think we might have done that last night had Ollie used the bench to better effect. His unforced subs too often weaken the team. It's something that could hurt us. Hall's error didn't help, but there was no way we should have given Barnsley a sniff at 2-0. We did.

Comment

All fair points. But it's better to destroy teams, right? Think we might have done that last night had Ollie used the bench to better effect. His unforced subs too often weaken the team. It's something that could hurt us. Hall's error didn't help, but there was no way we should have given Barnsley a sniff at 2-0. We did.
          Appreciated, but I think it's safe to say that we are now in a position where going up or down is close to impossible. If this isn't a time to try out new players on the fringes of the squad then when is? Surely we want to be taking a look at players like Ravel to see if we want to make them part of our squad for next season?

In the grand scheme of things, whilst we want to win as many games in the run in as possible, if we drop 2 points in order to understand if Ravel has a future with us, is that the end of the world?

Comment

It's about squad rotation. It's about a happy camp. It's about making sure Pawel isn't burnt out for another game in under 4 days time. It's about seeing what others can do. It's about seeing how good Darnell really is without Pawel in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
              Ya I agree as well,it's all about winning,and that's 9 points out of 9,even I'm happy,so well done oilly and the team
              Preston?
              You support QPR?!?!

– Every Australian Ever

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                Appreciated, but I think it's safe to say that we are now in a position where going up or down is close to impossible. If this isn't a time to try out new players on the fringes of the squad then when is? Surely we want to be taking a look at players like Ravel to see if we want to make them part of our squad for next season?

In the grand scheme of things, whilst we want to win as many games in the run in as possible, if we drop 2 points in order to understand if Ravel has a future with us, is that the end of the world?
                Originally posted by Rich View Post
                It's about squad rotation. It's about a happy camp. It's about making sure Pawel isn't burnt out for another game in under 4 days time. It's about seeing what others can do. It's about seeing how good Darnell really is without Pawel in front of him.
                Fair points. Unlike the knee jerk 'Spit at Ollie/ we won' stuff some post. Speaking of knee jerk the thread would be better entitled silly, not stupid. But how many times have we been two up at home and motoring this season?

Comment

I honestly have no idea or logic why Pawel got taken off before Yeni, and why he was replaced by Morrison in such a tight game.

We got away with it but might not be so fortunate next time.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                    I honestly have no idea or logic why Pawel got taken off before Yeni, and why he was replaced by Morrison in such a tight game.

We got away with it but might not be so fortunate next time.
                    I've learned with Ollie that sometimes you need to deal with the lack of logic. No real logic to a lot of what he does. At the moment though, it's working and I'm well happy about it!

Comment

What was he thinking? Pawel was on fire second half. Full of running and making things happen with Freeman, Furlong and, yes, Luongo down the right. Lunacy to take him off when he was healthy. Even though we rode it out bringing a fat Ravel on at 2-1 up for ten mins was equally stupid. Dumba ss decisions. Ollie needs a slap. Especially in light of dropping Conor and Matt. Could have cost us the points. Never dangerous once Pawel went off.
                      Pavel was quality 2nd half but I have to say Holloway was spot on as he was blowing out of his Rs and we're gonna need him to run up and down 90 mins on Saturday.

Ravel needs game time but have to agree it was a risk bringing him on when Barnsley were on a bung it forward at all costs mentality.

Comment

Winning ain't everything, pal.
                        Don't really get what your getting at were winning games under ollie players playing for the badge we love and you would rather different subs come on,

if winning aint everything would you rather be in our position or Rotherham?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          Pavel was quality 2nd half but I have to say Holloway was spot on as he was blowing out of his Rs and we're gonna need him to run up and down 90 mins on Saturday.

Ravel needs game time but have to agree it was a risk bringing him on when Barnsley were on a bung it forward at all costs mentality.
                          Should of taken Yeni off instead for me mate, I felt he was basically a passenger for the whole of the second half.

Pawel's got a great engine and only played 10 minutes on Saturday vs Cardiff.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                            Pawel's got a great engine and only played 10 minutes on Saturday vs Cardiff.
                            He has but blimey after spinning 4 or 5 times in one move by the corner flag he looked like he was gonna collapse !

Comment

Yeni will almost certainly be a sub at Leeds and Pawel will almost certainly start. It makes sense to bring him off and he did look knackered. The change was going to happen on 75 but once they scored he got sat down. At that point I didn't expect Morrison to come on at all so was a bit surprised we didn't make a more defensive change. Still, another 3 points in the bag, a 90 minute run out for Yeni, Pawel got a bit of a rest, Mackie, Smith, Lynch all got a proper rest and we are another game closer to Lua Lua being fit - all those positives make the nature of that substitution something I didn't lose sleep over.
                              #standuptocancer
                              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

They were a bit baffling? especially the Morrison one? thought that Pavel was having a purple patch in the 2nd half started to really have a go at the full back Morrison looks more like he's been Eating for free at Morrison's carrying a bit of timber, really should be playing in the stiffs & U23s to get fit, but I believe some people at the club not overly impressed?

Comment

Working...
                                X