Well done Olly and the Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
    I can fully believe it and fully expected we wouldn't, also knew holloway would only getv as fraction of the transfer money to spend, £1.6 million in total after £7 million in sales but amazingly everyone is esactic on this board ,starting more "thank you les "threads and seem to have taken new optimism to a new level,I don't get it,no CB which we desperately need,no decent striker which we also desperatly needed,I'm hopefully gross and freeman will be decent signing,got cheap do no risk,matt smith everyone was saying was shite while linked ,now that he has joined the same people are saying he is great (so typical of so many members on this board),morrison if he can regain fitness could prove to be a good signing
    We must've got Wszolek for free then? Brilliant business picking up a 24year old Polish International for £0.

Comment

My god we seem to have a few inconsolable babies or miserable old codgers that still don't understand FFP.

So you are upset we didn't get another CB (despite having hall, lynch and onuoha) and a striker (despite having Conor, Sylla and smith)

Aren't happy with ravel, freeman and goss as additions in midfield with Luongo and Manning, that's forgetting about cousins, ngbakoto & pawel?

Watch a few videos from the last 40 odd years and you might realise we aren't in as bad a place as some suspect.

Bedding in high numbers of players also can have a massive detrimental effect.

Back rather than moan- anyone can be a knocker, requires a little back bone to be a supporter at times fellas.

Comment

Possibly one of the best windows I've seen us have for a very long time.

Only concern I have is not having a proper out and out defensive midfielder (in the Derry mould) but a minor grumble as I would bet plenty of those CM's can put their foot in when they need to.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          Possibly one of the best windows I've seen us have for a very long time.

Only concern I have is not having a proper out and out defensive midfielder (in the Derry mould) but a minor grumble as I would bet plenty of those CM's can put their foot in when they need to.
          I suppose he feels that role could be filled by one of - Doughty, manning, cousins or goss.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
            I suppose he feels that role could be filled by one of - Doughty, manning, cousins or goss.
            or Luongo...
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
              Although he's out of favour, Karl Henry is still here too if we need him!

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                We do need CB cover, surprised Caulker left. But there is a loan window still open? When does that shut? Plus free transfers. Hardly exciting but hey, Ravel is a 90 day loan and he's the most exciting signing of the window?
                Can no longer bring loan players in outside of the transfer window.

Ravel is on loan until the end of the season?

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                  Although he's out of favour, Karl Henry is still here too if we need him!
                  Can't see him playing for us again.
                  In fact, wouldn't be surprised to see his contract paid up and him released in the next week.

Comment

I do believe we've had a pretty good window ,, hopefully brought in some talent and tied up a few loose ends with signing of Pavel etc ,,,,
                    We are still quids in tho on the money acquired against the monies spent ,,,

I still don't quite understand why we didn't go for another striker and defender ,,, even if on loan ,,

With those additions, this window would have been perfect with pretty much all areas addressed ..

I for one am not overly confident of our strike force producing the goods,although we do now have the likes of Ravel,who will no doubt chip in

Comment

• Originally posted by Norths View Post
                      Can't see him playing for us again.
                      In fact, wouldn't be surprised to see his contract paid up and him released in the next week.
                      I reckon he'll be kept until the end of the season just as backup. Ollies said hes a model pro but not part of his plans, that doesnt mean he can't be cover for RB and CB though

Comment

• Originally posted by skranger View Post
                        I do believe we've had a pretty good window ,, hopefully brought in some talent and tied up a few loose ends with signing of Pavel etc ,,,,
                        We are still quids in tho on the money acquired against the monies spent ,,,

I still don't quite understand why we didn't go for another striker and defender ,,, even if on loan ,,

With those additions, this window would have been perfect with pretty much all areas addressed ..

I for one am not overly confident of our strike force producing the goods,although we do now have the likes of Ravel,who will no doubt chip in
                        Not sure how many strikers or defenders want to join on loan to sit on the bench. In defence whoever came in they wouldn't be ahead of hall, Lynch or Onuoha. Up top Ollie wants to play a system that utilises Conor properly (he has said how much he rates him) and would be unlikely to play a loan ahead of the players he's got.

These loans would only prove useful should we suffer injuries and suspensions and I suspect, as I have said, that many players wouldn't join to bench warm.

Comment

• Yes but we do have injuries in those areas at present

Comment

• I really hope Connor comes good but wouldn't bet my house on it

Comment

• Originally posted by skranger View Post
                              Yes but we do have injuries in those areas at present
                              We have Onuoha / lynch for CBs and Washington / smith up top. If we got injuries now we might struggle (Perch at CB) but at present they would still be bench warmers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awin View Post
                                None of those really scream out defensive midfielder to me but time will tell.

In all honesty I think Hall is our best bet in that DM position.

Comment

Working...
                                X