No announcement yet.

Hollloway prepares the axe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im afraid the conflicting messages come in the main from the fans who are overly impatient and have expectations over and above the clubs ability to deliver.

I have supported this club for near on 50 years, seen good times and bad but the reality is we are a mid table championship team by way of our fan base and income.

JFH was brought in to stabilize the club on a tight budget, he probably wasn't the right choice but we would almost certainly be at least 4 or 5 places higher in the league and not facing a relegation battle if we had kept him. However the fans prefer attacking football to results, yes both are good together but we have to recover from the excess spending. Unfortunately the fans became impatient and Fernandes did what he continues to do and that is knee jerk react and continue on this spiral.

You talk of Holloway winning promotions but he has largely been very average at the clubs he has been at with any success several years ago. Do you honestly believe anyone else would have employed him????

I don't have any personal dislike for Holloway and remember the day out in Sheffield with fond memories but I am also not blinkered by his inadequatcies, which were often present even in his successful years. Unfortunately football has moved on, albeit some are still living in the past.

Comment

Additional to the above, do you really think he will be able to attract players that are going to take us forward. His jokes and up and at attitude has seen its day and players want and expect a lot more.

Comment

Everybody keeps mentioning FFP but what is actually happening with that?

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
          There different managers and Ollie was employed to also change the philosophy of the drossball JFH served up! Ollies also inherited JFh's players who were brought in to help us challenge!

Ollies just walked through the door and our squad is that of one that could realistically be relegated! Why does a experienced pro have to be a 33 year old has been?
          No ones suggesting that and I'm sure Ollies not! I imagine he wants some 25- 30 years olds who have actually played championship football to a decent standard so that we actually compete again!

Your reply was pathetic about the excitement of relegation battles and quite clearly none of us want that! We are sent conflicting messages by the board constantly and all I'm saying is Ollie can't perform miracles with a squad that isn't fit for the championship!

we don't have a team that's capable of achieving a mid table finish currently! 3 or 4 new players who know this league on Jan and hopefully that can be achieved and we can push on in the summer!

However blaming Ollie right now is just pathetic and quite clearly just based on the fact you didn't want him as manager as their is no rational behind your grief towards him and a manager who's achieved 2 promotions out of this league one of which was just 3 years ago!
          Trouble is Maids, we all want Hollo to be this great manager who has come in to turn things around but he just isn't that good. Great to have enthusiasm and the club at heart blah blah, but when it comes to tactics and organising a team he is lacking. That was so obvious yesterday. One minute Hollo was up gesticulating, then Bircham, then Curtis....it's a shambles. You never see that in other dugouts - manager does the decision making and talks quietly to his assistants. Players know where they are. Other managers take over teams and make improvements before they get the chance to bring in new faces. If it hadn't been 'a Ranger' in charge these past few weeks this board would have been in meltdown. He's here for two and a bit years - can you really see him getting us to the top again?

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
            Trouble is Maids, we all want Hollo to be this great manager who has come in to turn things around but he just isn't that good. Great to have enthusiasm and the club at heart blah blah, but when it comes to tactics and organising a team he is lacking. That was so obvious yesterday. One minute Hollo was up gesticulating, then Bircham, then Curtis....it's a shambles. You never see that in other dugouts - manager does the decision making and talks quietly to his assistants. Players know where they are. Other managers take over teams and make improvements before they get the chance to bring in new faces. If it hadn't been 'a Ranger' in charge these past few weeks this board would have been in meltdown. He's here for two and a bit years - can you really see him getting us to the top again?
            I just think that's a load of rubbish mate! I don't think Ollies the messiah by any means but to say he's not that good is very harsh!
            His career has had highs and lows including good times at QPR previously and als promotions to the premier league which not many managers have achieved!
            His worst moment was probably with Leicester but with Milwall their team wasn't good enough for this league!

All that aside it just seems some of you are intent on just slagging him off because his face doesn't fit rather tha. At least giving him a opportunity to try and turn things around!
            Ollie might f it all up but he might make a success of it but to be so judgement of him 6 weeks in with a team that is absolutely woeful and full of players who as I've said before probably would find it hard to grace league 1 is beyond a joke!

Ollie needs backing from the board and if he gets then fair enough let's start analysing on depth his decisions! Right now the blokes trying to stop a sinking ship with just sellotape!

I just don't know what some of you expect fro but. With the players he has at his disposal
            Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 08-01-2017, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
              I just think that's a load of rubbish mate! I don't think Ollies the messiah by any means but to say he's not that good is very harsh!
              His career has had highs and lows including good times at QPR previously and als promotions to the premier league which not many managers have achieved!
              His worst moment was probably with Leicester but with Milwall their team wasn't good enough for this league!

All that aside it just seems some of you are intent on just slagging him off because his face doesn't fit rather tha. At least giving him a opportunity to try and turn things around!
              Ollie might f it all up but he might make a success of it but to be so judgement of him 6 weeks in with a team that is absolutely woeful and full of players who as I've said before probably would find it hard to grace league 1 is beyond a joke!

Ollie needs backing from the board and if he gets then fair enough let's start analysing on depth his decisions! Right now the blokes trying to stop a sinking ship with just sellotape!

I just don't know what some of you expect fro but. With the players he has at his disposale!
              Yep, he's Marmite. Happy to agree to differ.

Comment

You are quite correct Wycombe opinions will always differ.

The sad thing is the only people who really suffer as a result of all these poor decisions is the fans, players and managers kiss the badge and say what people want to hear but don't really care. How many do you see coming back to watch matched unless they are invited back free of charge!

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                  Yep, he's Marmite. Happy to agree to differ.

Comment

Very true Ricky that is why it is very frustrating to have had 2 shots at the Premier League and ####ed both up. 35 years plus I have been supporting this club and yes we have been worse states but never after the chances we have had in the last 6 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                      Very true Ricky that is why it is very frustrating to have had 2 shots at the Premier League and ####ed both up. 35 years plus I have been supporting this club and yes we have been worse states but never after the chances we have had in the last 6 years.
                      But in a way 73 its different now and become harder as its all about money whereas back in the day clubs like us had good players still, but thats harder now as when youve got good players they usually move pretty soon! So its abit different from back in the day really compared to now dont you think!
                      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                        It's the people who identify them that need shooting. Gladwin had a good half season, Washington 3 months, Polter 1 season in a league with unknown quality etc and we spent £5.4m on them 3....£5.4 ####ing million!
                        That would be the DoFu's then.
                        See ya Les.
                        😀
                        😊
                        😒
                        😞
                        Only problem is TF is not likely to sack him though.😳😪

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                          Sorry, didn't know the manager was untouchable.
                          He is partly to blame though as nobody forced him to change a winning midfield
                          He recalled Luongo and Gladwin and played Hall in midfield.
                          Was he told not to select Smithies.

Comment

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                            Hall in midfield
                            The system and playing style
                            Don't think effort is the problem
                            Taking ages to play Sylla
                            Playing luongo
                            Keeping the 2 poles out of the side
                            Now you are only nitpicking 😜
                            Of course we are not allowed to blame Ollie. Afterall, it is not his fault that QPR have NEVER won an FA Cup tie with him as manager.
                            Not only has he managed QPR to a loss against Vauxhall freaking Motors (at home) but has now been in charge for a record breaking 47th. 3rd round exit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macca View Post
                              The only people you can blame is LF and the board appointing LF in the first place for us ending up with pile of s*it that LF seems to think are good enough for the club, we wont move forward until TF and the board grow some balls get rid of LF and get a proper manager in that knows what he is doing, clearly LF has not a f*cking clue about what a good player is,money that is wasted on paying his wages could go to bringing in a decent player or two
                              Too true.

I have thought this to be the case from the moment LF was appointed.
                              He didn't have the skills or knowledge to be given the post in the 1st place.
                              So come on Fernandes and do the right thing for once and sack Les.

Comment

• Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
                                Im afraid the conflicting messages come in the main from the fans who are overly impatient and have expectations over and above the clubs ability to deliver.

I have supported this club for near on 50 years, seen good times and bad but the reality is we are a mid table championship team by way of our fan base and income.

JFH was brought in to stabilize the club on a tight budget, he probably wasn't the right choice but we would almost certainly be at least 4 or 5 places higher in the league and not facing a relegation battle if we had kept him. However the fans prefer attacking football to results, yes both are good together but we have to recover from the excess spending. Unfortunately the fans became impatient and Fernandes did what he continues to do and that is knee jerk react and continue on this spiral.

You talk of Holloway winning promotions but he has largely been very average at the clubs he has been at with any success several years ago. Do you honestly believe anyone else would have employed him????

I don't have any personal dislike for Holloway and remember the day out in Sheffield with fond memories but I am also not blinkered by his inadequatcies, which were often present even in his successful years. Unfortunately football has moved on, albeit some are still living in the past.
                                Some good points there especially about Holloway's promotions and ability. No one seems to mention his relegations though. QPR 13 games was plenty to keep QPR up given that there was only 3 points between them in 21st place and the team in 18th), Blackpool and Millwall.

Comment

Working...
                                X