Washington!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    no brainer. The other problem for me up top is Washington. He's supposed to be a striker FFS. Not at this level. Polter and Washington were two awful bits of business, many said so at the time.
    Got to agree with you there. I liked Polter for his attitude and work rate but he's just not good enough. Same with Washington.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Washington is definitely well worth keeping. Too many far to quick to write him off. Could see him flourishing under Holloway. We're like a different team at current, we have midfielder that are now making 47 passes per player. We need to give him a go in a side that now actually creates chances.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Too many on here just love stats, got to blame Nasser for this, however Washington is an intelligent footballer that makes clever runs, has vision works his nuts off and will start scoring with a little pinch of confidence

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          Washington is definitely well worth keeping. Too many far to quick to write him off. Could see him flourishing under Holloway. We're like a different team at current, we have midfielder that are now making 47 passes per player. We need to give him a go in a side that now actually creates chances.
          Fu ckin hell far too quick to write him off? been a year now and all he's done is score a goal and get another one despite it hitting polter on the way in.

Also, they aren't making 47 passes per player, dunno where you're getting that stat from. Last 4 matches, the midfield has been topped by a player making 21, 22, 25 and 25 passes in each game At most. Nowhere near as many as you think or you're just making that up. He runs and hassles and is decent coming off the bench to press their backline, but he's not got any aerial ability, his finishing is poor to say the least and his dribbling is weak. His asset is pace and I'd rather Wszolek as a striker if we want that, he seems to know how to put it away under any pressure.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Too many on here just love stats, got to blame Nasser for this, however Washington is an intelligent footballer that makes clever runs, has vision works his nuts off and will start scoring with a little pinch of confidence
            Too many love stats and you're against them, but you just tried to use some above and they ended up not being right. Everyone here including myself wants Washington to succeed for us, but he hasn't and we can't keep carrying someone in the hope that one day they'll become an average championship footballer. It's sink or swim, Manning knew that and look at him now. Polter learnt that once he was dropped from the team because Austin stayed, he came back and kept scoring, no matter how sh ite he was, he scored goals. When he stopped scoring for a stretch, he was let go. Simple as that.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• It was 47 touches not passes so get the noose ready. To say I was lying, I am a grown man you soppy sod! Sir les started slowly and was sent to turkey, you would of just sold him with your logic. I've seen enough of Washington to know he's decent. We either played him as a lone striker under jfh or on the wing. Makes clever runs and gets himself in the box. If we all used your gun ho logic we wouldn't have ian Holloway as he supposedly was past it

Comment

• Love way Nas now throws the swear words into his posts. Keep it up son

Comment

It was 47 touches not passes so get the noose ready. To say I was lying, I am a grown man you soppy sod! Sir les started slowly and was sent to turkey, you would of just sold him with your logic. I've seen enough of Washington to know he's decent. We either played him as a lone striker under jfh or on the wing. Makes clever runs and gets himself in the box. If we all used your gun ho logic we wouldn't have ian Holloway as he supposedly was past it
                  Don't use Les as an example firstly, he played a total of 3 matches for us and 3 matches for Brentford on loan before going to Turkey. If at that time I'd suggested we boot him, then you could say I've not given him a chance. Washington has played just under 2000 minutes for us in 1 year. 21 games started, 18 sub appearances, 2 goals (one of which was really polter's).

When people were asking to give him a chance last season and I was hesitant and thought we could cash in on him after the Euro's, assuming he did well, I got abuse for it but that's fair. He had a sh ite Euro's. Came back here and ran a bit, good on him. Running shouldn't cost us 2mil. We pay 2mil for someone, we want goals, just like Polter provided, just like Sylla provides, just like Austin provided. When a striker fails to score goals with opportunities after opportunities, that for me is not good enough. I have been watching him every game and hoping that he can succeed in each one and finally show me what you see in him. And each and every time, he's not been good enough. That's been how I viewed him. 1 year, nothing to show for it. I wish him all the best but we can't keep doing this and weakening our side every game near the end just in the hope that he'll break his goal curse.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Love way Nas now throws the swear words into his posts. Keep it up son
                    I really try not to get irked by people, but sometimes any response I get from someone when I'm trying to be civil leads to them taking me for someone they can talk loudly over and hope that other loud people agree with them. There are times when one has to be bit less civil and a bit more forward with how they feel.

Comment

• You've clearly never played football to understand that football isn't quite as black and white as you think. To say he has missed chance after chance is utter bollo cks. We could achieve playing 90 mins and not create more than 2 chances. He needs a bit of love and a system that suits. You can't expect him to be an all rounder. I really can't be bothered to get into an argument because you're all words and no substance.

Comment

You've clearly never played football to understand that football isn't quite as black and white as you think. To say he has missed chance after chance is utter bollo cks. We could achieve playing 90 mins and not create more than 2 chances. He needs a bit of love and a system that suits. You can't expect him to be an all rounder. I really can't be bothered to get into an argument because you're all words and no substance.

FFS man, you sound like you wish you were a pro player. You do not have a more valid opinion than I just because your sunday league side had a few more matches a year than I play socially. I watch every week, when I'm not in the country, I watch on player. When I'm here, I watch home matches then on player after. We create chances and don't score because the shots are always straight at the keeper. We have 6.5 shots per game inside the penalty area and the 6 yard box. 4 of our shots every game are on target. Sylla has managed 6 goals in 300 fewer minutes than Washington. He's not good enough for what we need, we should not have to waste resources improving a player all the while his sell on potential falls and falls. He's a weak link when he plays and we need to get a better weak link.

Comment

Too many on here just love stats, got to blame Nasser for this, however Washington is an intelligent footballer that makes clever runs, has vision works his nuts off and will start scoring with a little pinch of confidence
                          Bang on.

Comment

This times a million. Fella works hard, and isn't your average vulgar and stupid footballer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                              This times a million. Fella works hard, and isn't your average vulgar and stupid footballer.
                              He can work as hard as he likes but in reality a striker is judged on goals. 1.5 goals in a year is a pretty poor return....

Comment

• Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                                He can work as hard as he likes but in reality a striker is judged on goals. 1.5 goals in a year is a pretty poor return....
                                The number of goals scored does not tell the whole story. Almost as important is the number of miles run.

Comment

Working...
                                X