Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ollie and Les - an insight into their working relationship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Well if you cant you have made a totally mute point Dogs. Neither of us know how much time Les or Faurlin gave up for the club etc and its actually irrelevant. If the greatness/interest of a player is now judged upon how much time you give up because your injured then as a club we really have fallen to a new all time low

With greatest of respects don't really want my first team players watching the youth team because there injured 50% of the time I actually want them out on the pitch influencing the game and result
    Hopefully Westy we should have cover for injured that that we don't need to see crocks out playing for us
    Last edited by dogsrrs; 13-11-2016, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      Anyway it's getting away from o/p about the relationship between ### and Ollie we have to ask is the club abandoning it's latest policy of scouring lower leagues for young potential , I for one don't see Ollie as the ideal candidate to follow that route he has never been adverse to bringing older players he thinks can do a job or bringing in loans which I think he will do in January , also I don't see it as part of his philosophy to have the under 21s ect going out to go through the motions without caring about the results , for me I can see strong differing views with one or other not being please to give way
      Dogs, if you watch the full 20 min interview with him on Player you might change your opinion on that. He clearly said it was his strong intention to encourage and bring through youth into the first team.

Furthermore, remind yourself of his quote in the OP.

Obviously so far it's only rhetoric but he clearly sounded very passionate on the matter, so let's at least reserve some judgment...

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        Dogs, if you watch the full 20 min interview with him in Player you might change your opinion on that. He clearly said it was his strong intention to encourage and bring through youth into the first team.

Furthermore, remind yourself of his quote in the OP.

Obviously so far it's only rhetoric but he clearly sounded very passionate on the matter, so lets see...
        Stan Stan of course he wants to see young players come through as all managers do but that doesn't alter that that he will bring players in that can do a job irrespective of age on loan or otherwise as and when needed , at the moment imo we have gone to far down the road of signing young players from lower leagues had we signed a few more older players to help these younger players from various parts of the world to settle in I think it's highly likely we would be a few points better off and that's where I see Ollie's positivity differing from the slower progress we have seen over the last 2years

Comment

Stan Stan of course he wants to see young players come through as all managers do but that doesn't alter that that he will bring players in that can do a job irrespective of age on loan or otherwise as and when needed , at the moment imo we have gone to far down the road of signing young players from lower leagues had we signed a few more older players to help these younger players from various parts of the world to settle in I think it's highly likely we would be a few points better off and that's where I see Ollie's positivity differing from the slower progress we have seen over the last 2years
          I agree Dogs. The point I'm making is it seems Olly wants to strike a better balance of bringing through youth with older Championship experienced players - which I think you agree with too.

Comment

Definately need to balance up with a few older heads dogs, far too many young players and not enough experienced ones, derry type etc
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Les has always been Spurs. On record. That's the least of our problems.

Comment

Doom Doom Doom so boring..

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                  Doom Doom Doom so boring..
                  Doom where's the doom ? It's just debating how things will pan out Ive not read many that arn't pleased and think Ollie will improve things at least in the short to medium term

Comment

Not you doggs

Previous post

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                      Not you doggs

Previous post
                      General think youve misread my post as being negative when it wasnt meant to be like that, as im chuffed to bits with ollie coming back, i just meant i think we need a couple of derry types to add bit of experience to the squad, wasnt nothing aimed at you or ollie sorry! im loving everything that ollies said about putting the shirt on etc so looking forward to every game now even with the same squad, its what we`ve needed for a while now!
                      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

One QOR man people forget is Lee Cook

Donated his entire signing on fee when he left to help the club - proper QPR man...

Comment

Awin posted that early doors and if qualified and we are going down the route of ex players then find him a place on the staff.

Comment

Anyway it's getting away from o/p about the relationship between ### and Ollie we have to ask is the club abandoning it's latest policy of scouring lower leagues for young potential , I for one don't see Ollie as the ideal candidate to follow that route he has never been adverse to bringing older players he thinks can do a job or bringing in loans which I think he will do in January , also I don't see it as part of his philosophy to have the under 21s ect going out to go through the motions without caring about the results , for me I can see strong differing views with one or other not being please to give way
                            Strange appointment but I guess Ollie will just manage the first team , he was brought in to avoid a relegation scrap imo. Coaching is where we will see improvements in the youngsters we've signed, and I reckon we'll continue down the Les/Ramsey route.

As for the opening quote, it's irrelevant imo.

Comment

Originally posted by FACTS View Post
                              Strange appointment but I guess Ollie will just manage the first team , he was brought in to avoid a relegation scrap imo. Coaching is where we will see improvements in the youngsters we've signed, and I reckon we'll continue down the Les/Ramsey route.

As for the opening quote, it's irrelevant imo.
                              That's what I think facts , but I certainly do think Ollie will want some older players of his choice and that's where I could see a conflict of interests between him and ### the side is in dire need of a bit more experience in certain places ie mf and up front

Comment

I think a skipper to be an extention of him would be a great start. Had it with Gallen back in the day so can see a change there.

Comment

Working...
                                X