Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
    How about give him a chance?

Spending big money on a load of overpaid 'top' 'managers really worked didn't it?!

He's QPR through and through. I can't wait now personally. Maybe I'm just soft at heart
    QPR through and through is he?
    What about his comments about the club when Buzsaky was signed from his then club Plymouth?

No doubt he is passionate about QPR but not quite through and through.

As said before, I am undetwhelmed because I think the club could have done better, but he will get my support.

It is quite clear to me that LF is only comfortable appointing people he knows i.e. Ramsey (Spurs colleague), JFH (probably from playing days) and now Ollie ( a former teammate)

Comment

Great interview and hope it shows from next week and he hits the ground running. The length of contract really suprises me but then again it is Rangers so why should I be. Good luck Ollie and see you next week.

Comment

Just read some of the comments made by the club as to why they signed Holloway as manager. They have gone overboard in stating how much he is right for the club. Which leads me to thinking, if that really is the case, why did they no consider him before they hired Hasselbaink ? I for one am not convinced.

“Ian is QPR through and through and knows both what it takes and what it means to manage this club.

“He knows the club inside-out, but more importantly than that, he knows the Championship inside-out. He’s managed hundreds of games at this level and has enjoyed great success too.

“We’re absolutely delighted to have him on board.”
        Last edited by rangersroar; 11-11-2016, 11:11 PM.

Comment

shiteheads, the lot of them. Not fit for purpose.

Comment

I was hoping we would get Clement, it didn't happen, I will support Ollie and hope his enthusiasm rubs off on the platers! I will caution that he will need the next 2 transfer windows to turn this unbalanced squad over to the type of players he can work with!
            @gatorTFC

Comment

im shocked,i thought he was older than he is,only cos he been bald for years.
              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

At the end of the day we are all fans so we will get behind ollie, mark and the team. You never know! It might work out!

Comment

Would love to know who else was in the frame for the job as Clement, Rowett and the like do not like they were.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                    He's not Jimmy. He'll do. Here's hoping it works.
                    True and you can see the passion he has, but that has it's limits to how far it can take him.

Here's hoping he can take the club forward because I think the squad is a reasonable one that perhaps needs a bit of fine tuning, but mostly a better style of football to make better use of it.

Comment

• Lets hope his passion rubs off on polter so he can control the ball.

Comment

• why give him a 2 and half year contract,as most managers last about 3 weeks these days

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                          Watched it and you know what, damned be anyone who doesn't love the genuineness of this guy. I was never able to fully experience live what his football was like when he was first here but enjoyed watching his Blackpool side and hope he succeeds here.
                          His Blackpool side played with more style than his QPR one ever did, so hopefully we will see some of that at this time around. With players like Wzsolek Sylla Washington Luongo, Shodipo, Polter, Ngoboto, Chery and if he gets a recall,Sandro we might see some improvement in results and performances.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                            why give him a 2 and half year contract,as most managers last about 3 weeks these days
                            So that he gets a decent payoff if sacked.

Comment

• IF????????

Comment

• All the negative t***s on here should do one! watch the interview and see what this club means to him. We have a QPR bloke back at the club who knows how to get out of the championship on small budgets!! Was only promoted with Palace just 3 years ago and we got idiots saying he;s a has been? WHen did Mich McCarthy last get ptomoted out of this league gentleman or Neil Warnock? 3, 4 or 5 years ago but most would of taken them here?

Look at his CV and the games he's managed at this level. 2 promotions out of the championship is bloody decent. All the idiots on here who think keeping a league 1 standard Milwall in the league is nothing and moan because they didn't play free flowing football need to get a grip. Imagine playing open attacking football with that squad! what do you think would of happened you absolute Muppets!!

Savy appointment by the club and if we get behind him i'm sure we will progress as long as we don't expect instant promotion.

Welcome home Ollie

Comment

Working...
                                X