JFH wasting Washington's talent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    As for this point, no doubt because you lot would have just complained that we brought on a centre back for a full back while we're losing instead of trying to be more attacking.

And for those saying Henry could play full back, believe it or not, he's only ever been recorded to have started as a right back once in his career. Same amount as Cousins.
    I think this is as close a thing to you not having a response/come back, after the obvious has been put to you, right?

I'm truly sorry Nasser, that we don't all do what you do and sit on our hands, and accept the true sh1te that is being served up currently.

Comment

And for those saying Henry could play full back, believe it or not, he's only ever been recorded to have started as a right back once in his career. Same amount as Cousins.
      Probably little known that Cousins played Right Back for England U-17s in the Euro Championships in 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
        I think this is as close a thing to you not having a response/come back, after the obvious has been put to you, right?

I'm truly sorry Nasser, that we don't all do what you do and sit on our hands, and accept the true sh1te that is being served up currently.
        You think wrong in this case, but I'm not gonna waste more time justifying a fairly logical change to someone who is currently not interested in hearing anything but criticism.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by shepherds mush View Post
          probably little known that cousins played right back for england u-17s in the euro championships in 2011.
          impossible, hes never played right back and henry has, stupid idiot jfh doesnt know what hes doing and les too
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

As much as I agree that Gladwin is cack, we have had a tendency to score more when he's on the pitch for whatever reason.
            I dont boo players, but it was never going to please the fans, just wouldnt have bothered. End off IMO.

Why Henry though? Like, I'm genuinely confused? What did we want from that point in the match? I'm pretty sure we wanted to score 2 goals and win. Most likely those would have come from out wide, but with Henry playing at full back you lose two potential things 1) Pace 2) Energy. Those are the only two things we really needed in that position and who had that? Cousins.
            The point here for me is that if Hall was fit enough or worth risking then you would have played him or brought him on. He clearly wasnt so next best option for me in that situation was Henry. Niko as a young lad was not worth bringing into the fold as it was such a horrible game to be a part of.

Yes we wanted to win, yes attacking sometimes especially at home is the best way forward. Then go three at the back or even better still bring on another striker and a winger.

- Hall for Robinson.
            - Pawel for Cousins
            - Polter for Sylla (Who was not doing it for me, but hey, im not the gaffer)

Smithies
            Nedum - Hall - Caulker - Perch
            Pawel - Luong - Ariel
            Chery - Polter - Connor

Should have started or ended like this IMO, Connor was working solidly up and down and I have no idea how he got pulled off.

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36789207

The versatile Greenwich-born 22-year-old can also play at right-back or in the centre of defence.
              Just an extra heads up for those that don't see Cousins as a full back ever.

Comment

You think wrong in this case, but I'm not gonna waste more time justifying a fairly logical change to someone who is currently not interested in hearing anything but criticism.
                There is nothing fairly logical about anything tactical JFH did in that match - There were better and easier options for everything he tried to do to change the game. Every Rangers fan I have spoken to agrees with that.

Cousins is not a right back or a winger, we bought him as an attacking central midfielder.

1) this could of been preempted by not stupidly starting Robinson for the 1st time, in a derby, after two u23 games, knowing you were gonna take him off and alter the back 4 after 70 minutes.

2) If you knowingly are going to take Robinson off after 70mins, then the easiest option, without creating much disturbance back there, with Hall on the bench, would be to
                Move Onuoha to right back, put Perch to Left back and put Hall in as the centre half - That way you don't play players out of position, you don't disturb the back 4 who haven't played as a 4 with Cousins in it before and you're still solid enough to keep the deficit to 1 goal.

If Cousins has played right back when he was a kid, then I'm sorry, but I've seen Onuoha get forward a hell of a lot more than Cousins did in that last 20mins.
                Last edited by West London is Rss; 02-11-2016, 05:49 PM.

Comment

As much as I agree that Gladwin is cack, we have had a tendency to score more when he's on the pitch for whatever reason.
                  Why Henry though? Like, I'm genuinely confused? What did we want from that point in the match? I'm pretty sure we wanted to score 2 goals and win. Most likely those would have come from out wide, but with Henry playing at full back you lose two potential things 1) Pace 2) Energy. Those are the only two things we really needed in that position and who had that? Cousins.
                  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36789207

Just an extra heads up for those that don't see Cousins as a full back ever.
                  Nasser, fact is, for QPR we shouldnt be looking at him as a right back... There is better options.

Secondly I am not anything to do with EVIL Les this so you can turn that off instantly and sadly JFH's time is well up.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                    I dont boo players, but it was never going to please the fans, just wouldnt have bothered. End off IMO.

The point here for me is that if Hall was fit enough or worth risking then you would have played him or brought him on. He clearly wasnt so next best option for me in that situation was Henry. Niko as a young lad was not worth bringing into the fold as it was such a horrible game to be a part of.

Yes we wanted to win, yes attacking sometimes especially at home is the best way forward. Then go three at the back or even better still bring on another striker and a winger.

- Hall for Robinson.
                    - Pawel for Cousins
                    - Polter for Sylla (Who was not doing it for me, but hey, im not the gaffer)

Smithies
                    Nedum - Hall - Caulker - Perch
                    Pawel - Luong - Ariel
                    Chery - Polter - Connor

Should have started or ended like this IMO, Connor was working solidly up and down and I have no idea how he got pulled off.
                    Again, I can totally understand your perspective, but Henry would have brought nothing compared to just moving Cousins to full back. If we wanted to go 3 at the back, then I agree we should bring on Hall, but then what happens to Perch? Play him as a winger? And watch the crowd tear into that?

Pawel has shown nothing to suggest that he could play centre mid, perhaps just going to the 4231 with Chery in the middle and Pawel and Conor wide would have worked. But I felt that what we did on paper should have worked. I recall a recent match, can't remember which one, where we brought on Polter to go up front with Sylla and the crowd were on their feet, we were smashing it into the box and were really really unlucky not to score. Gladwin came on two matches ago and we ended up scoring somehow so there is some hopefulness to that but I personally wouldn't have brought him on, but then there aren't any other particularly attacking options there without totally changing our shape.

Comment

Again, I can totally understand your perspective, but Henry would have brought nothing compared to just moving Cousins to full back. If we wanted to go 3 at the back, then I agree we should bring on Hall, but then what happens to Perch? Play him as a winger? And watch the crowd tear into that?

Pawel has shown nothing to suggest that he could play centre mid, perhaps just going to the 4231 with Chery in the middle and Pawel and Conor wide would have worked. But I felt that what we did on paper should have worked. I recall a recent match, can't remember which one, where we brought on Polter to go up front with Sylla and the crowd were on their feet, we were smashing it into the box and were really really unlucky not to score. Gladwin came on two matches ago and we ended up scoring somehow so there is some hopefulness to that but I personally wouldn't have brought him on, but then there aren't any other particularly attacking options there without totally changing our shape.
                      Given I as a fan see Cousins as more of a midfielder I would have used Henry over him, but thats a last resort anyway given Hall was on the bench and Nedum could have slipped into a full back role.

Ultimately his subs that night did not work and was not right.

Comment

Given I as a fan see Cousins as more of a midfielder I would have used Henry over him, but thats a last resort anyway given Hall was on the bench and Nedum could have slipped into a full back role.

And that's the bottom line.

Comment

Oh I definitely see him as more of a midfielder, with that being said, he really wasn't doing sweet fa as a midfielder in the midfield 3 that game so perhaps trying something different by moving him back and wide could have worked. Ultimately it didn't, but at the time I totally understood the decision.

Comment

Oh I definitely see him as more of a midfielder, with that being said, he really wasn't doing sweet fa as a midfielder in the midfield 3 that game so perhaps trying something different by moving him back and wide could have worked. Ultimately it didn't, but at the time I totally understood the decision.
                            Only Rangers fan to understand it surely... Which doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

He could of put fvcking Sylla back there and you would of seen some logic FFS.

Comment

The answer to this is simple though..

Play players in their best position first, we've seen this error for years. Cousins is a B-2-B midfielder and should sit in the middle with someone, sadly I wouldnt drop Luong so for me Cousin is on the bench.

Pawel is a winger and if Yeni was anywhere to be seen then they would both be playing outwide. (Not forgetting Mo)

Same goes for Connor, he's really a striker who needs someone with him as Chery isnt enough. Which is why its beyond me that him and Polter dont ever get the nod.

Comment

I would agree with that. Why buy players that you have watched playing in their natural position and then play them somewhere else. Buy the right players for how you intend to set the team up. As for Washington and the title of this post, I have yet to see any of his 'talents'.

Comment

Working...
                                X