Sandro off to China?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    I think without a doubt Julio Cesar has to be one of the worst returns on investment out of any player we've signed. Reported 70 bags a week, no doubt a huge sign on fee, played second fiddle to Rob Green for about half his time with us and no doubt had another pay off when he left the club by mutual consent after 18 months. Hopefully he wasn't paid up the full value of his contract (probably close to 15m quid) but I bet he cost us somewhere around 10m quid for his 24 appearances.

In my opinion he was a massively overrated player. A keeper who can't catch a cross is a big like a sports car that doesn't turn left or right........but then again people are still buying Ford Mustangs so maybe there is a market for it!
    If your figures are correct Tarbie, then he beats SWP. Are you sure we paid more than his wages for 2 years?
    https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Sandro: 6 mill transfer, 40k wages for little over 3 years playing 1952 minutes.

Thats around 6350 quid per minute. And even if we assume WBA paid a million quid for his services in fee and saved wages it´s still a massive 5840 quid per minute

Congratulations Kev, I think your gut feeling was right. Sandro probably the most expensive per minute ever.

Comment

The only way this argument is going to be resolved is if JFH actually plays him.

Comment

Julio Cesar 10 million quid spent: around 4760£ per minute

Comment

Maybe SWP wasn´t that bad a deal after all

And he even scored that goal

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
              If your figures are correct Tarbie, then he beats SWP. Are you sure we paid more than his wages for 2 years?
              Not sure about anything mate. Just speculating based on the info that was in the press.

I'm guessing that 70k a week is pretty accurate as some press sources close to the club banded this number about. I'm also sure there would have been a signing on fee given he was signed on a free transfer. I'm also sure he wouldn't have allowed the club to just tear up his contract when he went to Benfica. I'd hazard a guess that Benfica probably are only paying him half of that and we picked up the cost for the shortfall on the remaining 2 years plus that he was contracted with us.

70k a week is 3.5m a year. That means he earned around 5m for his time with the club. He had 2 and a half years left on his contract when he left (8.75m), so I'd assume he was paid off a good chunk of that. Say Benefica offered him 40k a week, we'd have picked up the shortfall of 30k per week, that's another 3.6m. Chuck in say a 2m signing on fee (and I bet it was at least that) and already you have over 10m quid!
              Last edited by Tarbie; 05-10-2016, 11:45 AM.

Comment

How much you reckon we paid Kieron Dyer per week. He only played 203 minutes, so if we paid him 30k per week in his first year. he wins the contest.

Comment

How much you reckon we paid Kieron Dyer per week. He only played 203 minutes, so if we paid him 30k per week in his first year. he wins the contest.
                  Kieron Dyer was on a pay as you play contract due to his injury record. Warnock was even quoted as saying if he didn't play he really didn't cost the club much money at all.

Signings like Boswinga and Cisse would have been far more costly, both in terms of weekly wages and in terms of what we probably had to pay them to walk away from their contracts!

Comment

Kieron Dyer was on a pay as you play contract due to his injury record. Warnock was even quoted as saying if he didn't play he really didn't cost the club much money at all.

Signings like Boswinga and Cisse would have been far more costly, both in terms of weekly wages and in terms of what we probably had to pay them to walk away from their contracts!
                    At least there was some sense in some of our deals from that period then.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                      He didnt like conor washington either, choon changed lol
                      Never disliked him, just thought he wasn't good enough and still don't, but I rate players on a game to game basis and he did well against Fulham so I've not got a bad thing to say at the moment for him.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

At least there was some sense in some of our deals from that period then.
                        That was a Warnock deal rather than a Mark Hughes one. I think most of the really bad bits of business were instigated by Hughes and his pal Kia Joorabchian.

Comment

That was a Warnock deal rather than a Mark Hughes one. I think most of the really bad bits of business were instigated by Hughes and his pal Kia Joorabchian.
                          The granny haired Welsh ****

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                            The granny haired Welsh ****
                            This.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                              Nas & a couple of others seem to think Sandro has an attitude. I actually think he's exactly the opposite tbh.

I'm pretty sure he's on big big appearance fees or a certain amount of games will trigger a pay rise or an extension so is being used sparingly. Personal opinion. Always given a decent account of himself as far as I'm concerned.
                              I agree.
                              It is hard for him to play and play well, if not selected.

Yes, he is injury prone, but usually does well when he plays (at least until he gets injured).

For the record, i never thought he was a good value signing and would have preferred he hadn't been signed.

I do think he should be sold, so that a fee is received for him and the club doesnt pay out £40k pw for him to not play.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                                Agreed with this. If he wants to play, 1) Don't go around publicly talking about how you want to be in the prem this season and basically being public with your own transfer dealings, leave that to your agent to do one to one; 2) Don't get a hissy fit when you aren't picked for good reasons, 3) Don't look like you're dying after 60 minutes of legitimately not doing much, if any running other than to get into the box for corners. We've got no obligation or time to be in a situation where we know prior to a match that we're going to be forced into wasting a substitution.
                                Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                                Point 1) Ever thought he might be slightly peeved at being left out while inferior players are picked ahead of him? Scores 2 then dropped? I'd be disappointed if he wasn't p*^%#* off.

Point 2) what hissy fit?

3) are you surprised he's blowing out his ar5e when he doesn't get to play? It's called match fitness if you weren't aware.
                                There are two sides to every story, and I tend to agree with Jimmy's view.
                                I think Sandro wants to play but is not being selected for reasons best known to JFH.
                                And yes,he would be entitled to be miffed at being overlooked in favour of inferior players, just as Vargas was when overlooked at Palace in favour of SWP by Ramsey.

Comment

Working...
                                X