Jimmy on QPR podcast tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southport View Post
    It would be interesting to have a poll asking whether fans back Jimmy more, less or the same after the interview. I thought it was good that he gave the interview, and he did respond to questions but (and I might be very biased with this) feel that this will definitely cause him more problems than if he didn't do the interview
    He was asked all the wrong questions IMO. As a result very little new and meaningful was picked up. That was the disappointing aspect of the interview, as it was a great opportunity. Otherwise I could have learn't much more about him and formed a better judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
      Yeah thanks, Jimmy. Think you reed to pay me £6.70.... What tool, playing in the championship, plays a reserve team at this stage of the cup which use to be milk? Not that Jimmmy's first team, selected by him, fills me with confidence.
      I am more optimistic that Shodipo and Kakay will do a better job at this moment in time.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        He was asked all the wrong questions IMO. As a result very little new and meaningful was picked up. That was the disappointing aspect of the interview, as it was a great opportunity. Otherwise I could have learn't much more about him and formed a better judgment.
        Why does that not surprise me??

Comment

It would be interesting to have a poll asking whether fans back Jimmy more, less or the same after the interview. I thought it was good that he gave the interview, and he did respond to questions but (and I might be very biased with this) feel that this will definitely cause him more problems than if he didn't do the interview
          He could arrange a threesome between me, Robin Wright and Elizabeth Hurley and I'd still think him a s hit manager, tbh. Even as I thanked him profusely.

Comment

I think he had picked and seen the questions before hand, it's the only explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              I wouldnt have been. Nor would Clive W.
              I agree, it could have done with that to be honest.

Comment

What reasonable questions would you have wanted to be asked? For me the formation, the tactics & the importance of building our team around Chery/Polter is exactly what i wanted his view point on. I liked his passion and directness with standing up for what he believes in. Being loyal to his players even though they may not return the favour... but this is possibly at a cost. Our system which relies on polter being the target man effectively destroy's any chance of washington playing for us. It also means we have little or no other option for the chery role.

I thought the questions were spot on. Asking questions like: Why we didnt go out and sign charlie austin on loan, Why haven't we sold sandro or why don't we spend 10million pound on a player are ridiculous questions and unrealistic to say the least. Warnock back though right?
                Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                Lovejoy: "No?!"
                Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
                  What reasonable questions would you have wanted to be asked? For me the formation, the tactics & the importance of building our team around Chery/Polter is exactly what i wanted his view point on. I liked his passion and directness with standing up for what he believes in. Being loyal to his players even though they may not return the favour... but this is possibly at a cost. Our system which relies on polter being the target man effectively destroy's any chance of washington playing for us. It also means we have little or no other option for the chery role.

I thought the questions were spot on. Asking questions like: Why we didnt go out and sign charlie austin on loan, Why haven't we sold sandro or why don't we spend 10million pound on a player are ridiculous questions and unrealistic to say the least. Warnock back though right?
                  I would definitely recommend anyone with strong feelings about him to at least have a listen to the podcast.

Comment

Wow. He was asked what he would change if he could go back a week. He answered he would keep the same formation and same personnel! He has learned nothing!
                    To be fair to Jimmy, you have removed the context. What he actually says is that because of injuries and illness - Polter, Luongo, and new players just coming in - he really didn't have a choice in who he played (so he wouldn't have changed it because what else could he do)... but what he certainly would have changed would be determination and people getting closer - i.e pressing. He also says "would I have wanted to see more fight? Yes, a lot more fight." "It was a shock and hard for the players to take, they are a good honest bunch."

In regard to the Chery situation, he stated that he couldn't play 4-4-2 because that would mean either Chery went out on the wing, where he would be less effective and marked out of the game, or he would have to drop Chery. This raises the issue of defensive midfielders - do you need two in 4-4-2? Who would play in that 4-4-2? Alternatively, you could play 5-3-2 or a 4-3-3, but do we have the players for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                      To be fair to Jimmy, you have removed the context. What he actually says is that because of injuries and illness - Polter, Luongo, and new players just coming in - he really didn't have a choice in who he played (so he wouldn't have changed it because what else could he do)... but what he certainly would have changed would be determination and people getting closer - i.e pressing. He also says "would I have wanted to see more fight? Yes, a lot more fight." "It was a shock and hard for the players to take, they are a good honest bunch."

In regard to the Chery situation, he stated that he couldn't play 4-4-2 because that would mean either Chery went out on the wing, where he would be less effective and marked out of the game, or he would have to drop Chery. This raises the issue of defensive midfielders - do you need two in 4-4-2? Who would play in that 4-4-2? Alternatively, you could play 5-3-2 or a 4-3-3, but do we have the players for that?
                      Well it's pretty obvious that we don't have the players to play whatever the system is meant to be at moment.

Comment

I'm still a little baffled, as others have said, very strange interview, with a few odd answers...

But he seems to know what he wants, and wants to stick to his guns. We'll see how it pans out over the next few games.

As the presenters said, not really sure what to make of it! He's is clearly under pressure and knows it, stuttering on most of his answers.

Fair play for going on there though.

Comment

Wow. He was asked what he would change if he could go back a week. He answered he would keep the same formation and same personnel! He has learned nothing!
                          Says it all. I've read enough

Comment

Can we stop making excuses for his excuses... Many of his answers don't sit right with me.

He still sounds like he is adamant on playing Washington up top on his own FFS...

Comment

Ok
                              I listened to the podcast ( please do this yourselves rather than just reading the second hand statements on this thread).
                              Here's what I think.
                              JFH has many positive qualities, including bravery, determination, loyalty and humour.
                              He also knows more about football and the specifics at QPR than any of us on here( as far as I am aware).
                              Most importantly, he is obviously a bright bloke who sticks by his team and beliefs.
                              I have long felt that the boo boys ( and girls) do nobody any favours at games, and if that is a specific trait of QPR then shame on us.
                              I for one am prepared to give the guy a chance following that interview. IF the team respond and give us fans something to shout positively about and IF we get the odd bounce in our favour, perhaps Jimmy's apparent stubbornness will win the day. After all, we all did want our Rangers back, didn't we?

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
                                Ok
                                I listened to the podcast ( please do this yourselves rather than just reading the second hand statements on this thread).
                                Here's what I think.
                                JFH has many positive qualities, including bravery, determination, loyalty and humour.
                                He also knows more about football and the specifics at QPR than any of us on here( as far as I am aware).
                                Most importantly, he is obviously a bright bloke who sticks by his team and beliefs.
                                I have long felt that the boo boys ( and girls) do nobody any favours at games, and if that is a specific trait of QPR then shame on us.
                                I for one am prepared to give the guy a chance following that interview. IF the team respond and give us fans something to shout positively about and IF we get the odd bounce in our favour, perhaps Jimmy's apparent stubbornness will win the day. After all, we all did want our Rangers back, didn't we?
                                Can't believe you posted that. Thought it confirmed what we already know. He's clueless.

Comment

Working...
                                X