No announcement yet.

Joey Barton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought he was decent for us when he came back from France. Put in some quality performances in our promotion season (semi final against Wigan he was immense). Thought he was one of our better players when we got relegated also.

Comment

One Joey Barton, there's only one Joeyyy Bartonnnn

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
        One Joey Barton, there's only one Joeyyy Bartonnnn
        Thank god for that. Blokes an absolute ####, world would be a worse place with 2 of him

Comment

He did well for Burnley last year il give him that but I was shocked at just how poor his distribution was when he joined us, I thought we had signed a real top class midfielder but in all honesty he is a player who will graft and give 100% but offers very little more.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
            He did well for Burnley last year il give him that but I was shocked at just how poor his distribution was when he joined us, I thought we had signed a real top class midfielder but in all honesty he is a player who will graft and give 100% but offers very little more.
            The kind of player who does ok when he has better players around him, but if he's the star of the show his flaws really become apparent. Same with a lot of players that came to us a few years ago. Park was another.

Comment

Puts in a shift and doesn't go hiding but at the end of the day just a decent Championship midfielder.

Comment

He's decent when he sticks to the basics and what he's good at.
                Gravel Dyche knew this.
                He was probably expecting to stroll into Rangers and become king of the SPL.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                  He's decent when he sticks to the basics and what he's good at.
                  Gravel Dyche knew this.
                  He was probably expecting to stroll into Rangers and become king of the SPL.
                  If he stops trying hollywood passes, he's passable. The issue is that he doesn't.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                    Thank god for that. Blokes an absolute ####, world would be a worse place with 2 of him
                    Read his book fella, I find judging people on what the media feed you a tad naive myself.

Comment

Read his book fella, I find judging people on what the media feed you a tad naive myself.
                      Why are you so sure his book is full of facts ?
                      Let's face it, most people that have heard of him think he's a €unt so he's bound to try and paint a different picture.
                      “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                      Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                        Why are you so sure his book is full of facts ?
                        Let's face it, most people that have heard of him think he's a €unt so he's bound to try and paint a different picture.
                        Did I say his book was full of facts? All I said was 'read it'?

This is why I recommend reading his book to yourself also, because he does far from try to paint a different picture of himself - He knows fully what he is like and what he is perceived as. He never has tried to paint a different picture, he very much sees himself as 'he is what he is'.

If you're willing to listen to the medias view of him and certain past circumstances and make up your opinion of him from those views, then I would also look at his view. None of us know him personally and I personally don't think of people as ####'s if I do not know them.
                        Last edited by West London is Rss; 11-10-2016, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Did I say his book was full of facts? All I said was 'read it'?

This is why I recommend reading his book to yourself also, because he does far from try to paint a different picture of himself - He knows fully what he is like and what he is perceived as. He never has tried to paint a different picture, he very much sees himself as 'he is what he is'.

If you're willing to listen to the medias view of him and certain past circumstances and make up your opinion of him from those views, then I would also look at his view. None of us know him personally and I personally don't think of people as ####'s if I do not know them.
                          It's an amiable trait not to judge someone until you know them mate.
                          The point I was trying to make is he would have had professional help in writing his book and how it portrays him. Therefore I don't agree that reading his book means your any wiser as to who he is.
                          What seems to be clear is he's an arogant narcissistic tw@t who loves the sound of his own voice.
                          I've never met Pol Pot, Kim Kardashian or Ed Balls but I'm fairly certain they were/are all €unts too.
                          “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                          Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                            It's an amiable trait not to judge someone until you know them mate.
                            The point I was trying to make is he would have had professional help in writing his book and how it portrays him. Therefore I don't agree that reading his book means your any wiser as to who he is.
                            What seems to be clear is he's an arogant narcissistic tw@t who loves the sound of his own voice.
                            I've never met Pol Pot, Kim Kardashian or Ed Balls but I'm fairly certain they were/are all €unts too.
                            If he likes the sound of his own voice then I doubt he would of had too much help in writing it - I can't really have this conversation with someone who hasn't read his book. I can't stress enough that he really does not try to portray himself in any sort of light. He comes across as very honest in his book.

I can't have a level conversation with you about someone if you're as narrow minded as you're giving off with him.
                            How you can just surmise that someone is what you're calling them without knowing them is beyond me - It strikes me as a view held by the typical football fan.

Comment

If he likes the sound of his own voice then I doubt he would of had too much help in writing it - I can't really have this conversation with someone who hasn't read his book. I can't stress enough that he really does not try to portray himself in any sort of light. He comes across as very honest in his book.

I can't have a level conversation with you about someone if you're as narrow minded as you're giving off with him.
                              How you can just surmise that someone is what you're calling them without knowing them is beyond me - It strikes me as a view held by the typical football fan.
                              I find it ludicrous anyone who supports QPR would be giving him MORE money by buying the thing, I hope you downloaded it illegally or stole a copy if you really HAD to read it. He may be honest in his book, but that could well mean he's being honest about being a a*se all his life.

I think many can get a good view of who he is by twitter feed, on the field antics and police record...
                              My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                                I find it ludicrous anyone who supports QPR would be giving him MORE money by buying the thing, I hope you downloaded it illegally or stole a copy if you really HAD to read it. He may be honest in his book, but that could well mean he's being honest about being a a*se all his life.

I think many can get a good view of who he is by twitter feed, on the field antics and police record...
                                Because I was interested to know more about the man beneath all what's reported about him and how people like yourself perceive him from those reports.
                                I suppose it would make me a Joey Barton if I stole it or downloaded it illegally eh? The irony.

I'll try make sense out of the last bit of your post and respond by saying.. He's being exactly that... honest in all of it by saying he's made some terrible choices in his life which he's not proud of. I knew that before I read the book though, I read it because I wanted to find out more about what makes people in life make those choices.

Comment

Working...
                                X