Clear All

• Originally posted by Wegerle1882 View Post
    Get him in now! Lovely chap
    Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    He plays a good game, good game.....
    Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    Nice to see you, to see you....
    What do points make?

"I'm the leader of the pack which makes me such a lucky jack. And here they are,
    they're so appealing, OK Jimmy do your dealing
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      Ahh because the managers we had before the whole DOF thing where someone would get involved were so "Real World" like Harry, Hughes, Warnock... All 3 of them brought in their own players and based on what we know, farked the club. Without a DOF, it's very easy for a manager to do exactly what people are doing in this sting by buying players to make their own money from agents. A DOF stops that happening.
      Naz I honestly don't know what you're talking about. Bruce has a decent record with average performers and imo wouldn't come here.

And you go nuts! Love you mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
        To be honest if he was available a little bit of hows your father really shouldn't be an issue for us. We provided a lovely space for K.Bond and Harry to do business from. Bruce isn't their league when it comes to this and that. He is however are far better real world manager than either of those two.

Which is exactly why he wouldn't come here - he likes to run his own ship. He left Hull because of boardroom shenanigans and interference.
        Do you think QPR employing a DoF at a club of our size creates a deterrent for managers that would otherwise be happy to join us?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          Do you think QPR employing a DoF at a club of our size creates a deterrent for managers that would otherwise be happy to join us?
          Christ - he's been saying that ever since LF joined

Comment

Do you think employing a DoF at a club of QPR's size creates a deterrent for managers that would otherwise be happy to join us?
            I think that depends entirely on the DoF, the amount of credibility that person has in the role. I think any manager worth his salt coming to a small club like us would look very carefully at our set up and ask himself, 'do I want that in my life'.

On the other hand if TF clears the decks, puts the horse before the cart and offered a commensurate deal - you know what I'm saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
              Christ - he's been saying that ever since LF joined
              Yes, but he hasn't made it clear if he's against a DoF per se, or LF in particular he has the problem with.

Comment

Yes, but he hasn't made it clear if he's against a DoF per se, or LF in particular he has the problem with.
                He has now though. Thanks for the clarification Hal

Comment

Certainly the latter, but I have reservations about the DoF role at a club like ours. We need in my view a progressive manager with a back to basics set up ie non interference.

If I were TF I know who I'd target, I know what I'd be prepared to pay, and I'd be like 'here's the keys mate. She's all yours'. I wouldn't interfere and I'd trust my judgement. There'd be salaries saved elsewhere, including Les's.

EDIT: sorry chaps post cross over

Comment

• Many managers have problems with joining clubs with a DOF. That is a fact, and a quite logical one as well.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

• Jimmy will be toast when his contracts up at the latest , then LFs future will have to be questioned
                      1st puts in known buddie as temp manager gets relegated
                      2nd rewards him with a 3 year contract
                      3rd sacks him 6 months into his contract
                      4th re employs him
                      5th employs his successor who continues the drossball with low points return ,Whose integrity comes into question
                      Surely he in turn should consider or have his future considered

Comment

• Chris Hughton is maybe a type of person we should go for if JFH is found guilty.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                          Certainly the latter, but I have reservations about the DoF role at a club like ours. We need in my view a progressive manager with a back to basics set up ie non interference.

If I were TF I know who I'd target, I know what I'd be prepared to pay, and I'd be like 'here's the keys mate. She's all yours'. I wouldn't interfere and I'd trust my judgement. There'd be salaries saved elsewhere, including Les's.
                          But the argument is he did exactly that with Hughes and Redknapp, and got royally shafted as a result. Hence the LF appointment as someone with 'footballing experience' to serve as a middle-man between boardroom and management.

I guess what you're saying is his choice of managers was wrong to start with, but then you have a Catch-22 because who's going to advise him over his appointments with the right type of expertise? Expertise which he himself is too lacking in to know which "progressive manager" to appoint.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                            Chris Hughton is maybe a type of person we should go for if JFH is found guilty.
                            He would have to be completely insane to leave Brighton for QPR.

Comment

• The Queen. She shouldn't need a bung.

Comment

• Go and get the fella from Huddersfield. Arsenio Vagner or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X