Our first team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
    You're right, but the bold bit is the problem. he hasn't proved in all the time he's been here that he can stay fit long enough to get a run in the squad.
    Quite right. On a positive note we might even get a few quid for him in January, if he stays fit (big if, I know) and shows his potential, or better still, stay here and help us get up again if we are still in the mix after Christmas.

And if he breaks down, it will just be another year of money down the drain, but I think we are quite used to that by now, so it shouldn´t be a shock to anyone
    https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Odds slashed for top 6

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...-two-11828897?

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
        Quite right. On a positive note we might even get a few quid for him in January, if he stays fit (big if, I know) and shows his potential, or better still, stay here and help us get up again if we are still in the mix after Christmas.

And if he breaks down, it will just be another year of money down the drain, but I think we are quite used to that by now, so it shouldn´t be a shock to anyone
        I'd love it if he stayed fit and got a run in the squad. He would improve our defensive midfield no end.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

No mention off Henry, I'm saying I can't see him being left out off the team
          You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
            I think what will happen is that he'll continue starting until he requests a rest for being too tired, then Ariel will come in and replace him in the middle and you'll get rotation from there with Ariel and henry switching (and Sandro) and Luongo with Cousins.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

What we need now is some evidence of tactical flexibility from JFH.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                What we need now is some evidence of tactical flexibility from JFH.
                Nouse would do for me. Playing people where they're meant to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                  Your right Jimmy will still start him

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                    ...................Smithies..................

Ned.... Caulker.... .Hall..... Bidwell

......Cousins.......... Luongo......

Yeni.............Chery.......... Shopido

....................Polter....................

New boys need to earn their stripes. I don't think Polter deserves to be dropped just yet and I like the look of Shopido. He's direct and looks to get the ball in the box whenever he can. Surprised JFH dropped him so quickly.
                    You can't play cousins and luongo in the middle. You need a Henry or polish lad as defensive player.

Comment

My theory is that players you think should be playing every week but are not, are being taught the JFH approach, and won't play until they've mastered it.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                        You can't play cousins and luongo in the middle. You need a Henry or polish lad as defensive player.
                        I think Cousins and Luongo can definitely play there. Luongo is adept at the CDM role. Also you can have the two interchanging with each other - so as one goes forward the other covers him (and vice versa). Nothing new about that system either. That's not saying either Henry or Borysiuk can't be played there too. However JFH seems to favour two CDMs because he uses a CAM, hence the arguments over lack of creativity in our midfield.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                          My theory is that players you think should be playing every week but are not, are being taught the JFH approach, and won't play until they've mastered it.

I can see this absolutely being the case. Remember with Polter, Chery and Luongo, they were out of the first team picture while they were learning and seemed to thrive when they came back.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Polter has improved, but I think that Luongo and Chery were very good under Ramsey, I don't understand why Jimmy dropped them

Comment

Originally posted by Southport View Post
                              Polter has improved, but I think that Luongo and Chery were very good under Ramsey, I don't understand why Jimmy dropped them
                              Ramsey dropped both of them. Jimmy was just learning about the team last season, would judge him more on this season and both these players are regulars

Comment

Originally posted by Southport View Post
                                Oh no doubt they performed but once Ramsey dropped them, JFH just put focus on training them up to his style.

Comment

Working...
                                X