No announcement yet.

Onuoha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hes been alright in a few games including the Wigan game. but being a member of the happy clapper brigade, even I have to say that Nedum is average to above average when played as CB, and hes not up to the standard we need our RB to be. Fair play that he was in the right place at the right time for that goal, but often when playing RB/RW, he doesnt make the runs, widen the pitch, offer the option, or pass forward enough. Problem with his "above avg-ness" in CB is that Hall and Caulker CB pairing is much better than Chief I reckon.

Also, hes had quite a few "Nervous Ned" moments already this season, and this is coming from someone who has not missed a game home or away yet this season.

words like "played extremely well" are just not justified.

but alas, as Stanley said, this debates been done to death.
    Rangers Til I Die
    follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

He might not be Roberts Carlos at full back but I have seen him do everything you say he does not. The ball forward for pen against Leeds was that not played by him

Like it or not window has closed no RB has come in so he's going to play there

Comment

Well you can't argue with that Arty he's our R/B untill January

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
          Well you can't argue with that Arty he's our R/B untill January
          Personally I'm hoping it will be Perch, as he's done well there in the last few games IMO; plus it's a round peg in a round hole which is always a far more preferable situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            Personally I'm hoping it will be Perch, as he's done well there in the last few games IMO; plus it's a round peg in a round hole which is always a far more preferable situation.
            Didn't Perch play his better games on the left Stan what I saw of Perch on the right he was dire

Comment

Didn't Perch play his better games on the left Stan what I saw of Perch on the right he was dire
              Yes, but the last few games he's been good at RB imo. And it is his favoured position after all.

Comment

When is Ned out of contract. I know he initially signed for 2 and a half years?

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                  When is Ned out of contract.
                  2 years left.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                    Yes, but the last few games he's been good at RB imo. And it is his favoured position after all.
                    I must admit I didn't renew or go that many games last season but what I did notice Ned couldn't play his own game as he was always looking to cover Perch and it's made wonder if this is where this nervous Ned comes from ?

Comment

I must admit I didn't renew or go that many games last season but what I did notice Ned couldn't play his own game as he was always looking to cover Perch and it's made wonder if this is where this nervous Ned comes from ?
                      Exactly, he's always had to cover for all the right backs since he's been here, and generally done a good job too. Wonder if Barcelona fans look for scapegoats too.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                        Exactly, he's always had to cover for all the right backs since he's been here, and generally done a good job too. Wonder if Barcelona fans look for scapegoats too.
                        But barca don't play any nervous Ned's?!
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

RM don't like Bale, so it must go on at all big clubs, I don't know who Barca's is, but there probably is one

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                            But barca don't play any nervous Ned's?!
                            Don't know if you've seen Jeremy Mathieu play, but he's probably the closest in terms of the sort of fan reaction he gets. He's solid, does a good job but because he isn't Pique or Mascherano, he's gotten enough unwarranted criticism, especially as he's usually helping on the left side when Alba runs up the pitch.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Probably because he had that plank Phillips in front of him when playing RB

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                                Probably because he had that plank Phillips in front of him when playing RB
                                Agree about Phillips, he didn't do much in the way of supporting the backs and there wasn't a great deal of interaction with them either. Think WBA will soon see why we were happy for him to go.
                                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                                X