QPR miss out on Swansea winger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR miss out on Swansea winger

QPR have missed out on the signing of Swansea City winger Modou Barrow. The 23-year-old Gambian was among Rangers’ top summer targets and the club were initially optimistic they would be able to take him on loan.

However, Swansea stalled over a potential deal when he impressed during pre-season, forcing his way into their first team for the start of the new campaign. And with Barrow having also impressed in the Welsh club’s opening couple of Premier League matches, Rangers now accept he will not be joining them.

Rangers would also like to sign Australia winger Matthew Leckie from German club Ingolstadt 04 but a deal currently looks unlikely, while a number of other potential signings are being considered.

Full article: http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/q...barrow-109623?

I'm sure I posted this yesterday in the loan thread! Must have been the decaff coffees!

Shows what we're trying to do, and how difficult it is, I think.

Comment

Whilst transfer activity seems to have gone quiet on the surface, I think this shows that movement is still very much ongoing behind the scenes, and should at least provide some reassurance on that score.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        Whilst transfer activity seems to have gone quiet on the surface, I think this shows that movement is still very much ongoing behind the scenes, and should at least provide some reassurance on that score.
        How's that?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
          How's that?
          ?
          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
          Work Best When Open...
          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
            How's that?
            Well it shows that JFH and Les are still trying to get players in and the no news made it feel like they werent bothering.

Comment

You have to reckon on your targets not being landed, fingers crossed there's a plan B.

Comment

This was a huge blow. But that´s life..
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

He was man of the match today. And Fer scored.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                    Well it shows that JFH and Les are still trying to get players in and the no news made it feel like they werent bothering.
                    Perhaps trying is being generous to them. Hoping seems more apt.
                    It seems to me that they have not come close to agreeing a deal for Leckie and Barrow may have been a target but they should have secured someone else by now.
                    However I guess it boils down to what funds are available.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                      Perhaps trying is being generous to them. Hoping seems more apt.
                      It seems to me that they have not come close to agreeing a deal for Leckie and Barrow may have been a target but they should have secured someone else by now.
                      However I guess it boils down to what funds are available.
                      Not really. It's always quiet approaching deadline day as clubs and players demand huge fees or players are waiting for bigger moves. New loan rules now, so come deadline day those demands significantly drop. Come Thursday, everyone is stuck with what they've got.

Comment

Working...
                      X