No one got my joke about it being a capital thread... :(

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
      No one got my joke about it being a capital thread... :(
      I'm sure plenty did mate

Comment

• Comment

• Washington

When signing him he was the sort of player that we all wanted. Young up coming striker from the lower league. In my opinion he still has not had a fair run in the team. So I wonder why so many people on here have written him off. You only have to look at the BFG to see how someone can start slowly and then massively improve. Can someone on here give me a constructive response to why Washington won't make it in this league.

Comment

• I think Washington would be decent in a pair but he can't play on his own up front and it doesn't look like jimmys going to change that any time soon so really we need to be dipping into the market to find someone who can play the lone striker role incase polts gets injured. Even someone that we could rotate to keep them both fresh. I'd hang on to conner as someone to come off the bench. Having said that I think if we get someone in I'd be loaning conner out maybe to a league 1 side to get some confidence back because his is shot to bits, jut stock in a 24 hour recall clause

Comment

• He certainly isn't a player who can play on his own. Needs support to be even half effective, don't see him making much impact again this season.
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• one man up front is a thankless task and to be fair to Conor, not many can handle that role
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• I would be criminal not to see the best of Conner, gets in behind players with movement and pace.
                  If we sign another striker I fear for Conner.
                  Think polter has become jfh little project and turn him into a goal scorer where Conner should be.

Comment

• Originally posted by moon_safari View Post
                    I would be criminal not to see the best of Conner, gets in behind players with movement and pace.
                    If we sign another striker I fear for Conner.
                    Think polter has become jfh little project and turn him into a goal scorer where Conner should be.
                    Why should it be Conner over Poulter???

Comment

• Didn't say it should be Conner over polter, feel they should be paired together. Conner sits on the shoulder of the last defender and is rapid.
                      Imo Jimmy should work on conners finishing.
                      Playing with bfg is the perfect foyle

Comment

Didn't say it should be Conner over polter, feel they should be paired together. Conner sits on the shoulder of the last defender and is rapid.
                        Any transfer gossip eggs mate?
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Didn't say it should be Conner over polter, feel they should be paired together. Conner sits on the shoulder of the last defender and is rapid.
                          Agree.

Polter won't score enough over a season for us to mount a serious push.

Comment

Agree with this, jimmy shouldnt just keep sticking to the same formation otherwise we`ll be getting too easy sussed by everyone, with knowing how we always play, personally think they could make a good pairing in the end polter and conor!
                            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Maybe try Conor on the wing ? Small, pace, crossing and can score some.

Comment

• If JFH is intent on playing 1 up top all season (possibly to accomodate all the midfielders we have at the club) then a loan move for Washington would be sensible in this window as long as we can get another lone striker to back-up / rotate with Polter.

Comment

Working...
                                X