Just Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    Seem to remember people absolutely slating Polter after a few games. Washington just needs more game time.
    Polter was slated for most of last season,and many slated him in pre season too,suddenly he's Messi because he scored a goal.I hope he developes into the player we want him to be,but Washington looks out of his league so we really very badly need to bring in at least 1 more striker, and a decent one.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      Seem to remember people absolutely slating Polter after a few games. Washington just needs more game time.
      Arr Mush, it's embarrassing sometimes mate - Some fella in the bog last night was slating Washington (one of those blokes who thinks he knows the game but ain't got a clue), 5 minutes later he scores - embarrassing!

Connor works hard, and he made that goal last night, which is nothing more than what his hard work deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
        Arr Mush, it's embarrassing sometimes mate - Some fella in the bog last night was slating Washington (one of those blokes who thinks he knows the game but ain't got a clue), 5 minutes later he scores - embarrassing!

Connor works hard, and he made that goal last night, which is nothing more than what his hard work deserved.
        He made the goal did he? Let's be real for a second, Chery would have scored a shot from the position he passed it 9 times out of 10 and it's a disrespect to Polter to say that Conor made that goal. The only positive for Conor from that goal was that he actually bothered touching it in the box for once.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

A little generous with your description of the game Nasser, which I expected.

Thought we were off the pace most of the night and very sloppy, hence why we drew against a League 1 mid table side.
          Didn't look up for it all, but then again neither was I, and I wasn't really bothered haha.
          Bear in mind that they scored their first goal of a ridiculous deflection from a smash in the opposite direction at Karl Henry. We were let down by Conor and Perch for their second. The other players though played well imo.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            He made the goal did he? Let's be real for a second, Chery would have scored a shot from the position he passed it 9 times out of 10 and it's a disrespect to Polter to say that Conor made that goal. The only positive for Conor from that goal was that he actually bothered touching it in the box for once.
            Oh jheeez Nasser, I wouldn't normally entertain one of your posts (no disrespect) BUT,

Connor played a great flick round the corner on the halfway line which set Polti away, who crossed into Chery, who turned and laid it off to Washington.
            You could say all three made the goal yes, but Connor started the move with great vision and followed his run into the box.

''A disrespect to Polter to say Connor made the goal'' haha. You are the gift that keeps on giving on here sometimes mate...

Comment

Bear in mind that they scored their first goal of a ridiculous deflection from a smash in the opposite direction at Karl Henry. We were let down by Conor and Perch for their second. The other players though played well imo.
              In addition to my other post to you, granted their first goal was extremely flukey. Perch had a shocker all night, Conor wasn't great but worked hard.
              I thought everyone else was bang average compared to Sunday and I think JFH also thought that, judging by his post-match comments - You can take it up with him if you like, as he is of the same opinion...

Comment

In addition to my other post to you, granted their first goal was extremely flukey. Perch had a shocker all night, Conor wasn't great but worked hard.
                I thought everyone else was bang average compared to Sunday and I think JFH also thought that, judging by his post-match comments - You can take it up with him if you like, as he is of the same opinion...
                Yea if we're comparing to Sunday, they weren't amazing, but they were still better than they were last year and that's my bench mark. If we go most of the season improving the performances on last season, I'll be happy.

Comment

https://youtu.be/_yV-XLKRfMg

Chery had no choice but to pass to Conor.

Comment

How can you describe the performance of Yeni as "Phenomenal"? He showed some nice touches, played well and got a goal but he wasn't phenomenal by any means.

Also Nasser the player not the poster I thought was very poor. Did very little.

Feel a tad sorry for Washington. Works hard but doesn't suit that system of one up top. Especially when you have Nasser behind him playing poorly. Most of his service last night was 50 yard balls in the air. Needs it into his feet to run channels.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                      Conor is at the right club to get all the help he needs. He has Les and the boss who were top strikers so we need to give him time.
                      Even with all the help it aint gonna happen for him at this level, he is worse in every respect than SP was on arrival. Strange signing that I never understood for a moment.

We have to get someone in or recall Jet because if SP has any issues the cupboard is bare.

Well done to them last night for buckling down and coming out on top in exactly they kind of match we would have lost in recent times.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                        Even with all the help it aint gonna happen for him at this level, he is worse in every respect than SP was on arrival. Strange signing that I never understood for a moment.

We have to get someone in or recall Jet because if SP has any issues the cupboard is bare.

Well done to them last night for buckling down and coming out on top in exactly they kind of match we would have lost in recent times.
                        Can someone PLEASE PLEASE save this comment for future reference. Seen it all before on here and with R's fans...

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
                          How can you describe the performance of Yeni as "Phenomenal"? He showed some nice touches, played well and got a goal but he wasn't phenomenal by any means.

Also Nasser the player not the poster I thought was very poor. Did very little.

Feel a tad sorry for Washington. Works hard but doesn't suit that system of one up top. Especially when you have Nasser behind him playing poorly. Most of his service last night was 50 yard balls in the air. Needs it into his feet to run channels.
                          I guess this is the beauty of opinions but I felt that Nasser was at least confident on the ball and enjoyed taking people on. Yeni took some fantastic touches all game, pulled of one particularly ridiculous Cruyff Turn that fooled 2 defenders and led to a chance and delivered an extremely high quality volleyed cross that, had it been anyone but an out of confidence CW who's timing was very poor, would have definitely led to a goal.

People marking out to CW saying that his size makes it difficult for him to be the lone striker need only look at Luongo as an example to realise that if he wanted to go for those aerial balls, he could. Add on to that the fact that running to the keeper when he has the ball isn't the most intelligent use of your energy, especially when doing that means you make fewer runs into the box, which was definitely the case. Then, if you're going to ask for him to get the ball into his feet, the least he should do is take a good first touch, something he again seemed to lack yesterday, evident in particular in the build up to their second goal. I'm all for giving players who deserve more chances the time they need. But Conor really really needs to up his game significantly to warrant the time he supposedly needs to get his confidence back and frankly, he's not going to get those chances with Polter performing as well as he is and rightly so.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                            https://youtu.be/_yV-XLKRfMg

Chery had no choice but to pass to Conor.
                            You really think? Chery 100% would have scored that if he'd taken a shot, the angle was perfect for his left foot and his positioning relative to the ball allows for a good swing.

Comment

Can someone PLEASE PLEASE save this comment for future reference. Seen it all before on here and with R's fans...
                              You don't have to worry about that. When I get it wrong I always fess up on here. But I don't get it wrong that often. Which is why I don't mind putting my money where me gob is.

So why not a little spread bet on the amount league goals he scores this term? Say £1 a goal? For a striker a spread of 8-10 is incredibly generous, but I'd still sell (i.e.< 8). Any buyers?

Comment

You really think? Chery 100% would have scored that if he'd taken a shot, the angle was perfect for his left foot and his positioning relative to the ball allows for a good swing.
                                There would have been uproar if he tried it and missed when theres a perfectly placed player to pass to and guaranteed to score. Its called professional football.

Comment

Working...
                                X