Barnsley away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barnsley away

Anyone thinking of going to Barnsley by train and staying over after the game?

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
    Anyone thinking of going to Barnsley by train and staying over after the game?
    Went mid week and stayed over when we went up that year & we scored in first minute
    Not much up there mid week is there
    Think we stayed in a travel lodge with a pub next to it which was ok

Could stay Sheffield ?
    Thank **ck thats all over with !!! need a holiday!!!

Comment

Originally posted by suttonranger View Post
      Went mid week and stayed over when we went up that year & we scored in first minute
      Not much up there mid week is there
      Think we stayed in a travel lodge with a pub next to it which was ok

Could stay Sheffield ?
      Seems the LSA are not doing transport for this game and I dont fancy the Official coach so its a right pain all round but Sheffields a good shout

Comment

Driving there and back for this one. cant see many going, but as i have that week off work, thought fark it, why not.

Comment

Nope working during the week, my ticket for Barnsley arrived last night if anyone can use it. I don't want anything for it.

Comment

Yes please

Comment

did the night game before stayed in the holiday inn in barnsley, its 2 minutes drive from the motorway . everyone parks in this big field next to the ground .found the locals friendly enough

Comment

Stayed up there overnight the year we won the league, locals really friendly I have to say. A bit quiet in the evening but that was a mid week game and didn't venture into the town centre. Remember the players coming off into the corner of the ground where the away fans stand, so get abuse if under performing or highly praised if all things going well.

Strange ground really, made up of fairly large stands but open, think the away stand is probably better than most of the home areas.

Only downside was witnessing our own fans kicking off with each other at half time in the concourse under the stand.
                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                X