Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

The club are looking to interview a fan who attended all the 1966/67 league cup ties

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • LoftusRoadLad
    W12 Seat
    • Jan 2011
    • 19610

    #16
    This story is spot on for me being 11 n a half years old and living in Loftus Rd but going to Holman Hunt school !!

    The summer of 1966 was a big one for this 11 year old W12 Boy, the World Cup, leaving a Rangers Coverdale Road Primary School to go to a Chelscum Holland Park Comprehensive and little did I know th…

    Comment

    • RodwasGod
      Apprentice
      • Oct 2015
      • 47

      #17
      Only went to the semi finals and Wembley but oh what memories!! Truly was the start of QPR as we know and love today, that 1967 team!! Alex Stock, Rodney, the Morgan twins, Les Allen, Mark Lazarus, Peter Springett, Ron Hunt........Im getting misty eyed!!

      Comment

      • lymehoop
        Gold Seat
        • Mar 2009
        • 7380

        #18
        I'd imagine there was about 4,000 for the 1st round game against Colchester. When you think how many are no longer with us, then there can only be a couple who'd been to them all
        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
        This morning's tempest I have to cross
        I must be guided without a stumble
        Into the arms I love the most

        Comment

        • Olly
          Gold Seat
          • Mar 2009
          • 6000

          #19
          The club have left it a bit late haven't they? The next time we win something, the club should do all the fan interviews there and then, and store them away for the next anniversary date.
          Last edited by Olly; 26-07-2016, 09:32 AM.

          Comment

          • Alanwycombe
            Silver Seat
            • Feb 2014
            • 2215

            #20
            Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad
            Went to all the homes and Wembley.
            And me, was 12 but can remember sod all except for the Final and the Funeral March with the WBA coffin.....I think. Will never forget Marsh's goal though.

            Comment

            • West Acton
              CCG
              • Dec 2009
              • 21475

              #21
              Cant get involved in this thread its for old sods

              Comment

              • LoftusRoadLad
                W12 Seat
                • Jan 2011
                • 19610

                #22
                Originally posted by West Acton
                Cant get involved in this thread its for old sods
                its us lot whos had the most fun

                Comment

                • West Acton
                  CCG
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 21475

                  #23
                  Good come back Loftus

                  Comment

                  Working...