Striker/Winger Situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
    Firstly really pleased with the business we are conducting.

We are 3 players short imo of having a very good chance of being genuine contenders for the top 6. 2 first choice wingers and class striker and we are business.

Couple of rumours I heard is that wells is a main sticker target and Frazier Campbell is being looked at as a possible full back option.
    Didn't you say Dack was our main transfer target and Stanislas? Would love Wells tbh the only striker that i think would be possible, would cost abit though

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
      Didn't you say Dack was our main transfer target and Stanislas? Would love Wells tbh the only striker that i think would be possible, would cost abit though
      And Lansbury.

Comment

If only Lynch could pursuade Wells to sign for us. IF only...
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
          If only Lynch could pursuade Wells to sign for us. IF only...
          I'd love that.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            Your 442's don't win you leagues unless you have a Kante, they haven't done in a long long time.
            Maybe you should look at Man City's team when they won the league against us.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
              Maybe you should look at Man City's team when they won the league against us.
              They had a Kante, his name was Yaya Toure and he worked damn hard in that midfield. He's changed since then, but at the time, he was an animal worker
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                Firstly really pleased with the business we are conducting.

We are 3 players short imo of having a very good chance of being genuine contenders for the top 6. 2 first choice wingers and class striker and we are business.

Couple of rumours I heard is that wells is a main sticker target and Frazier Campbell is being looked at as a possible full back option.
                By one guy on twitter......

Comment

They had a Kante, his name was Yaya Toure and he worked damn hard in that midfield. He's changed since then, but at the time, he was an animal worker
                  Also, did a little more research on it and they played a 4231 all season with Tevez and Aguero both playing the attacking midfield role at times.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

the winners of the premier league payed 4-4-2 all season.

Only fact/stat that matters

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                      Yeah, I said about Dack. That was from my mate who played with him last year and in all fairness as I said at the time, it was him simply him saying we had made some contact. I am sure we have made contact with a fair few people including players who might not be our first choice.

Lansbury rumor again came from a good mate who is very well connected with the management structure at Forrest who said we'd made initial approaches. I imagine the fact that we got cousins now means the Lansbury deal is dead. Plus the fact we got cousins for an amazing fee and Forrest will be expecting 4-6 mill for Lansbury.

I should of put 'read' instead of 'heard' on the striker rumors as I saw them on twitter. I hope their in some truth in the Wells one though and I imagine the Campbel one is the same rumor that seems to recirculate each window.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                        By one guy on twitter......
                        your spot on mate!

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                          the winners of the premier league payed 4-4-2 all season.

Only fact/stat that matters
                          True but they had a perfect counter attacking system. It worked because of the attitude and.ability of the whole team . The ability to block as defenders, the skill of Mahrez, the chasing of Kante, the speed of Vardy. That is also very much a one off, They wont win it this season. We arent looking at winning a title for just one season, we want to build a team and a system.that will get us promoted and keep us up without needing lots of personel changes .

Comment

Sorry Maids, you won't be winning the king itk title this season mate

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                              Sorry Maids, you won't be winning the king itk title this season mate
                              Mate I aint got a f*****g clue. I just post what I hear from the few mates I know in the game and the rest is what I see on twitter lol

Comment

Also, did a little more research on it and they played a 4231 all season with Tevez and Aguero both playing the attacking midfield role at times.
                                That is rubbish. Tevez and Aguero are not midfielders.

City won the league with 4 defenders, 4 midfielders and 2 strikers.

I agree on the Toure/Kante part - its the not winning with 4-4-2 for a long, long time that gets me.

Comment

Working...
                                X