Kodjia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knocker View Post
    Have to spend to have a prayer in championship. Fact.
    Hull spent £4.8m and received £25m from sales....then got promoted.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
      50% undisclosed including Knockaert.
      I'm going to stick my neck out and suggest that undisclosed fees to the likes of Chelmsford city and Dorchester Town still make your statement nonsense.....

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        Hull spent £4.8m and received £25m from sales....then got promoted.
        True, but they had kept much of their Premiership squad so didnt really need to spend a lot. They also had a competent manager.
        QPR kept muchof their Premiership squad but unfortunately appointed a rookie 53 year old head coach who was quite frankly out of his depth.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
          We certainly dont have the cash to be risking 6.5 million on an ok player. I am happy with the business we are doing now. This is what QPR was before we started squandering cash on poor uninterested players who wanted a wage packet. I am willing to accept mid table and patience whilst we build a team. If we do become a feeder club by buying well and selling for a profit that would be fantastic for our long term future.
          What a top post. Completely agree with you. It's not about promotion yet. Improve steadily and I'd take promotion in a couple of seasons, when we've built a team capable of going up and staying up.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
            We didn't spend a massive amount when we went up under Warnock despite all the press stuff about our super rich owners. From memory it was something like

Kenny - 750k
            Orr - 500k
            Adel - 1m
            Hulse - 1m
            Hill - Free?
            Derry - Free?
            Tommy Smith - 1 mil?
            How could you forget Leon Clarke!

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
              True, but they had kept much of their Premiership squad so didnt really need to spend a lot. They also had a competent manager.
              QPR kept muchof their Premiership squad but unfortunately appointed a rookie 53 year old head coach who was quite frankly out of his depth.
              True but that squad wasn't much more than a decent Championship squad - took the PO's to go up.

Wonder how much Brighton and Sheff Weds spent?

Comment

I love the way we are operating within the transfer marker now. As others have said it's much more the 'QPR' way and long may it continue.

I don't want to see excessive spending for the sake of it. However a position as key as upfront and the difference it can make to have a proven goalscorer is an area where I wouldn't mind seeing us allocate a heavier chunk of our budget.
                4-7mill in this league for a striker will become the norm if it isn't already imo!

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                  I love the way we are operating within the transfer marker now. As others have said it's much more the 'QPR' way and long may it continue.

I don't want to see excessive spending for the sake of it. However a position as key as upfront and the difference it can make to have a proven goalscorer is an area where I wouldn't mind seeing us allocate a heavier chunk of our budget.
                  4-7mill in this league for a striker will become the norm if it isn't already imo!
                  Think your right on that maids, anyone who has done it in this league before is going to command that sort of fee.

Reckon we will go down the foreign route for someone a bit cheaper and hope they hit the ground running.
                  Last edited by Ramsey is god; 14-07-2016, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

Agree with that maids. While I'm glad we are a lot more sensible in terms of spending, I wouldn't mind us spending a little more on one player, provided he's the right player in the right position for us.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2