Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

QPR chief criticises fans for booing Cole Kpekawa

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • tetters
    Silver Seat
    • Mar 2011
    • 1031

    #16
    Originally posted by Timmy the Doc
    If he's old enough to play first team football, he's old enough to be booed.
    Exactly. Toughen up.

    Comment

    • Hove Ranger
      Silver Seat
      • Aug 2011
      • 4441

      #17
      It was me booing but I thought it was traore. Once I realised my mistake I soon stopped

      Comment

      • nasser95
        Gold Seat
        • Dec 2012
        • 7216

        #18
        Originally posted by tetters
        Exactly. Toughen up.
        Ok mate, go out and perform to your best in front of 18k people, when there are people booing you and you can hear them because of the acoustics of the stadium. I doubt it's as easy for a youngster as we think.

        Tho point that "If he's in the first team, he can be booed irrespective of his age" is totally off base and derives from the idea that players are no longer learning if they're in the first team. Players need to learn, need to make mistakes to learn how to avoid them, just like in life outside football. Everything needs to be considered for something like this.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

        Comment

        • nanocopic
          Silver Seat
          • Oct 2015
          • 1725

          #19
          Originally posted by tetters
          Exactly. Toughen up.
          What ####in good is booing someone in his first couple of games going to do? Oh did he make a couple of mistakes taht some pathetic fans dislike. Well yeah that's because he is still learning, I haven't a clue what is up with some. Just accept we aren't Barcelona and some of our youth players may make errors in their first couple of years, that's life. I'm.p leased we ha e youth coming thru.

          Comment

          • James1979
            Silver Seat
            • Mar 2009
            • 4857

            #20
            Loftus road groan not booing I think. Don't recall booing. Poor from our so called football smart CEO

            Comment

            • bhujio
              Bronze Seat
              • Feb 2010
              • 378

              #21
              Originally posted by James1979
              Loftus road groan not booing I think. Don't recall booing. Poor from our so called football smart CEO
              Nothing poor about that as he feels for the lad being booed.

              Most fans go on and on about giving our youngers a chance and then think it is alright to boo them.

              I know free country and pay the money and all that but booing a youngster is no helping anyone.

              I personally never ever boo any players that are on the pitch Shite or not but when they are warming up yes I do.

              Comment

              • Brian Wilson
                Silver Seat
                • Jul 2009
                • 4400

                #22
                Thing is he wasn't booed though. A few moans and groans from serial moaners who complain about everything doesn't mean we now boo youth players as a club.

                Comment

                • davieqpr
                  Silver Seat
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 2804

                  #23
                  Can't remember him being booed either. Mistakes by anyone are bound to get automatic sighs and groans.

                  Comment

                  • Stanley
                    Guest
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 23693

                    #24
                    It would have had to be person(s) near the director's box to have been audible to him.

                    Comment

                    • Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
                      Gold Seat
                      • Sep 2012
                      • 8957

                      #25
                      I'd like to know the context of the conversation this was brought up in. Was he asked? Or did he decide to come out with it?

                      Comment

                      • Stanley
                        Guest
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 23693

                        #26
                        Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
                        I'd like to know the context of the conversation this was brought up in. Was he asked? Or did he decide to come out with it?
                        Full context here: http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...30#post1539630

                        Comment

                        • Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
                          Gold Seat
                          • Sep 2012
                          • 8957

                          #27
                          Originally posted by Stanley
                          Thanks. Hmmm watched it. As mentioned above, I'm certain he's never ever been booed, groaned at maybe. Big difference.

                          Comment

                          • TimPR78
                            Apprentice
                            • Mar 2016
                            • 167

                            #28
                            Only things really deserving of booing for me is when someone doesn't care/doesn't put the effort in a la Bos###### & Traore

                            Comment

                            • Shepherds Mush
                              Platinum Seat
                              • Nov 2012
                              • 10325

                              #29
                              Absolute nonsense - Kpekwa was never targeted with boos.

                              Comment

                              • Hove Ranger
                                Silver Seat
                                • Aug 2011
                                • 4441

                                #30
                                Boo hoos..........I'll get my coat

                                Comment

                                Working...