Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build the team around cherry....

http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport/...ason_1_4558522

How many of you think he could be as influential as taarabt was when we went up. I think the boys talented and very capable but the league is very strong next season.

If we keep a 4 2 3 1 formation it's a no brainier but where does he play of we did go 4 4 2 or 4 3 3?
    Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 02-06-2016, 05:35 PM.

No chance! Just seems like an average player. He doesn't have major weapons to hurt the opposing side. That year we went up was a bit special. We'd never do it in that kind of style again going on our showings over the last few years
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

How many of you think he could be as influential as taarabt was when we went up. I think the boys talented and very capable but the league is very strong best season.

If we keep a 4 2 3 1 formation it's a no brainier but where does he play of we did go 4 4 2 or 4 3 3?
      While I don't think he's like taarabt talent wise, I've seen enough this season to want him to be that hook in our side. Great shooting from range, good vision and link up play, top first touch and dribbling. Him in front of Luongo and a tough tackling, long ball player like Huws will be the perfect middling trio to support a trident attack. 10 goals in a season where he was very stop start is no easy feat.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I'd want to see if he and Bostock or any other midfielder we get can form understanding , any forward or deep forward player is only as good as midfield schemer makes them

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

How many of you think he could be as influential as taarabt was when we went up. I think the boys talented and very capable but the league is very strong next season.

Good. But not that good!

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
            Good. But not that good!
            spot on.

he is an ok player but nothing special.
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

He's not as good as Adel to do that in my opinion.

Give me a proper team personally instead of one player which everything goes through as when you lose that player you loose the team ie Adel & Austin team could not really operate without them as we become over reliant

Comment

Adel only worked because of the dynamics of that particular squad and the strong characters. Would not have worked with the vast majority of squads.

Adel also had a very specific set of skills and weaknesses. Chery doesn't have those extremes but played in the right position (which in effect would mean building a team around him) could be very good for us. Whether that particular system would work is another matter. No offence to BFG and Washington as they both seem 'right sorts' with some potential but we do not have anything like enough quality up top for a Chery type. Would therefore depend on what we bring in.

For me Chery drifted in and out as he doesn't suit a full on winger role and as I say we didn't have sufficient quality up front to effectively play him as a number 10. If we could make him work to his best could be a very important player for us.

Comment

He needs players around him who can make him even betterp players who are able to invite to triangels and flick-ons done with accuracy and power. We do also need a midfielder who can score. IF we chose to buy players who ticks those boxes, I think Chery will prove to be the real deal from August to May, not occationelly, like this year.
                  Last edited by Shania; 03-06-2016, 12:53 PM.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Tarabbt was unplayable in the Championship - possibly one of the best players the division has ever had.

Would love to see Chery reach that sort of level but just don't see him as an individual/maverick player.

Comment

adel was a one off , will never forget some of his winners for us , chery is a different player don't think u can compare them . no team should be built round any player in my opinion

Comment

Working...
                      X