The best, most realistic striker we can hope for this summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    If they don't use their option, get Lars Veldwijk from Nottingham Forest out at PEC Zwolle on loan, good dutch striker, tall, good age, 14 goals this season in 35.
    Mitchell Te Vrede as well
    That Veldwijk is so bad. Good job you ain't a scout

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
      Been mentioned on here 1000's of times over the years, but we really missed out on Hooper.
      Sheff Weds paid £2.7mill for him and scored 13 this season from November to May.
      Hooper decided not to come and if he had we probably wouldn't have signed Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
        That Veldwijk is so bad. Good job you ain't a scout
        Haven't seen him in the champ but watched in eredivisie, done well this season.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          I dont even think non league or pub team players would want to leave sunday morning football to join our tin pot club who don't create chances and are up there with being in the running as the worst club on the planet,
          You jest Kev but there is no escaping the fact that we are now nowhere near the most attractive club to sign for in the Championship. I meet a lot of people in my job and the conversation often gets round to football. It used to be the case that QPR was thought of as a great little club. Now the reaction I usually get is just disbelief at how we've f***** up our big chance TWICE. Even the thickest of footballers will have noticed, and if it is true that we 'only' pay 20k then we're not going to attract anyone of note. There are two divisions developing in the Championship - Premier League B and the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Glen Murray from Bournemouth or for swan song who could still do a job Lambert WBA
            Swan related to Rigobert and Alex?

;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
              You jest Kev but there is no escaping the fact that we are now nowhere near the most attractive club to sign for in the Championship. I meet a lot of people in my job and the conversation often gets round to football. It used to be the case that QPR was thought of as a great little club. Now the reaction I usually get is just disbelief at how we've f***** up our big chance TWICE. Even the thickest of footballers will have noticed, and if it is true that we 'only' pay 20k then we're not going to attract anyone of note. There are two divisions developing in the Championship - Premier League B and the rest.
              You make valid points, but I put 2 names to you that will make us attractive to strikers in particular: Les Ferdinand and Jimmy Floyd Hasslebaink. Some of the best strikers of their time, that's enough to draw strikers in who want to learn from them. You only have to look at the turnaround in quality from Polter to see their work. The guy couldn't control a football if his life depended on it a few months into the season. All of a sudden, he works one to one with the coaches, starts taking down the occasional long ball like it's no man's business, playing lovely first time passes and scoring goals. If a striker wants learn and improve, QPR is up there as one of the most appealing in this league
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

You make valid points, but I put 2 names to you that will make us attractive to strikers in particular: Les Ferdinand and Jimmy Floyd Hasslebaink. Some of the best strikers of their time, that's enough to draw strikers in who want to learn from them. You only have to look at the turnaround in quality from Polter to see their work. The guy couldn't control a football if his life depended on it a few months into the season. All of a sudden, he works one to one with the coaches, starts taking down the occasional long ball like it's no man's business, playing lovely first time passes and scoring goals. If a striker wants learn and improve, QPR is up there as one of the most appealing in this league
                The way Jimmy sets out to play the team doesn't appear to be very striker dependent and therefore we'll end up with an unknown for about £1m. I can't possibly see Jimmy changing his ways as this is how he's always been, defense first, goals are welcome if they happen and they'll be pretty evenly spread about the team instead of relying on just one or two as we were with Charlie.

I do hope to be proven wrong, just can't see it though. Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoop-du-Jour View Post
                  The way Jimmy sets out to play the team doesn't appear to be very striker dependent and therefore we'll end up with an unknown for about £1m. I can't possibly see Jimmy changing his ways as this is how he's always been, defense first, goals are welcome if they happen and they'll be pretty evenly spread about the team instead of relying on just one or two as we were with Charlie.

I agree on this, don't think we are gonna rely on an individual this season. But the point was that we are still a very attractive prospect for strikers.

Comment

You only have to look at the turnaround in quality from Polter to see their work
                    Crikey. I'm a fan of JFH AND Polter but that is the easiest thing to rip apart I have EVER seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoop-du-Jour View Post

Surprising, considering his (and Les') histories as entertaining, dynamic and prolific strikers.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                        You jest Kev but there is no escaping the fact that we are now nowhere near the most attractive club to sign for in the Championship.
                        He does jest but the points which set him off were totally valid..... reality is still very difficult for some people to handle. No one wants us to have blown all that money only to have ended up lower down the pecking order than when the spree started, with another highly questionable managerial appointment and playing the kind of football that is unlikely to attract a striker from anywhere but a fair bit lower down the ladder. No one likes or wants this but it is the reality. Turning a blind eye or jesting wont make it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          Surprising, considering his (and Les') histories as entertaining, dynamic and prolific strikers.
                          Yeah, it's like when people get older, they mostly stop taking risks and err on the side of caution. I think Jimmy has reached his sixties by how cautious he is now, by the time we've finished with him he'll be in a wheelchair blowing raspberries at TF from the roof!

Comment

Zamora leaving brighton
                            R's

Comment

Originally posted by SteveQPR1975 View Post
                              Zamora leaving brighton
                              Sign him up!
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                              Geoff Cameron - 1
                              Aramide Oteh - 1
                              Jake Bidwell - 1
                              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I agree on this, don't think we are gonna rely on an individual this season. But the point was that we are still a very attractive prospect for strikers.
                                But the point I'm making, that you agree with, doesn't make us a good prospect for strikers. Whoever comes in on the cheap is gonna be fighting Washington just to get on the bench. Polter currently will always be his first choice because of his work rate covering defensively as well as his goals, created and scored.

This is my own musing on what we know now and all things are subject to change of course. But any striker that's been bagging 15 to 20 goals a season will be looking for a decent pay deal and goal bonus, which they won't get at QPR from what we know of as now. Difficult situation for us really, let's hope Les has some aces up his sleeve.

Comment

Working...
                                X