Ned and his future at QPR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ned and his future at QPR!

Club captain and played every minute of every game for us last year.

How does everyone see his future at QPR and what do we think jfh thinks?

When I look at our back 4 I think we have two outstanding talents in hall and Robinson but I think we are desperate for another CB to compliment hall. I'd personally much prefer caulker at the back alongside him.

However I believe hall and Ned will be pencilled in as our cbs next season I really do. I think jfh likes and rates him. I'd prefer he was squad player tbh which I don't think he'd accept as well. If he was our back up to our main CB options I'd be happy and we all know he can step in at rb to.

Who would have Ned as captain and in the first 11 at CB or rb or not at all?

Should we sell him?

Interesting to see people's thoughts!

I would have him as a squad player as well, but I agree that he wouldn't like to be a backup to another CB

Comment

Imo he panics too much when under pressure and rather than leading a panicking defence he simply panics as well. Don't get me wrong, sometimes he has good games for us but only does when the rest of the team is playing well tol with everything going according to plan, guys like Smithies, Hall, Chery etc are all able to still look good even if we lose 2 or 3 nil whereas Ned never has them kind of games.
      I wouldn't mind so much of he was 10 years younger but he's 30 years old give or take and has played hundreds of games in his career with the majority of it being in the prem yet he rarely plays with confidence in himself and looks terrified everytime a high ball comes his way.

Maybe he needs the right players round him to bring the best out of him consistently but maybe thats too fruitless to do and he hasn't impressed me much this season despite him having played under all 3 managers we've had so he should either be replaced as captain to get that weight off his shoulders, or sold. No doubt we could get 2 or 3 million for him too.

Comment

I think Ned is worthy of his place in the championship. Think him and Hall with Robinson and Perch at RB is a decent defensive at this level.

Not sure what happens if Caulker stays as i think he probably would shine in this league, so certainly a dilemma for JFH.

I fear if Caulker comes back, then Ned will go to RB, which i dont want. Has never looked comfortable playing RB and a liability when on the ball at times.

Would like to see us sign a real decent RB, then let Hall, Caulker and Ned fight it out for the two spots and leave Perch for cover all around.

Comment

no captain for me . he can be tops one game then dire the next , when he goes on those little dribbles there is never any end product . clumsy at times then making crucial tackles . wouldn't have him in the first eleven but in the squad

Comment

Got no problem at all with an Onuha / Hall partnership. Got a lot of problems with Caulker partnering anyone.

Think the criticism of Ned is way over the top on here sometimes.

Comment

I like Ned, but he's a clumsy oaf at times.
              Wouldnt be against him going if a decent bid came in, especially as he's probably on 30-40k a week, maybe even more (and that is well out of range for a squad player at this level).

Comment

Currently, Ned is my first choice with Hall next year. Think they compliment each other well. Wouldn't be averse to selling him (or almost anyone in the squad) for a very very good bid.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I thought he was a lot better for us when he didn't have the added pressure of being captain.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                    I thought he was a lot better for us when he didn't have the added pressure of being captain.
                    When he was alongside the Dunney Monster?

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                      When he was alongside the Dunney Monster?
                      Exactly. And even when it was him and Hill. When he played alongside Caulker he certainly wasn't the sh!tter of the 2 imo.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Squad player at the very most. I wouldn't start him. And I'd never play him right back.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          Got no problem at all with an Onuha / Hall partnership. Got a lot of problems with Caulker partnering anyone.

Think the criticism of Ned is way over the top on here sometimes.
                          This. Ned & Hall are very good CB pairing for this level, personally think Ned gets way too much stick. He is no right back though, only ever a CB.
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Didn't JFH say he is letting Clint go as he wants someone to play 20 or 30 games at CB next season ? Would this indicate he wants someone else to play alongside Hall rather than Ned.

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                              Didn't JFH say he is letting Clint go as he wants someone to play 20 or 30 games at CB next season ? Would this indicate he wants someone else to play alongside Hall rather than Ned.
                              Out of interest, how is that? Ned is the 1 that played every minute of every game this season as captain?
                              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                              X