Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we in crisis (again!)? At least 14 new signings needed and we have no money!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
    think you have me confused with someone else on this thread. we were a mid-table team.....therfore, need to make changes to hopefully improve us.......cant understand were this logic is confusing you
    its not confusing me at all im saying theres a very good chance if we`re not going to be spending the cash we`ll do well to get mid table,or if we dont sign plenty of quality to replace players leaving,we might be letting too much quality go at one time therefore risky,but if they are prepared to spend well then hopefully all will be good,but im not major confident after the lack of points we`ve had with these players
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
      its not confusing me at all im saying theres a very good chance if we`re not going to be spending the cash we`ll do well to get mid table,or if we dont sign plenty of quality to replace players leaving,we might be letting too much quality go at one time therefore risky,but if they are prepared to spend well then hopefully all will be good,but im not major confident after the lack of points we`ve had with these players
      agree with pretty much all of that apart from "we might be letting too much quality go".

Who out of those released was really quality and not easily replaceable?

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        Yes I'm aware of that, but a lot of the issue of depth can be solved by our youth players (Doughty, Cole, Furlong, Petrasso, Comley, Lumley, Prouhouly, Grego-Cox). That's what QPR should be all about, giving these guys trust that they can be involved. The first team is what needs replacing and there as I've said, we need a Right back, centre back, centre mid, winger and striker. Get all that and at bare minimum you have 19 players. Add Ingram, Polter, CW (if he's still here), Henry, Perch, Mackie and a new Centre back and you have a squad of 25 players there without too much done. The rest of the squad can be freebies.
        Sorry but under JFH i cant see anything but a relegation battle, for me the guy makes substitutions for the sake of it, We spend 3 million on a guy that was on fire at peterborough and he gets 5 mins or subbed after 75 mins, El khayati well personally he's garbage compared to other wingers at the top of the CCC, under JFH he's got about 34 points from 28 or 29 games thats hardly top 6 material, yep we look more organised and to be fair do battle for longer than 20 mins, however and this is a big however Chief needs to be a chief for 90 mins hall looked better with big clint and the back had leadership, so for me a skipper is needed, I'm going to give it 15 games and JFH will be gone. yep all for rebuilding but you don't get a plumber in to rebuilt a wall this guys out of his depth in the same way Adams at Norwich was in premier league some cut it others don't. Oh yeah the style of football aint what i was brought up on for Rs fans aint good enough yep i admit I'm pi$$ed Ale clint gone clubs with youth need role models if ours are perch and henry were ####ed.

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
          Sorry but under JFH i cant see anything but a relegation battle, for me the guy makes substitutions for the sake of it, We spend 3 million on a guy that was on fire at peterborough and he gets 5 mins or subbed after 75 mins, El khayati well personally he's garbage compared to other wingers at the top of the CCC, under JFH he's got about 34 points from 28 or 29 games thats hardly top 6 material, yep we look more organised and to be fair do battle for longer than 20 mins, however and this is a big however Chief needs to be a chief for 90 mins hall looked better with big clint and the back had leadership, so for me a skipper is needed, I'm going to give it 15 games and JFH will be gone. yep all for rebuilding but you don't get a plumber in to rebuilt a wall this guys out of his depth in the same way Adams at Norwich was in premier league some cut it others don't. Oh yeah the style of football aint what i was brought up on for Rs fans aint good enough yep i admit I'm pi$$ed Ale clint gone clubs with youth need role models if ours are perch and henry were ####ed.
          Gonna come out harsh and seemingly against different opinions, but this is a very, very poor overview of the situation.

1) CW has made 7 starts and hasn't scored or assisted or really done anything. The only thing I've seen conor do was almost assist on his debut, since then, nothing. At least El Khayati looks dangerous in general bar the match against Bristol.

2) You can look at his current form but bear in mind quite a bit of the 11 is expected to improve between now and the start of the season and stabilisation was the key for the second half of the season.

3) Chief has done a good job, played every game of the season and has been steady throughout, been loud, may not have the experience of Clint but did enough to call him a good enough captain this season. If he's the starter next season, he'll be a better captain, if not, someone else needs to step up and there are candidates in the form of the Keeper or Perchy or even Hall (despite his age).

4) What makes you say he's out of his depth? Les has rebuilt well last summer and Jimmy spent shrewdly in January on 2 players playing above their value and one who has disappointed but may be potentially profitable with the Euros coming up.

5) The style of football not just at this club but in general has changed. It's not the club's fault that you have yet to adapt and while it could improve relative to current style, it isn't far off what you'd expect of most teams. Passing quality needs to get better but that needs the right player.

6) I'm sad to see Ale go, but it was his own choice, club gave him a suggestion and he disagreed, so he left. Wish him luck, but Henry is a good role model and so is Perch so I don't see why you are saying otherwise? Both have been around and done plenty...
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
            agree with pretty much all of that apart from "we might be letting too much quality go".

Who out of those released was really quality and not easily replaceable?

obviously people like ale and clint amongst maybe hoilet leaving,dont know why have to obviously point it out again,but im not convinced by jimmy so far and the win ratio,& his tactics style of play,havnt seen enough to suggest we`d breeze mid to top half at all,we lack leadership & quality & if we get that in then great,but im not convinced by what ive seen this season to suggest we`ll be comfortable!
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Gonna come out harsh and seemingly against different opinions, but this is a very, very poor overview of the situation.

1) CW has made 7 starts and hasn't scored or assisted or really done anything. The only thing I've seen conor do was almost assist on his debut, since then, nothing. At least El Khayati looks dangerous in general bar the match against Bristol.

2) You can look at his current form but bear in mind quite a bit of the 11 is expected to improve between now and the start of the season and stabilisation was the key for the second half of the season.

3) Chief has done a good job, played every game of the season and has been steady throughout, been loud, may not have the experience of Clint but did enough to call him a good enough captain this season. If he's the starter next season, he'll be a better captain, if not, someone else needs to step up and there are candidates in the form of the Keeper or Perchy or even Hall (despite his age).

4) What makes you say he's out of his depth? Les has rebuilt well last summer and Jimmy spent shrewdly in January on 2 players playing above their value and one who has disappointed but may be potentially profitable with the Euros coming up.

5) The style of football not just at this club but in general has changed. It's not the club's fault that you have yet to adapt and while it could improve relative to current style, it isn't far off what you'd expect of most teams. Passing quality needs to get better but that needs the right player.

6) I'm sad to see Ale go, but it was his own choice, club gave him a suggestion and he disagreed, so he left. Wish him luck, but Henry is a good role model and so is Perch so I don't see why you are saying otherwise? Both have been around and done plenty...
              Good assessment Nasser, So OK we may not be in crisis (yet!) but signing inexperienced Laegue 1 players won't see us challenge and we could struggle to survive unless we get a big slug of quality and experience in over the next 3 months. Work in progress will continue to be so for at least the next 2 seasons. Can JFH suurvive that period? I hope so but doubt it! Lets be honest we would all feel a lot more confident with NW still in charge!!!
              oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

I'm afraid I agree with you. You can't just get rid of established players and expect to replace them with league 1 players and below. Also I don't think we can blame Les for this decision. It sounds like it was JFH decision not to renew the contracts of Ale and Clint. I don't think Les has really indicated that he agreed with this decision.

Comment

Originally posted by oldhoop View Post
                  Good assessment Nasser, So OK we may not be in crisis (yet!) but signing inexperienced Laegue 1 players won't see us challenge and we could struggle to survive unless we get a big slug of quality and experience in over the next 3 months. Work in progress will continue to be so for at least the next 2 seasons. Can JFH suurvive that period? I hope so but doubt it! Lets be honest we would all feel a lot more confident with NW still in charge!!!
                  I would feel more short term confidence in Warnock, but certainly not long term. JFH I feel somewhat confident in the short term, and quite confident in the long term, which is important to me. With that being said, if you look at our signings last season, we signed 8 players from leagues that are either league 1 or league 1 standard and did fine. As long as we get the right sort of players, irrespective of their league, I think we'll do fine.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                    obviously people like ale and clint amongst maybe hoilet leaving,dont know why have to obviously point it out again,but im not convinced by jimmy so far and the win ratio,& his tactics style of play,havnt seen enough to suggest we`d breeze mid to top half at all,we lack leadership & quality & if we get that in then great,but im not convinced by what ive seen this season to suggest we`ll be comfortable!
                    We're you impressed with Gerry Francis when he first arrived

Comment

Sometimes this forum just baffles you. When we're on verge of relegation the buzz words were young hungry players. The club adopts this policy of seeking out young hungry then the complaint is these young hungry players come from to low a league. Wake up call we don't have the money to fill the team with hot prospects from premier league sides it worked with Grant Hall but how many Halls are their in top flight who sides are going to virtually give away???

Lower league/ championship signings don't mean we will struggle if their the right ones brought in just like when we signed premier and champions league players never meant we were going to be any good.

Do our homework on the player and ensure he fits our needs that's the key not what division they come from

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        Sometimes this forum just baffles you. When we're on verge of relegation the buzz words were young hungry players. The club adopts this policy of seeking out young hungry then the complaint is these young hungry players come from to low a league. Wake up call we don't have the money to fill the team with hot prospects from premier league sides it worked with Grant Hall but how many Halls are their in top flight who sides are going to virtually give away???

Lower league/ championship signings don't mean we will struggle if their the right ones brought in just like when we signed premier and champions league players never meant we were going to be any good.

Do our homework on the player and ensure he fits our needs that's the key not what division they come from
                        We want the right sorts in at the right price until we can actually get them, then they aren't good enough.

Comment

We want the right sorts in at the right price until we can actually get them, then they aren't good enough.
                          Exactly. Basically we want likes of loftus cheek and Rashford for million quid each or there not good enough

Comment

Our lower league signings are very hit and miss. There's not much value in this country and our scouting ain't amazing tbh. Need to start looking abroad more. The cub's infrastructure is still lacking..

Comment

Originally posted by FACTS View Post
                              Our lower league signings are very hit and miss. There's not much value in this country and our scouting ain't amazing tbh. Need to start looking abroad more. The cub's infrastructure is still lacking..
                              we managed to get Chery for 2 mil, I'm sure there are plenty more like him around that region. The belgian league is very oddly untouched despite the potential there.

Comment

I think the clubs succes rate was pretty decent last year with signings. Smithies, hall, cherry and luongo have all worked out well in their own way. Not brought in for huge money and when performed we tied them down to a longer deal pretty quickly.

With the lower league or premiership reserve signings there is going to be a element of hit and miss until yo get them in and give them ago. To early to judge Connor imo and certainly not until I have seen him play 5,6 or 7 games back to back. The same with nas. Nas to me looks like a handy squad player if not a first 11 and at 250 k and with his wage that's still great business.

I hope the club still go down this route with signings but they do need to also concentrate a decent sum of money on established championship quality if we are to progress to the levels that Les was speaking about the other day, if we want to be play offs contenders next year.
                                Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 15-05-2016, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X