No announcement yet.

Les caretaker manager vs Bristol City?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't post here very often - Am I missing some sort of joke?

What has happened to our fans? The guy has come into a disastrous situation with a squad (at no fault of his own) which is pulling in all sorts of directions. He has a couple of guys with no interest in earning their wages but amorous eyes at collecting them, he has a few with little or no experience at this level that are cutting their teeth, trying to be effective and he has a few with inflated opinions and lethargic output. All the time he has a key goal to get younger and cheaper without much outlay.

This is not the time to judge the manager. Not solely on points and wins.

We have been a total mess of a club for the best part of a decade. The (undoubted) success we've enjoyed has been short lived and built with the short term in mind. We're finally looking at things from a different angle now. We're building within our means and for the long term. Changing managers every six months won't do anything to help. He's young and is still learning from his mistakes. For goodness sake have some patience and let the guy build a squad, a style, an ethic and have his say for a couple of full seasons at least. Otherwise we'll be stuck in this purgatory forever.

Comment

I thought it was obvious, Stanley:
      - both rookies in the job
      - both started about the same time of the season
      - results getting worse towards the season end
      - both were not having their own squad and were urged to be given at least a summer window
      - both are widely given time until next October by the fans.
      Quite identical cases in my opinion and that's why the thread.
      Last edited by Timmy the Doc; 03-05-2016, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Here you go, fixed that for you Timmy:

JFH:
        Is NOT a rookie.
        Did NOT start at same time of season as Ramsey.
        Results have NOT got worse towards season end.
        WILL be given a summer window.
        IS far from identical to Ramsey.

Anything else?

Clearly you want him gone, but I don't think you're in the majority here.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
          Would like JFH to succeed and I've been willing to give him time until the October. But it seems we are following the same failed path once again. JFH will probably be gone by the beginning of November and we'll have another broken season. When was the last time we got a new manager during the summer break?? Les as a caretaker manager vs Bristol City and new manager early June would perhaps be right thing to do?
          Would like JFH to succeed... but think he should be sacked after 20-odd games. Classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
            Here you go, fixed that for you Timmy:

JFH:
            Is NOT a rookie.
            - He is in manager job

Did NOT start at same time of season as Ramsey.
            - JFH started in December and Ramsey in January.

Results have NOT got worse towards season end.
            - One win in eight games so yes they are

WILL be given a summer window.
            - looks like it and so was Ramsey

IS far from identical to Ramsey.
            - have to disagree

Anything else?

Clearly you want him gone, but I don't think you're in the majority here.
            - I don't want him gone. Like I said would like him to succeed. (but truth is I'm starting to think he will not be very successful with us)
            Last edited by Timmy the Doc; 03-05-2016, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Padula's Shampoo View Post

What has happened to our fans? The guy has come into a disastrous situation with a squad (at no fault of his own) which is pulling in all sorts of directions. He has a couple of guys with no interest in earning their wages but amorous eyes at collecting them, he has a few with little or no experience at this level that are cutting their teeth, trying to be effective and he has a few with inflated opinions and lethargic output. All the time he has a key goal to get younger and cheaper without much outlay.

We have been a total mess of a club for the best part of a decade. The (undoubted) success we've enjoyed has been short lived and built with the short term in mind. We're finally looking at things from a different angle now. We're building within our means and for the long term. Changing managers every six months won't do anything to help. He's young and is still learning from his mistakes. For goodness sake have some patience and let the guy build a squad, a style, an ethic and have his say for a couple of full seasons at least. Otherwise we'll be stuck in this purgatory forever.
              The biggest problem here is the fans. Numskulls some of them, expecting instant success because we had three years in the premiership. All the threads on Redknapp, Warnock would have got us promoted and yes lets get another manager who wjll still have a poor squad. Patience is not a thing we have. As bad as Real Madrid in that respect. We are a small club stadium and funds wise and we will have to build from the ground up. Being tough to beat is the start and always the most important thing, then slowly start to win more consistently. Yet he has had one transfer window where he was forced tl bring in whoever was avaliable as a striker and those were the best he could get. Our future looks good with young promising players, getting rid of high wages leading to financial stability and I only hope our fans arent listened to and spoil it again.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                The biggest problem here is the fans. Numskulls some of them, expecting instant success because we had three years in the premiership. All the threads on Redknapp, Warnock would have got us promoted and yes lets get another manager who wjll still have a poor squad. Patience is not a thing we have. As bad as Real Madrid in that respect. We are a small club stadium and funds wise and we will have to build from the ground up. Being tough to beat is the start and always the most important thing, then slowly start to win more consistently. Yet he has had one transfer window where he was forced tl bring in whoever was avaliable as a striker and those were the best he could get. Our future looks good with young promising players, getting rid of high wages leading to financial stability and I only hope our fans arent listened to and spoil it again.

Newcastle of the Championship.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                  We have been harder to beat, have we not?
                  Yes we have. A wag would suggest harder to watch too..... Think Hertford Hoop nails it; who should we get should Jimmy be gone? Think part of my depression is that we've made our bed and now have to lie in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                    Newcastle of the Championship.

It's almost ironic how the same people who complain about the lack of instant success also criticise Newcastle fans for the same. I criticise the instant success thing in general to be honest. Long term over short, I'm willing to wait.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                      - I don't want him gone. Like I said would like him to succeed. (but truth is I'm starting to think he will not be very successful with us)
                      JFH has been managing since may 2013, don't know what you're on about, assume you're talking about his time in England. What about considering the opposition, we've only lost to the top 3 in our last 10 and we've beaten Derby in that time too. You wanted him to experiment with his squad, he did, now you complain results aren't as good, but with such limited continuity on the back of injuries, rotation for trialling players etc, it's not a surprise. We're solid, we're doing what we need to now to build into the pre season.
                      Next Ramsey's summer was actually only ruined by the PreSeason tour. If you learned anything about JFH prior to his time here, he runs a mean Preseason full of fitness work because that's how he wants his teams to play, high intensity, hard work. If you look at Ramsey's summer signings, one of them has the potential to be a top centre back (Hall), one of them will be a top centre midfielder (Luongo), one of them is the 4th top scorer from midfield in the division (Chery), one of them has now proven to be a top goalkeeper at this level and looks to improve further (Smithies), another has developed into one of our most consistent players and can be a key player for us next season (Perch) and another is going to be a cult hero if he stays at the club for an extended period of time (Polter). Of course some of them haven't worked out but the value of these players now far outweighs the negatives. If JFH has a transfer record half as good this squad will be hugely improved come the start of next season, especially with the right training.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Padula's Shampoo View Post

You should post more often mate. Nice one.

Comment

I have been disappointed with Jimmy so far. I don't think that anything will change over summer and expect another disappointing season next year.

But I thought Leicester would be relegated before the season started! The football is dull and the results are poor. It is easy to forgive one of these if the other is good, but so far Chris Ramsey (who lost the fans and needed to be replaced) had Qpr playing more exciting (and also at time kamikaze style) football

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            JFH has been managing since may 2013, don't know what you're on about, assume you're talking about his time in England. What about considering the opposition, we've only lost to the top 3 in our last 10 and we've beaten Derby in that time too. You wanted him to experiment with his squad, he did, now you complain results aren't as good, but with such limited continuity on the back of injuries, rotation for trialling players etc, it's not a surprise. We're solid, we're doing what we need to now to build into the pre season.
                            Next Ramsey's summer was actually only ruined by the PreSeason tour. If you learned anything about JFH prior to his time here, he runs a mean Preseason full of fitness work because that's how he wants his teams to play, high intensity, hard work. If you look at Ramsey's summer signings, one of them has the potential to be a top centre back (Hall), one of them will be a top centre midfielder (Luongo), one of them is the 4th top scorer from midfield in the division (Chery), one of them has now proven to be a top goalkeeper at this level and looks to improve further (Smithies), another has developed into one of our most consistent players and can be a key player for us next season (Perch) and another is going to be a cult hero if he stays at the club for an extended period of time (Polter). Of course some of them haven't worked out but the value of these players now far outweighs the negatives. If JFH has a transfer record half as good this squad will be hugely improved come the start of next season, especially with the right training.
                            I was almost with you till the Polter and cult hero bit.

Comment

Anyone that wants LF as caretaker manager for one game is clearly on the sauce.

Comment

I actually misread this posting and thought Les was being considered for the position of manager at Bristol City.

Comment

Working...
                                X