No announcement yet.

What i don't understand is..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you for real Nass? I am sorry but you are very very wrong about Matty Phillips and I am sorry I must have missed those games where he directly influenced the game and made the difference! When was the last time he ran the game and dominated a full back?

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
      Are you for real Nass? I am sorry but you are very very wrong about Matty Phillips and I am sorry I must have missed those games where he directly influenced the game and made the difference! When was the last time he ran the game and dominated a full back?
      Oh so you want us to sign Cristiano Ronaldo do you or something?
      When did he directly influence a game? Countless times this season but I'll go with the most blatant one which was Wolves away with 2 goals and an assist. He does generally control his wing and as I've said, He's won us 10 points with his direct involvement in a goal by scoring or assisting. Why are you so insistent on ignoring that particular fact. Like, it's not really an opinion thing that he's influenced the result. Other things there's definitely opinion on it, but not this.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Wolves away was in August and both goals were keeper errors! Controls his wing my good god you really are on another level. I will leave this be as not much point in carrying this on as your stats you have rolled out seem to reflect his influence on the team and division in general.

Comment

Wolves away was in August and both goals were keeper errors! Controls his wing my good god you really are on another level. I will leave this be as not much point in carrying this on as your stats you have rolled out seem to reflect his influence on the team and division in general.
          Note, the other level I may be on isn't an incorrect level, just a different level. There's no right or wrong on opinions, but when a fact comes into play, it has to be considered as you've noted here. Have a good evening mate.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

You too! On Phillips you are doctoring the figures and if you look deeply enough you will see it. Yesterday he was awful and it goes on. But we will leave it there but have the poll and put it out there and I am sure the stat will be one sided.

Comment

You too! On Phillips you are doctoring the figures and if you look deeply enough you will see it. Yesterday he was awful and it goes on. But we will leave it there but have the poll and put it out there and I am sure the stat will be one sided.
              woah woah woah, you can't just say leave it there after saying I'm doctoring the figures. Here's the final proof of it.

Here are the games where - without Phillips' goals or assists, we would have fewer points from the match than we ended up with:

vs Cardiff - 1 assist in a 2 - 2 draw. Earned 1 point
              @ Wolves - 2 goals and an assist in a 3 - 2 win. Earned 3 points.
              vs Wolves - 1 assist in a 1 - 1 draw. Earned 1 point.
              vs Ipswich - 1 goal in a 1 - 0 win. Earned 2 points.
              @ Bolton - 1 goal in a 1 - 1 draw. Earned 1 point.
              vs Charlton - 1 goal in a 2 - 1 win. Earned 2 points.

All that adds up to 10 points earned by his direct involvement. No doctoring, no nothing. Just facts.

Comment

Your stats do not add up for 44 games and do nor reflect how poor your lad phillips has been. I will leave it there as we have torn the #### out of this and not much mileage left in it.

Comment

Your stats do not add up for 44 games and do nor reflect how poor your lad phillips has been. I will leave it there as we have torn the #### out of this and not much mileage left in it.
                  I agree that we've torn this apart and we should end it, but I don't know what you mean that they don't add up for 44 games? Are you saying that because they don't agree with your view that he's been poor, they are obviously incorrect? If so, that is wildly off base.

Comment

Yes he has been poor and that is based on his improved 2nd half of last season where he enjoyed a decent run. This year he has been dreadful both in performance and attitude as he should be tearing this league to pieces but from what I have seen that has not been the case.

Comment

Yes he has been poor and that is based on his improved 2nd half of last season where he enjoyed a decent run. This year he has been dreadful both in performance and attitude as he should be tearing this league to pieces but from what I have seen that has not been the case.
                      "Decent run" is the understatement of the century. I'm glad that I finally got a semi answer for this point I posed much earlier regarding whether you were looking at how poor he was relative to how he's been in the past or relative to the potential alternatives. I can understand that perspective, obviously we know what he's capable of and he can do more, but that isn't to say that he hasn't done anything. Once again as long as he gets the end product, we get the points. That's what matters most.

Comment

You really are priceless mate are you forgetting we were relegated so I think your "understatement of the century" bit needs a bit of a reality check! And again like the rest of the team/squad he was directly involved or do we not count that stat?

Comment

You really are priceless mate are you forgetting we were relegated so I think your "understatement of the century" bit needs a bit of a reality check! And again like the rest of the team/squad he was directly involved or do we not count that stat?
                          I'm sorry, I forgot that outdoing almost every player in Europe in assists except Messi and De Bruyne (to my recollection) is not good enough to be considered to be above decent and is considered "not enough"

Comment

You will also recollect Messi helped Barca win the champions league while we got relegated. So not sure what your point is or what you are trying to prove?

Comment

I think the most obvious point here is - Matt Phillips cannot get us promoted single-handedly and he couldn't prevent our relegation single-handedly. And I don't understand why there is such a big disagreement here? All agree that he is not playing up to his best. All agree that he could be working harder and that his attitude can be a pain to look at.

But he still has some sort of end-product, which this season has helped us this to more points than had he not been playing. I think we all expected him to have a bigger influence on our season, but him not living up to expectations does not equal that he's done f*** all. He has influenced games and won us points - just not as many as we all expected at the start of the season.
                              QPR since 1993
                              WATRB since 2015
                              First QPR game hopefully in 2017

Comment

handbags away girls.

whose to say if someone else wasn't playing in Phillips position, they would have won us more than 10 points this season. Also that stat you keep chucking at him Nas, will never tell the full story. Him losing the ball could have cost us 11 points this season, his lack of work, which creates a bad atmosphere could contribute towards it, which is never going to be reflected by a stat.

I have previously defended Phillips, but not anymore. Dont want to be here, so get rid.

Comment

Working...
                                X